Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Caution! Potential accusations of trolling possible!

But this time I don''t care.  Please would all the doom and gloom merchants please go and support someone else.  I''ve had enough of it.   We need to be positive and stop all the "cautious Chris" nonsense.   The pessimism and negativity that surrounds this board is just that. Pessimistic and negative.  Its getting boring and if you look at where we are, the state of the league and the story of our matches you will actually see a different picture.

Apart from the Fulham game which was disappointing - we don''t have that much to complain about in recent weeks.   Away points picked up, some decent performances and we create chances - and the main complaint last season was that we didn''t create chances in matches.  Well we''ve done that recently, and since the Liverpool match things have improved generally defence wise too.  

So look at what is really happening, not what you imagine is happening, get positive and stop being so bl***y gloomy!! All it needs is a goal or two and things will look a lot better, so for goodness sake - cheer the f***  up!!

Fulham poor.

Man united for 20 mins was good. Apart from that we lost against the poorest united team in years.

Palace, oh yeah. The weather.

Sunderland, didn''t turn up second half.

Swansea, after their midweek exertions, were there for the taking.

Yep. Alright in recent weeks. No win in 5.

But ill be all happy from now on LDC so that I don''t have to support another team.

Look at me everyone, look at me, me, me, I''m so important, me, me, MMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a message board you "big girls blouse"!

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Who put you in charge?

Exactly City. I don''t like posts that tell you what to do or think![/quote]Me too. Perhaps we can put this aberration by Lakey down to a heavy night on the old lemonades last evening, as he''s not usually one to come out with that sort of garbage. One or two others of the usual suspects who are regular "holier than thou" merchants, maybe,but not usually LDC.When he reads it back later, he''ll be embarassed.

Seriously LDC?

You can''t tell people to go support another club because you don''t agree with them. Most people have something they use to moan about a lot, use as some sort of cathartic release. If someone wants to spend their time and money watching this club and then worry and complain about it, that''s up to them.

People are people. You might as well just remove all reference to football and your point would still be the same. But unless you think you can change seven billion people, I''d give up....

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Look at me everyone, look at me, me, me, I''m so important, me, me, MMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a message board you "big girls blouse"![/quote]I''m just "venting" which is what the angry brigade do, so I''m told.  Apparently, you''re supposed to let people vent their anger on here. Well, I''m angry too. So stick that up your brazier/y fronts*  *delete where applicable.

Having got up early to get to this cr@p hole if we don''t win today I will be on here when I get home moaning like a b@tch and calling for his sacking!

That is my right my plastic friend

I''ve supported this Club for over 55 years & I can say what I like. If things were as good as you think they are then I''d say so. I see what I see and comment accordingly and I cannot simply post positive stuff just to please others.You can change your wife but you can''t change your football team.

What is "really happening" is our club being in relegation form for a full year. You being happy with that, and your policy that anyone with a different opinion to yours should go support someone else, should be your problem and nobody else''s.

Voice your opinions by all means, though I am certain posts like this reduce their weight somewhat, but don''t tell people what to do. If you need to ''vent'' there are helplines available.

"Please would all the doom and gloom merchants please go and support

someone else.  I''ve had enough of it.   We need to be positive and stop

all the "cautious Chris" nonsense.   The pessimism and negativity that

surrounds this board is just that. Pessimistic and negative"
For once I agreeThe ''ever so ''umble seem to have morphed into the forelock tugging apologistsDire football and limited ambition seem to descend on the board with a regularity of George Best hitting the barThe moment the optimists put up anything positive .. that the team are capable of playing attacking football - we get deluged with the doom and gloom merchants telling us we should be grateful of what we have got. We should accept this, we are wrong to expect better.So in an agreement with LDC keep your head up, believe in a better future and recognise that the cautious and incompetent Chris will eventually be gone ... and most likely the doom and gloom merchants with him as well, if they can get off their collective knees

