Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

What happened to our Chief Exec with the balls of steal?

Why has he become anonymous, almost as if he is hiding.

Always thought he was a man of steel who could face down anything and everything. Can''t remember hearing a peep out of him since the accounts were revealed, apart from the AGM in front of a select few.

No backing Hughton, no tough words, no reassurances, no clarification on ambition.

Tell me.... he came on board with a clear and precise plan of action, which was executed perfectly, we were probably the most ambitious club in the country at the time - rivalled perhaps only by Swansea.

What is the plan now? What target has he set himself? This season? Next season? The Five year plan?

"avoid relegation", is that it? If it was then Pulis would have been the man.

Seeing as we didn''t jump at the opportunity to bring in Pulis then there must be something else, a footballing philosophy?

If so what is that philosophy and how does Hughton fit in with it?

So many unanswered questions. How does he expect fans to buy into whatever it is that he is selling if we don''t know what it is?

Our club has nothing to cling on to but 17th at the moment, we need a direction and an identity, and we can start by our CEO finding his balls again and getting back on twitter or back in front of the fans again in some capacity instead of hiding in his ivory tower can''t we?

Do you think he''s maybe a bit busy just now?Maybe stop panicking and let him get on with his job?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Been a bit busy for six months hasn''t he Morty.

Busy doing what though?[/quote]Mail him and ask him, if it bothers you that much.Do you want him to come round your house and cuddle you, telling you everything will be alright?

I''m actually very happy that he isnt on Twitter or in the media spouting some insincere or spun statements, giving the Manager his backing or whatever.........my view is he is being particularly professional right now and will, as many of us are sure, make the right decision at the right time for the good of our great club, all backed up by actually KNOWING the bigger picture and understanding exactly where the club is against it''s long term plan and how it will achieve going forward...

"all backed up by actually KNOWING the bigger picture and understanding exactly where the club is against it''s long term plan"

That''s all well and good, but do you know what the long term plan is? I don''t.

Why can''t the fans be privy to those plans, how would an explanation impact on his ability to remain professional?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"all backed up by actually KNOWING the bigger picture and understanding exactly where the club is against it''s long term plan"

That''s all well and good, but do you know what the long term plan is? I don''t.

Why can''t the fans be privy to those plans, how would an explanation impact on his ability to remain professional?[/quote]What do you want to know?Transfer plans - none of your business.Plans for the club - Remain in the Premiership, become an established team, and hopefully progress.Happy to help[Y]

I am sometimes (well, quite often really) amazed at the self importance of some posters on here. Give me a keyboard and I can run the club. It doesn''t work that way, I''m afraid. McNally has more important things to do and what he does he does well. If he thought there was a problem, you''d know about it.

[quote user="Le Juge"]

No backing Hughton, no tough words, no reassurances, no clarification on ambition. [/quote]

An announcement backing CH would be the kiss of death.That''s why you haven''t heard one.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Le Juge"]Been a bit busy for six months hasn''t he Morty.

Busy doing what though?[/quote]Mail him and ask him, if it bothers you that much.Do you want him to come round your house and cuddle you, telling you everything will be alright?[/quote][:D]

Le Juge wrote:

No backing Hughton, no tough words, no reassurances, no clarification on ambition.

They are backing him though aren''t they? He has overseen some of the worst performances and results possible but still remains in an apparent safe job. I would call that backing. We need to accept that he is going nowhere and move on now.

Don''t be silly Le Juge. What you are asking for is leadership continuity with positive PR.

Stupid boy, be instructed by the more intelligent on this board for goodness sake!

[quote user="Le Juge"]do you know what the long term plan is? I don''t. ?[/quote]

Yes we heard it at the AGM. Continuous improvement on and off the field, remain part of the local community, put money into local projects for the disabled, Increase spending on the Academy, employ extra coaches, replace some of the older buildings at Colney, plough all excess money back into football, strive to remain part of the Premier League, plans in place if income dries up etc etc etcAnd thats only what I can remember off the top of my head, there''s loads more if you look.

I think this is called the Feet of Clay Syndrome. McNally had an extended honeymoon of years of over-praise and now is in danger of being unfairly criticised.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Le Juge"]do you know what the long term plan is? I don''t. ?[/quote]

Yes we heard it at the AGM. Continuous improvement on and off the field, remain part of the local community, put money into local projects for the disabled, Increase spending on the Academy, employ extra coaches, replace some of the older buildings at Colney, plough all excess money back into football, strive to remain part of the Premier League, plans in place if income dries up etc etc etcAnd thats only what I can remember off the top of my head, there''s loads more if you look.[/quote]Yeah but, apart from that Ricky, what about the really serious issues like.....Will Fox and Bacchio get a game on Saturday? [;)]

So you want a CEO who doesn''t have "avoid relegation" as a plan and is happy to spend time twittering and answering the fans questions?

Hmmm....Well you''re luck is in, there is such a man.  [img]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55347000/jpg/_55347441_doncaster.jpg[/img]McNally out (and take that hootun with ya) Doomcaster in!!!!

Assuming you meant balls of steel then I would say there is no better way to demonstrate ownership of those than to stay calm, quiet and dignified in a world full of noise and shrill panic.

Dear Le Juge

Don''t waste your breath, I started a thread before the weekend titled "whatever Happened to our wonderful family club" and whilst it went to 8 pages it ended up as just another Hughton Thread.

Nobody seemed to agree with me, its nice that I am not alone in expected more from our board.

I think that it might be possible to bring the separate factions of our support together with a well worded statement from the top, but the silence is deafening.

Glovey.. any statement apart from one confirming Hughton''s sacking will consign you to a season of misery. At least this way you still have hope.....

You know what they say "its the hope that''ll kill ya"

Surely if they came out and said whilst we are disappointed that we are not performing better we have had significant injuries and we remain committed to Chris Hughton who will certainly be our manager for the remainder off the season and hopefully several years to come.

We would all know exactly where we stand and like it or lump it we would have to get used to it.

After all if they don''t get rid of him soon it would be too late anyway, the nightmare would be a January like last year and a new manager without any chance to strengthen the squad.

morty wrote the following post at 2014-01-06 9:59 PM:

Do you think he''s maybe a bit busy just now?

Maybe stop panicking and let him get on with his job?

Well for getting in excess of 1 million a year, he ought to be seen to be doing something - cos he doesn''t appear to have done too much just lately.!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]You know what they say "its the hope that''ll kill ya"

Surely if they came out and said whilst we are disappointed that we are not performing better we have had significant injuries and we remain committed to Chris Hughton who will certainly be our manager for the remainder off the season and hopefully several years to come.

We would all know exactly where we stand and like it or lump it we would have to get used to it.

After all if they don''t get rid of him soon it would be too late anyway, the nightmare would be a January like last year and a new manager without any chance to strengthen the squad.[/quote]Because anyone with even a quarter of a brain can pretty much work that out for themselves.We know exactly where we stand.