Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Crunch day! (and it's not today)

Haven''t got time to read through all the threads today, or post much (you''ll be pleased to hear)  but looking at the headlines I can imagine...........

All I would say is it is not done and dusted.  Hull is a crunch match of course, but I don''t think the board are going to axe Hughton after a cup game where we fielded a weak side (should have been good enough but wasn''t).  

A win against Hull will change the perspective completely - and if we manage at least a draw against Newcastle, we would be back on track to pick up enough points to avoid relegation - even get into midtable - confidence would be somewhat restored and we can move on.  

It looks bad now but Saturday is the key moment of the season.  We''ll see who is up for the battle then.

It''s always ''one more game'' though isn''t it LDC?He should have gone well before now, he should have gone after the Fulham game and didn''t, and certainly should be gone after a string of 8 terrible matches in a row with dire football throughout, but somehow he''s still hanging in there.As for seeing about who is up for the battle - maybe we should ask the board if they are, because Hughton isn''t going to sort it out.....

You are clutching at straws LDC. Even if we stay up and CH keeps his job, we are doomed to a repeating cycle of turgid football and flirting with danger. Eventually, our luck will run out and we will be relegated. The way we are heading at the moment, I fancy that even Crystal Palace will be above us by the season end, and something that was unthinkable duriing the early part of the season.Also Fulham are dire, having recently been trounced by both Hull and Sunderland. At times last night they completely outpassed us.

Yep, the time is long overdue for the board to put us all out of our misery (and Hoots) and swing that bloody axe. Talk about dithering! If the fool somehow manages a win against Hull, where does that leave us? Going down with the Hughton most probably!