Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Wiz was right

How many times do we see people shouted down as eccentric idiots or "binners" for expressing a left field or out of the box opinion?

There are plenty of legitimate questions to be asked about Wiz''s integrity and intentions, but he was right when he said that beating West Ham could relegate us.

It bought Hughton time, at the time when we ideally needed to sack him.

That West Ham win saved Hughton his job, and now the boat has sailed, the best candidates have alternative employment and the transfer window is ticking away.

Wiz called that one correctly.

[quote user="Le Juge"]How many times do we see people shouted down as eccentric idiots or "binners" for expressing a left field or out of the box opinion? There are plenty of legitimate questions to be asked about Wiz''s integrity and intentions, but he was right when he said that beating West Ham could relegate us. It bought Hughton time, at the time when we ideally needed to sack him. That West Ham win saved Hughton his job, and now the boat has sailed, the best candidates have alternative employment and the transfer window is ticking away. Wiz called that one correctly.[/quote]

Of course he was right. As he pointed out, more than once, when did he ever slag off a good and successful manager such as Lambert. Hughton has been the wrong choice for NCFC from day one. He should have been sacked last April or May.

This is where we enter dangerous territory, hoping we lose matches in order to force change.

While I would never do that, I remember feeling the same about the West Ham and coming away from that game feeling that it was a somewhat hollow victory.

He should have gone after the Man City game anyway, Hughton shouldn''t have got the West Ham game anyway, we were going through the motions in another lackluster dismal performance ready to lose, even after half time, we were saved by a fortunate penalty.

He should have definitely gone after the Fulham game though, that was the biggest mistake by the board.

"or alternatively, we could act like adults, learn from this and make this a place to discuss NCFC as opposed to battle our egos"

I''m giving credit to a fellow poster who often gets flak for what he contributes, for making a correct observation. I''m showing that I read and remembered his contribution too. Surely that is a good example of kinship with fellow Norwich fans?

When did we get relegated? Have I missed something...?

When did we all give up? Let''s hope some of the players have a bit more pride and fire in their bellies than some of you lily-livered lot!!!

Hope...

[quote user="Fergodsake"]or alternatively, we could act like adults, learn from this and make this a place to discuss NCFC as opposed to battle our egos.
[/quote]

Now there is a sensible idea. Sadly I can''t see it happening, though. Internet forums bring out the worst side of human nature.

[quote user="Le Juge"]

That West Ham win saved Hughton his job, [/quote]there is no evidence whatsoever to support this wild assumption and for that reason.... I''m out!!

Apparently the Wiz was right presumably regarding CH this season, said the same at beginning of last season. But changed his tune during 10 match unbeaten run and said he was wrong about CH.

I he were to be consistent re CH you could say he was right. Changes his views so much that he will always be right whatever.

The bloke is still a plank.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]The word in asterisks was S.LAG (off). I never knew that it was a blasphemous or unacceptable word in this context. I still believe it isn''t.[/quote]

That was Godfrey Bloom''s argument!

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

He was spot on unlike LDC, Ricardo and Morty.

They should own up.

[/quote]Own up to what?That a managers job rests on the results he getsYes I''ll happily own up to that.[Y]

How utterly daft by Le Judge yet again! It''s January - we''re not in the relegation zone today, are we? Those 3 points could keep us up, if we lost that game, it could have been the one to send us down. Be careful what you s0dding well wish for!!! It proves what stupid logic and nonsense you come out with time and time again. Now jog on back to class.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="mrs miggins"]sorry how was wiz right when he said beating west ham will relegate us?[/quote]
He said actually said could.  
[/quote]

oh sorry, he said could.....thats not really much of a statement then

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="mrs miggins"]sorry how was wiz right when he said beating west ham will relegate us?[/quote]
He said actually said could.  
[/quote]

oh sorry, he said could.....thats not really much of a statement then[/quote]
True it wasn''t. And loads of posters got their knickers in a twist over it.  Basically over what they thought they''d read.  Not what was actually written.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

They should own up.

[/quote]

Hell will freeze over before these arch apologists accept they were wrong. I hope they realise how they are their ilk have got the club into this state of affairs by not supporting the agenda for a change of manager much sooner.

I can smell the Messiahs return just round the corner

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

They should own up.

[/quote]

Hell will freeze over before these arch apologists accept they were wrong. I hope they realise how they are their ilk have got the club into this state of affairs by not supporting the agenda for a change of manager much sooner.

I can smell the Messiahs return just round the corner[/quote]that''s not his return that''s the steaming pile of doo doo that Villa have become under his tenure.

"the steaming pile of doo doo that Villa have become under his tenure"

He has cut the wage bill by about £2m (according to Villa fans) a month and is improving their league position.

Is doing a good job considering his remit. They still have about 5 or 6 deadwood players on huge contracts left to shift. Stephen Ireland is one.

Shay Given is 37 and yet has 2 and half years left on his £50k a week contract.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]sorry how was wiz right when he said beating west ham will relegate us?[/quote]

I think you get a greater perspective on things watching the game without the incumberrance of roofs interupting the cosmic waves ...... that glide towards you as you sit in the Wensum Stand and gaze towards the cathedralWaves that foretold of our imminent bankruptcy and Holt''s three month injurythat Bowkett was lying and Delia was making off with money ...... knowledge that nobody else hadall these pearls of wisdom that fly through the ether ...... as do the subtitles from Radio Norfolk

"Kick it off throw it in "............. go the hands as they furiously sign the words of our club song''ah, the 1958 cup run zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ''