Sign in to follow this  
The DugOut

Next NCFC Manager List and Odds

Bielsa would be way too big a risk. I think a Lambert-style appointment might be the best bet – young and hungry. Steven Pressley, Sean Dyche, Uwe Rösler, Karl Robinson or Eddie Howe, someone of that ilk.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Surprised Sven Goran Eriksson isnt on that list - he seems to be linked with every vacancy going. Getting him would be ''a learning experience''. Think id prefer it to the Glenn Hoddle ''situation'' though...[/quote]

So many people seem to let ''that'' quote about disabled people cloud their judgement about Hoddle. England played some of their best football since 1990 under Hoddle, and he''s an outstanding tactician. Not convinced he''d make a good number-one as he''s been out of the game too long, but in an advisory role with a young manager he could be outstanding.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Surprised Sven Goran Eriksson isnt on that list - he seems to be linked with every vacancy going. Getting him would be ''a learning experience''. Think id prefer it to the Glenn Hoddle ''situation'' though...[/quote]

So many people seem to let ''that'' quote about disabled people cloud their judgement about Hoddle. England played some of their best football since 1990 under Hoddle, and he''s an outstanding tactician. Not convinced he''d make a good number-one as he''s been out of the game too long, but in an advisory role with a young manager he could be outstanding.[/quote]

Actually I was trying to reference the fact that Glenn Hoddle once said ''situation'' 14 times in an interview whilst England manager, as Baddiel and Skinner once famously ridiculed him for. His comments about disabled people were offensive, but he''s entitled to his beliefs. He''s no more wrong about religion than 95% of the planet

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Surprised Sven Goran Eriksson isnt on that list - he seems to be linked with every vacancy going. Getting him would be ''a learning experience''. Think id prefer it to the Glenn Hoddle ''situation'' though...[/quote]

So many people seem to let ''that'' quote about disabled people cloud their judgement about Hoddle. England played some of their best football since 1990 under Hoddle, and he''s an outstanding tactician. Not convinced he''d make a good number-one as he''s been out of the game too long, but in an advisory role with a young manager he could be outstanding.[/quote]

Actually I was trying to reference the fact that Glenn Hoddle once said ''situation'' 14 times in an interview whilst England manager, as Baddiel and Skinner once famously ridiculed him for. His comments about disabled people were offensive, but he''s entitled to his beliefs. He''s no more wrong about religion than 95% of the planet[/quote]

Oh yeah I remember that now! And FWIW I agree about religion, but that''s a kettle of fish I really don''t want to open... ;)

This also reminded me of the Nigel Worthington ''sit-yee-ay-shun''...

Mancini....Maradona...Benitez...Klinsmann!Who the hell put those names on the list as realistic options (even if the odds suggest it''s not going to happen)????Saying that...Worthy...Beckham...Fowler - Now they had me in stitches [:D]Makes me wonder why Mike Walker isn''t being listed as well if we''re going to be totally silly!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Bielsa would be way too big a risk. I think a Lambert-style appointment might be the best bet – young and hungry. Steven Pressley, Sean Dyche, Uwe Rösler, Karl Robinson or Eddie Howe, someone of that ilk.[/quote]

would not want any of them, might as well stick with Hughton, Prem different ball game even Holloway said that, you need someone high profile with great knowledge of world football and big contacts global, i mean Howe could not cut it at Burnley to be fair, they are what they are young up and coming but ready for prem not imo.

[quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Bielsa would be way too big a risk. I think a Lambert-style appointment might be the best bet – young and hungry. Steven Pressley, Sean Dyche, Uwe Rösler, Karl Robinson or Eddie Howe, someone of that ilk.[/quote]

would not want any of them, might as well stick with Hughton, Prem different ball game even Holloway said that, you need someone high profile with great knowledge of world football and big contacts global, i mean Howe could not cut it at Burnley to be fair, they are what they are young up and coming but ready for prem not imo.[/quote]

Fair comment – Lambert took us up from League One, so he doesn''t really count. Maybe someone of the Pochettino/Pepe Mel mould, perhaps? Really don''t think Malky, Zola, Phelan or Di Matteo are the answer, and I wouldn''t want Neil Lennon anywhere near our club. Bielsa would be a colossal risk, but at least it''d be entertaining!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Bielsa would be way too big a risk. I think a Lambert-style appointment might be the best bet – young and hungry. Steven Pressley, Sean Dyche, Uwe Rösler, Karl Robinson or Eddie Howe, someone of that ilk.[/quote]

would not want any of them, might as well stick with Hughton, Prem different ball game even Holloway said that, you need someone high profile with great knowledge of world football and big contacts global, i mean Howe could not cut it at Burnley to be fair, they are what they are young up and coming but ready for prem not imo.[/quote]

Fair comment – Lambert took us up from League One, so he doesn''t really count. Maybe someone of the Pochettino/Pepe Mel mould, perhaps? Really don''t think Malky, Zola, Phelan or Di Matteo are the answer, and I wouldn''t want Neil Lennon anywhere near our club. Bielsa would be a colossal risk, but at least it''d be entertaining![/quote]

Why all the hate for Lennon, is it based on his managerial skills, or his character as i quite like the guy and would not be gutted if he came here, Same as Hoddle, i dont care what his beliefs are if he eccentric, or a bit weird, he has great football Knowledge has one of the best win percentage of any England manager, runs seminars all over Europe and the world so has great contacts, things needed for the prem, imo.

What we need right now is a manager who can turn a team around, get the players to forget whats happened and focus on the future, my choice would be Hyde manager Scott McNiven, he''s got a track record of breaking losing streaks.

I think Bergkamp would be a good shout, might fancy us as a step towards Arsene Wengers job in future, plus will not have the worry of flying to European Games!!!

Sami Hyypia would also be another but at a big club in Champions League so would depend on whether he wanted to move back to England.

Both unlikely but nice to hold out hope!

[quote user="rowdyman"]Why all the hate for Lennon, is it based on his managerial skills, or his character as i quite like the guy and would not be gutted if he came here, Same as Hoddle, i dont care what his beliefs are if he eccentric, or a bit weird, he has great football Knowledge has one of the best win percentage of any England manager, runs seminars all over Europe and the world so has great contacts, things needed for the prem, imo.[/quote]

I just can''t stand him – spiteful and aggressive bloke, nasty piece of work. Yes he''s done well at Celtic, but who wouldn''t? Also he''s never coached or managed in England before, and as such is another unknown quantity.