Actually LDC, the sickening levels of positivity in the face of the c**p we''ve been served up for the last 18 months is far more irritating than posters expressing their honest concern about the football we are playing.At times you''re like the happy little lamb on it''s way to the slaughterhouse, and even when you see the butcher ready with his cleaver to end it all for you, you''d still be blithely grinning away and telling all the other little lamb''s that it''s going to be fine and they just have to trust the farmer...I''d much rather be happy and positive about things as well (don''t you think that most of us would?), but if there''s something I''m not happy with or a situation I really don''t agree with or understand then I''ll voice my opinion, and in no way should this prompt suggestions that I and other likewise minded individuals should go support another club for failing to share your incessant willingness to look past the rubbish that''s staring you straight between the eyes!Hughton is a manager that may well have the ability to keep us up on a consistent basis, but if he''s going to do it each time by playing diabolical football that virtually no-one can enjoy, then he can stuff it where the sun doesn''t shine IMHO, and I''d much rather we had someone in charge that presents more of a ''risk'' if we can go back to playing football that is good to watch and offers genuine excitement, instead of the turgid guff we''re consistently playing under the current manager...PS, I''m guessing you''re still sat there with a smug grin on your face, completely ignoring any genuinely valid points that may impact even slightly on the happy, joy-joy world that plays out in your mind (as against what''s actually happening on the pitch)...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Actually LDC, the sickening levels of positivity in the face of the c**p we''ve been served up for the last 18 months is far more irritating than posters expressing their honest concern about the football we are playing. At times you''re like the happy little lamb on it''s way to the slaughterhouse, and even when you see the butcher ready with his cleaver to end it all for you, you''d still be blithely grinning away and telling all the other little lamb''s that it''s going to be fine and they just have to trust the farmer...I''d much rather be happy and positive about things as well (don''t you think that most of us would?), but if there''s something I''m not happy with or a situation I really don''t agree with or understand then I''ll voice my opinion, and in no way should this prompt suggestions that I and other likewise minded individuals should go support another club for failing to share your incessant willingness to look past the rubbish that''s staring you straight between the eyes! Hughton is a manager that may well have the ability to keep us up on a consistent basis, but if he''s going to do it each time by playing diabolical football that virtually no-one can enjoy, then he can stuff it where the sun doesn''t shine IMHO, and I''d much rather we had someone in charge that presents more of a ''risk'' if we can go back to playing football that is good to watch and offers genuine excitement, instead of the turgid guff we''re consistently playing under the current manager... PS, I''m guessing you''re still sat there with a smug grin on your face, completely ignoring any genuinely valid points that may impact even slightly on the happy, joy-joy world that plays out in your mind (as against what''s actually happening on the pitch)...[/quote]

Well, I''d agree with some of that if I had said I was happy with the way things are.   I didn''t say that.  I never said I was happy.  I described what is actually happening.  Picking up points, one poor display against Fulham,  more chances being created than in games last season, a goal scorer that scores (Hooper).   The doom and gloom that prompted me to write this thread are because people are stuck.  Stuck in a mindset that doesn''t move.  I''ve changed my position over this season - according  to what happens on the pitch.   I went through a stage of thinking, no, enough is enough, but as things have recovered and our defence looks more solid and we are creating more chances, I can see that players are still focused and believing. That means the manager is still up for the job and the players are responding.  So you have to adapt your views to what is happening.  I just don''t think some people do that.

[quote user="lake district canary"]for goodness sake - cheer the f***  up!![/quote]You''re right LDC. No more...We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]From now on I''m going with...We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:D] [:D] [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"].  I''ve changed my position over this season - according  to what happens on the pitch.   I went through a stage of thinking, no, enough is enough, .  So you have to adapt your views to what is happening.  I just don''t think some people do that.

[/quote]Sorry, don''t buy that at all, Lakey. I challenge to to provide me with one shred of evidence that at any time you''ve come on here and said "enough is enough. /Time for a change etc etc"You have not adapted your views one iota.

Agree with the OP

Given the choice of spending five minutes in a phonebox with a rabid baboon or one of these Hughton out negative types I''d take my chance with the monkey.

I''d rather be torn limb from limb than bored to death by an agitated ex pat, a relic who''s answer to everything is "I''ve been supporting Norwich for x years" or a brainwashed yoof who''s annoyed we aren''t playing like we do on FIFA 14.

Yeah blud but akswer me dis, I got Norwich to da champions league in 2 seasons, way can''t houghton?