Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

Apparently MWJ wants Hughton gone..

...so who is it that is keeping him in a job?

It has come to light on another thread via fan of the year Matt Juler that Mike Wynn-Jones made it quite clear that he wanted Hughton "well gone". I don''t know if Matt or any of the other Capital Canaries can expand further on this but with MWJ firmly in the "out" camp, is he alone on the board with this stream of thought or are the divisions as wide in the boardroom as they are on this message board?

If only we had a supporters group in Norwich as the Capitals seem to have an ear in the boardroom.

I have read claims on other forums from people ''in the know'' that the board have been split on Hughton for some time now. I would imagine Mcnall and Bowkett pro and the rest out would be my guess.

Did he whisper this to Smudger while having a crafty Woodbine outside the Main Stand?

Do you have faith in Hughton to keep us up? Thread.

Following a chat I had with MWJ''s back in April of last year, I''m fairly certain that if he had his say Hughton would have been well gone by then, let alone now!

Is what Matt Juler said.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m confused, is this an anti-Hughton thread, an anti-MJW thread or an anti-Londoner thread?   [*-)]

[/quote]No idea, I''m still trying to work out whether the two questions asked in the original post were hypothetical, rhetorical or actual questions they expected an answer to.

I''m not a hughton in or outer but this must be complete bollox

How many more ways can hughtons name be dragged through the mud?

Blimey, a drive home from work and a game of chinese whispers has been going on!To clarify, at an event due to Delia''s media work I bumped into MWJ at the pre-event drinks.  Myself and my wife were talking to him about the excellent result the previous night for the youth team against Chelsea.  MWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".  He at no point made reference to Hughton, however I interpreted this as implying he was not happy with the style of play we were seeing in our first team games.I''m not trying to imply that I have inside knowledge of the views of MWJ or Delia on the current regime, I merely replied to a thread suggesting that MWJ is possibly not the person making the decisions based on my personal anecdotal evidence.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Blimey, a drive home from work and a game of chinese whispers has been going on!To clarify, at an event due to Delia''s media work I bumped into MWJ at the pre-event drinks.  Myself and my wife were talking to him about the excellent result the previous night for the youth team against Chelsea.  MWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".  He at no point made reference to Hughton, however I interpreted this as implying he was not happy with the style of play we were seeing in our first team games.I''m not trying to imply that I have inside knowledge of the views of MWJ or Delia on the current regime, I merely replied to a thread suggesting that MWJ is possibly not the person making the decisions based on my personal anecdotal evidence.[/quote]

So it''s a load of made up pony.

Thought as much.

Fan of the year my arse.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

MWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking

football at Carrow Road for a change". 

[/quote]

So is what''s quoted what he actually said? Did he actually say "for a

change"? Or are you still making stuff up?

This sort of tripe spoils the forum GPele. There''s a whole range of opinions on here. That''s a good thing. But then people have to make things up to try and back up their POV. And when it''s deliberately mis-quoting the club''s owners that can be harmful. Weve been there before when it was Delia being discredited. Archant wouldn''t get away with doing it. Let''s see if they contact the fan of the year and run the story...

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Be nice if we had a change on this forum...[/quote]

Such as...[/quote]

You can think of any blatantly obvious examples?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Blimey, a drive home from work and a game of chinese whispers has been going on!To clarify, at an event due to Delia''s media work I bumped into MWJ at the pre-event drinks.  Myself and my wife were talking to him about the excellent result the previous night for the youth team against Chelsea.  MWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".  He at no point made reference to Hughton, however I interpreted this as implying he was not happy with the style of play we were seeing in our first team games.I''m not trying to imply that I have inside knowledge of the views of MWJ or Delia on the current regime, I merely replied to a thread suggesting that MWJ is possibly not the person making the decisions based on my personal anecdotal evidence.[/quote]So thisFollowing a chat I had with MWJ''s back in April of last year, I''m fairly

certain that if he had his say Hughton would have been well gone by

then, let alone now!
from the other thread was derived from thisMWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".And you''ve accused the other posters of chinese whispers?

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]To be honest he is only saying what everyone else is saying the difference being he can do something about it![/quote]

That''s the point isn''t it?

Even if the fan of the year who doesn''t go to games anymore has quoted MWJ correctly, it does not follow that MWJ is being critical.

As was pointed out, the fair weather fan of the year is mind reading. Perhaps MWJ thinks the same as me that it would be nice to have more attacking football for a change but very risky and not very practical. If I think that without having a multimillion fortune riding on the success of the season then, it''s perfectly possible he feels the same.

The assumption even on the quote that this is critical of Hughton is a stretch. It is far from the only possible interpretation but the only one that suits the agenda of the leaker.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Matt Juler"]Blimey, a drive home from work and a game of chinese whispers has been going on!To clarify, at an event due to Delia''s media work I bumped into MWJ at the pre-event drinks.  Myself and my wife were talking to him about the excellent result the previous night for the youth team against Chelsea.  MWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".  He at no point made reference to Hughton, however I interpreted this as implying he was not happy with the style of play we were seeing in our first team games.I''m not trying to imply that I have inside knowledge of the views of MWJ or Delia on the current regime, I merely replied to a thread suggesting that MWJ is possibly not the person making the decisions based on my personal anecdotal evidence.[/quote]So thisFollowing a chat I had with MWJ''s back in April of last year, I''m fairly

certain that if he had his say Hughton would have been well gone by

then, let alone now!
from the other thread was derived from thisMWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".And you''ve accused the other posters of chinese whispers?

[/quote]I think I can shed some light on this. When I bumped into Robert Chase outside the Olympic Stadium in Munich and blagged a ticket for the posh seats off him I happened to say:"How about that Chris Hughton then?"And he said:"Who?"

[quote user="Warren Hill"] So it''s a load of made up pony.

Thought as much.

Fan of the year my arse.[/quote]The only made up pony ive read is the original post in here ! You took what Matt said totally out of context and then created a whole thread about your own assumptions and then point the finger at Matt for rumor mongering.You should be ashamed of yourself ! Pretty pathetic all in all.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Maybe some senior posters are upset and envious that they weren''t awarded ''fan of the year''?

[/quote]Ah, the first post in the thread with any truth and substantial factual evidence !