Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

MCNALLY FOR THE AXE

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Rickys Wolfs Winkel"] Maybe people would accept what you say more if you actually backed it up with sources and facts rather than just throwing random statements about board members etc left right and centre.[/quote]

Rule No.1...... Never divulge or expose your source because they will not tell you anything in the future.

[/quote]The trouble with second or third hand information is that it loses its context.  I don''t doubt the sincerity or honesty of what people hear or what information gets passed down the grapevine, whether its first hand, second hand or fifteen hand, without context it doesn''t hold water.  

City 1st is always rabbiting on about sources he trusts.  Well, in any walk of life people talk to each other, complain about work colleagues, bosses etc. It doesn''t mean they are at each others throats.  In a football club like ours lots of people are involved so you will always get bits of tittle tattle that can be spun any way the informer wants to.    Such stuff is best taken with a pinch of salt.

"City 1st is always rabbiting on about sources he trusts"

always ?maybe an example or two from the pats month or sonot much evidence of ''always'' but maybe a start so fire away

I trust everyone who''s "in the know". But then they all contradict eachother. Which is fine because the people they are "in the know" from probably contradict eachother too...

How do you know they are in the knoware you in the know to know that they are in the know ?

Brownie is correct in what he says about the information as to what happened after the villa game. Its something that could get people in very hot water so i certainly won''t be discussing what i''d heard on here.

As for wondering the legitimacy of information i have chosen to share. You have two choices like it or ignore it. If you had any idea about friendship you would understand about keeping people you hold dear out of the firing line should anything come of it. More people read this message board than you think.

He may not be perfect, who is but he is the best we have had for a long long time, people can easily forget the pathetic incompetence of the Doncaster era. Ifind it sad if Mc Nally is applying for other jobs as he holds this club together. I would be interested to know why he wants away ie is he unhappy or does he wantto go to bigger and better

Hannibal. The simplest thing is not to dangle carrots in front of people''s faces. If you are not prepared to share all the info then don''t share any info.

Or in an old fashioned phrase, put up or shut up.

It''s very frustrating when people do it, don''t you know?!

Ok then it is apparent that I amongst others on this thread have ruffled a few feathers and it is obvious that I cannot or will not be in a postion to substantiate what I was told. There are enough disputes going on all over this messageboard with fan against fan which is harmful for the good of our football club. Michael Foulger is an absolute diamond within our club I am sure we all agree and McNally is the same. To put an end to the matter on my behalf I certainly from now on will adopt a stay quiet attitude to what I hear because posting it on here causes animosity and this thread was heading for trouble so I withdraw what I said in it''s entirety. Now maybe we can confine this thread to the bin and let it drift into oblivion.  

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

Will need a new 10 year plan after he takes us back to the Championship for failing to act. No backbone whatsoever! For all the good work he has allegedly done (which really was only appointing Lambert and he done the rest) he quickly undone that failing to keep Lambert and hiring Hughton.

[/quote]

Riiiight. All he did was appoint Lambert? Wow. Absolutely. Clueless.

Appointed Lambert, completely restructured the club while in League 1, increased capacity/revenue, wiped out huge debts, kept a steady ship after Lambert departure, gave us the LOWEST wage to turnover ratio in the league - 49% last year (very very important) made the CORRECT appointement in Hughton at the time because he kept us up, oversaw and managed excellent transfer business last summer to give probably best squad ever and best signings ever...

But yes, all he really did was appoint Lambert. Hilarious.

Yes he faces a new and serious challenge now in deciding what to do with our current situation. But it is every kind of WRONG to say he did nothing for this other than appoint Lambert.

[/quote]A tiny point, but that 49 per cent ratio was for the Lambert season (2011-12) rather than last season, when the ratio was 68 per cent and probably not the lowest in the league.I wouldn''t dream of getting into the subject matter of some of the posts here (mainly because I have no idea and it is probably best not to carry on with specifics) but a general point is that the club is ultimately run by Smith and Jones, and always has been. McNally didn''t need to say that recently to prove it. Not the day to day and perhaps even month to month stuff, but ultimately they control it. They control the major decisons, including appointments to the board and that of chief executive.Unless something odd was to happen they appear to have - if they ever need it - a solid boardroom majority. I am not suggesting there is or has been or will be a boardroom split but it is a fair assumption that Foulger and Fry are loyalists. And to go with their comfortable 52 per cent majority shareholding Foulger (assuming his loyalty) has another 16 per cent.Talking purely theoretically, in the unlikely event of a power struggle I know on whom my money would go.

[quote user="Vanwink"]The people that really are in the know wouldn''t post on here.[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]The people that really are in the know wouldn''t post on here.[/quote][Y][Y][Y][/quote]

Ah morty, how desperately those of you not in the know want to believe that...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]The people that really are in the know wouldn''t post on here.[/quote][Y][Y][Y][/quote]

Ah morty, how desperately those of you not in the know want to believe that...[:P][/quote]I''m in the know about a few things, last place I''d blab it is here.[;)]

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are

known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don''t know. But

there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don''t know we don''t

know......

[:S]

Enjoyed reading this thread, but why drop the bomb and then walk away, you should know better than that......

Whatever happens McNally has done a terrific job for our club, but lets be honest, in all business the time comes for a change and I wouldnt be surprised if that time isnt far away and I''m not in the know at all....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]The people that really are in the know wouldn''t post on here.[/quote][Y][Y][Y][/quote]

Ah morty, how desperately those of you not in the know want to believe that...[:P][/quote]I''m in the know about a few things, last place I''d blab it is here.[;)][/quote]Ah. Saving it all up to impress Fat Nat on your first date![W] I understand, morty. Good strategy...[:O]