Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

What happened to our Chief Exec with the balls of steal?

I hope they don''t do that Glovey. I wouldn''t want them to be bogged down by such a statement. By saying nothing all their options are still open. You either trust them or you don''t. If it''s the latter then your problem is no longer Hughton.

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2014-01-06 9:59 PM:

Do you think he''s maybe a bit busy just now?

Maybe stop panicking and let him get on with his job?

Well for getting in excess of 1 million a year, he ought to be seen to be doing something - cos he doesn''t appear to have done too much just lately.![/quote]Do you want a live webcam feed in his office? So you can ring him up and bark at him if he''s not looking productive?

Hughton says we don''t want to let our best players leave.

Hughton says we want to add to the squad.

Hughton says this.

Hughton says that.

Hughton thanks board for backing him.

The fans only here this stuff through Hughton. There is no voice from the board, we here what they think through the manager.

He is a football manager, they are supposed to be running the club and overseeing strategy and finance.

Would just be nice to hear some of this from a board member, preferably McNally or Bowkett.

There is a disconnect between the board and using the manager as their voice is a bizarre situation considering that he has been in the firing line.

Doing so no doubt helps deflect any blame from them.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Hughton says we don''t want to let our best players leave.

Hughton says this.

Hughton says that.

The fans only here this stuff through Hughton. There is no voice from the board, we here what they think through the manager.

He is a football manager, they are supposed to be running the club and overseeing strategy and finance.

Would just be nice to hear some of this from a board member, preferably McNally or Bowkett.

There is a disconnect between the board and using the manager as their voice is a bizarre situation considering that he has been in the firing line.

Doing so no doubt helps deflect any blame from them.[/quote]What do you want to know?Do you see board members from other clubs regularly communicating in the way you desire?

I think what wound some fans up was when he put on twitter after a win " my twitter is quiet today ! " which is fair enough but were is he now that we are not doing so well and there is pressure from some fans with a lot more questions we cannot contact him so easy for his views

for the record I believe he is doing the right thing , I just hope that hughton is torn into and made aware of the results and style of play is not good enough for Norwich city football club behind closed doors not on twitter !

"You people must have someone to blame"

The people who put up and shut up when they see our club going backwards had a lot to answer for during the Grant, Roeder and Gunn days which saw our eventual slip into League One.

There are some experienced posters on here who praised the appointment of Roeder, were still backing Roeder in the weeks leading up to his sacking, were insistent that Huckerby leaving was right for the club, supported the permanent appointment of Gunn, and even some who backed Doncaster up to his final day.

They know who they are. Is cringeworthy watching those same people trying to suppress those have the vision and foresight to see that we are going backwards and not forwards.

You do realise that expressing opinions, whether they be dumb or not, actually have no bearing whatsoever on what actually happens at our football club?Are you branding yourself as some kind of visionary?[:D]

[quote user="Le Juge"]Hughton says we don''t want to let our best players leave.

Hughton says this.

Hughton says that.

Doing so no doubt helps deflect any blame from them.[/quote]

You don''t think Hughtons kidnapped the board do you? Magpie we should call the police?

I bet Le Juge hangs around the disabled parking bays in Supermarkets checking whether the drivers appear disabled or not. If they appear too mobile he probably follows them around tut-tutting under his breath.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"You people must have someone to blame"

The people who put up and shut up when they see our club going backwards had a lot to answer for during the Grant, Roeder and Gunn days which saw our eventual slip into League One.

There are some experienced posters on here who praised the appointment of Roeder, were still backing Roeder in the weeks leading up to his sacking, were insistent that Huckerby leaving was right for the club, supported the permanent appointment of Gunn, and even some who backed Doncaster up to his final day.

They know who they are. Is cringeworthy watching those same people trying to suppress those have the vision and foresight to see that we are going backwards and not forwards.[/quote]

FFS Juggy. What is it you need to have people to blame for? We''re 3 points from top half of the PL. We could have our most succesful season for over 20 years. And you''re trying to liken it to our relegation to league one in 2009.

