Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Swedish Grant Holt

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Simple question.... Elmander or Holt!!

Would rather have Big Grant Holt any day over Flop Elmander!!

[/quote]

in what way is Elmander a flop?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]in what way is Elmander a flop?[/quote]0 goals in 17 games is hardly a statistic that you''d associate with a top striker is it?Maybe it''s his 68% pass success rate in a supporting role that''s impressing you? or is it his superb ratio of less than 1 shot per game that gets you excited Jas???In what way would you consider him a success (especially when he''s performed worse than the guy he was brought in to replace who many said was past it anyway!)...?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Indy why not let me know how mnay league goals Hooper has scored without Elmander on the pitch?[/quote]Why not ask how many goals Hooper has scored without Olsson on the pitch...I guess nobody else could have provided Hooper with assists though could they...oh hang on, he''s had two others (from Hoolahan and Fer IIRC) hasn''t he?I don''t disagree that 60% of Hooper''s five goals have come from an assist by Elmander, but if all we''ve really got out of the guy is three assists in 17 games, it''s not exactly the stuff of legend is it?Holt had already scored 4 goals with 2 assists by the time he''d hit 17 games last season (and we thought that was underperforming), yet Elmander does far less than this and somehow he''s better than Holt...ahem...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Simple question.... Elmander or Holt!!

Would rather have Big Grant Holt any day over Flop Elmander!!

[/quote]

in what way is Elmander a flop?[/quote]

In what way is he a success.

As has been pointed out Holt had a much better record last season and I think you were very loud about getting rid

If GH had still been here, and had been given as much match time as Elmander, he would have scored more goals than Elmander. It''s an absolute certainty.

Elmander is too hot and cold. Well, mostly cold. Bad signing.He''s more like the Swedish Emile Heskey tbh.

Not a goal scorer but a good support striker. Yes 3 assists this season isn''t great but we''ve scored naff all goals so it''s hardly going to be a high number

None of the forwards this season have carried the threat that Holt did - even the not-so-good Holt of last season.

Obviously the service has been lacking but none of them cause the problems he did, even taking that lack of service into consideration.

In 17 games I''ve seen elmander play well for 5 minuets of them away at stoke, for a big lad he doesn''t win many headers Yeah he has a few assist but how you can call him chesting the ball down 25 yards out as an assist is beyond me

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Indy why not let me know how mnay league goals Hooper has scored without Elmander on the pitch?[/quote]Why not ask how many goals Hooper has scored without Olsson on the pitch...I guess nobody else could have provided Hooper with assists though could they...oh hang on, he''s had two others (from Hoolahan and Fer IIRC) hasn''t he?I don''t disagree that 60% of Hooper''s five goals have come from an assist by Elmander, but if all we''ve really got out of the guy is three assists in 17 games, it''s not exactly the stuff of legend is it?Holt had already scored 4 goals with 2 assists by the time he''d hit 17 games last season (and we thought that was underperforming), yet Elmander does far less than this and somehow he''s better than Holt...ahem...[/quote]

I didn''t know he''d assisted more than the one super goal to be honest.

But Hooper hasn''t looked half as effective in his three recent starts withouth Elmander. Elmander is doing a job that transcends stats, or it''s just a coincidence Hooper hasn''t found half as much space and done very little, and not scored.

What an insult to Holt, not in the same league IMO, overrated lump who is made to look half decent by Zlatan when on international duty.

I agree with 2 up top Elmander does create space for Hooper but that''s about all he does, creates space. (Waste of space in my book).

Said form day 1 what a poor signing even on loan he was, what is he costing us over this season with fees and wages?

The worste striker ever, even worse than big Dave Stirhaka, who did manage to score and earn 3 points for us once.

Nice one Jas, missed any reference to RVW in here, nice of you to point it out.

Elmander is awful. Waste of wages and game time. I would rather blood Carlton Morris to be honest.

In fact if I am totally honest I would rather have Carlton Palmer up front!!!!!