And who are these posters you speak of. Let''s have a few names and posts.

Another way to look at it is that we are 3 points away from the relegation zone after more than half a season played.

We are in no way on course to have a season even as successful as last year.

1 point per game Nutty, 1 point per game.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Another way to look at it is that we are 3 points away from the relegation zone after more than half a season played.

We are in no way on course to have a season even as successful as last year.

1 point per game Nutty, 1 point per game.[/quote]

Last season at this time we were also 3 points off top half...

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Give it up Juge they will be smiling all the way back to league 1.[/quote]Even by your standards KG, thats moronic...

If you''re right then we need protests against the board before that happens Glovey...

But is that what you really think or have you just lost it[:^)]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Give it up Juge they will be smiling all the way back to league 1.[/quote]

Dear oh Dear, you''re way beyond my help KG.

I have no idea if we will end up back in league 1or in Championship no mans land like the lot down the road. or somehow continue to deliver the bare minimum required to be the 4th worst team in the premier league.

But the one thing I am completely sure of is that Nutty, LDC and Morty will think everything remains completely perfect.

If we do not find a way to play better football than we have under Hughton so far there''s no reason to be in the premier league.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I have no idea if we will end up back in league 1or in Championship no mans land like the lot down the road. or somehow continue to deliver the bare minimum required to be the 4th worst team in the premier league.

But the one thing I am completely sure of is that Nutty, LDC and Morty will think everything remains completely perfect.

If we do not find a way to play better football than we have under Hughton so far there''s no reason to be in the premier league.[/quote]

I hesitate to advocate drugs or alcoholBut they''ve always worked for me.[:D]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I have no idea if we will end up back in league 1or in Championship no mans land like the lot down the road. or somehow continue to deliver the bare minimum required to be the 4th worst team in the premier league.

If we do not find a way to play better football than we have under Hughton so far there''s no reason to be in the premier league.[/quote]Oh dear[:D]

Ach, that awkward moment when someone is trying to be funny, and they miss completely.[:(]

If we do not find a way to play better football than we have under Hughton so far there''s no reason to be in the premier league.[/quote]

Glovey, you''ve definitely lost the plot. We have finished 12th, 11th and are currently 3 points off 10th in the premier league. If you don''t like it then say so. But don''t make up stuff about being the 4th worst team, the championship, league one or the binners. If you''re beyond help stop trying to make everyone else miserable...

Did you enjoy the game Saturday?

Trust me, he is very busy. He also has more time getting on with football matters rather than replying to the pant wetters tweets about the tea in the ground too hot and wrong soap in the loos.

Best CEO I know and also a top guy away from football.

[quote user="ricardo"]An announcement backing CH would be the kiss of death.That''s why you haven''t heard one.[;)][/quote]Damn!Here''s to hoping... [:D]

My first City game was in 1974 so I''ve seen a few ups and downs. I don''t ever want to be back in League 1 again hoping for another miracle. While I might put things in a different way I don''t believe Hughton is taking this club forward and I do fear that his approach is causing us to be in a weaker position than we should be. We have one of the best squads I can ever remember yet I feel less excited going to games now than I did when John Bond or Ken Brown were in charge when we were largely made up of home grown lads and a few add-ons sometimes slightly past their best.

As to McNally I hope that he also sees the underachievement, and while we are not at the foot of the table we are swimming with a peer group who have some pretty significant internal issues. We should be capable of more than that right now- I firmly believe that if someone could get our first team gelling well we could be a very serious force in this league, like Southampton and Swansea are now in the upper middle reaches.

The lack of public announcements I take (looking positively at it) as a distancing from the management team should action be necessary. I would be staggered if they had not discussed Hughton''s future at least once this season and equally so if there is no back up plan. But they won''t go public on this as any destabilisation could make the situation worse and create a crisis rather than a small drama.