Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

MCNALLY FOR THE AXE

Will need a new 10 year plan after he takes us back to the Championship for failing to act. No backbone whatsoever! For all the good work he has allegedly done (which really was only appointing Lambert and he done the rest) he quickly undone that failing to keep Lambert and hiring Hughton.

RuelFox,

I tend to agree with you, insomuch, I think he appointed well when it came to Lambert, but is he the only one who could have done that, no! Other than Lambert''s appoinment, what else has he doen other than cut costs and put up prices, we don''t even have SKY at the club anymore, because he refuses to pay the increased fee, which may have been quite a bit but isn''t that a bit like biting the hand that feeds you?

Some will say he actually completely messed up when it came to Lambert''s departure. He also appears to be quite good at negotiating transfer fees, so on what I have seen, he''s quite good (and even that could be debated) at dealing with the money side of issues and had one positive and one negative on the Lambert front and that is before we start looking at how we judge his performance on dealing with the CH situation.

I think many supporters overrate his ability when it comes to making successful strategic decisions. That''s not to say he isn''t a good man to have around the place when it comes to the financial side of running the club.

I suspect that if we are relegated at the end of the season, and the likelihood increases with every poor game we play, there could be a complete clear-out - Hughton and assistants, McN and Bowkett, and perhaps such a clear-out could delay the selling of players we would want to keep until there is a new manager.

I can''t see Hughton being sacked this month, unless the club has already been in contact with a possible successor, who has in turn decided which player(s) he would like to sign in this window. But it is too late, and it is a matter of battening down the hatches under Hughton and hope that he can somehow induce some fighting commitment from his players.

I think, for this reason, that Hughton and McN are safe for the moment, but they could meet their fate in May.

[quote user="ricardo"]There is absolutely no chance of this happening.
[/quote]

You are right ricardo as he will leave of his own accord as after all he has applied for two other jobs recently.

I would say we have the best board structure we''ve ever had at the club at this present time.What happens on the pitch is beyond their control, the only thing they are able to do is sack and employ the club manager, to change it, which maybe an option.

From what i understand there is a very split boardroom at the moment With McNally on one side and Foulger on there other. This started after PL left and has been brewing for some time. Even with McNally trying to force MF off the board.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]From what i understand there is a very split boardroom at the moment With McNally on one side and Foulger on there other. This started after PL left and has been brewing for some time. Even with McNally trying to force MF off the board.[/quote]

McNally and Foulger have not seen eye to eye for some considerable time.

everyone knew wherwe they stood with Robert Chase

FA cup semi finals, top 5 finishes and Europe...

and yet we forced him out....

hindsight eh?

[quote user="RuelFox"]

Will need a new 10 year plan after he takes us back to the Championship for failing to act. No backbone whatsoever! For all the good work he has allegedly done (which really was only appointing Lambert and he done the rest) he quickly undone that failing to keep Lambert and hiring Hughton.

[/quote]

Riiiight. All he did was appoint Lambert? Wow. Absolutely. Clueless.

Appointed Lambert, completely restructured the club while in League 1, increased capacity/revenue, wiped out huge debts, kept a steady ship after Lambert departure, gave us the LOWEST wage to turnover ratio in the league - 49% last year (very very important) made the CORRECT appointement in Hughton at the time because he kept us up, oversaw and managed excellent transfer business last summer to give probably best squad ever and best signings ever...

But yes, all he really did was appoint Lambert. Hilarious.

Yes he faces a new and serious challenge now in deciding what to do with our current situation. But it is every kind of WRONG to say he did nothing for this other than appoint Lambert.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Hannibal II"]From what i understand there is a very split boardroom at the moment With McNally on one side and Foulger on there other. This started after PL left and has been brewing for some time. Even with McNally trying to force MF off the board.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hang on.

One minute you are weeping and wailing on here because McNally won''t continue the cosy chats and there is no information about whatever it is you actually talked to the Club about. Now you claim intimate knowledge of boardroom politics and McNally''s career aspirations.

I think even a Hendon trainee would be sceptical of that inconsistency in the evidence.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

Riiiight. All he did was appoint Lambert? Wow. Absolutely. Clueless.

Appointed Lambert, completely restructured the club while in League 1, increased capacity/revenue, wiped out huge debts, kept a steady ship after Lambert departure, gave us the LOWEST wage to turnover ratio in the league - 49% last year (very very important) made the CORRECT appointement in Hughton at the time because he kept us up, oversaw and managed excellent transfer business last summer to give probably best squad ever and best signings ever...

But yes, all he really did was appoint Lambert. Hilarious.

Yes he faces a new and serious challenge now in deciding what to do with our current situation. But it is every kind of WRONG to say he did nothing for this other than appoint Lambert.

[/quote]And don''t forget sanitation and the roads.......Or was that the Romans?

"Mr Brownstone"Heard about something that happened at the Villa game last year too.

Care to expand????

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Hang on. One minute you are weeping and wailing on here because McNally won''t continue the cosy chats and there is no information about whatever it is you actually talked to the Club about. Now you claim intimate knowledge of boardroom politics and McNally''s career aspirations. I think even a Hendon trainee would be sceptical of that inconsistency in the evidence.[/quote]

Whatever you have running around your head about ''weeping and wailing'' as you put it what exactly has that got to do with McNally applying for jobs away from Carrow Road or his relationship with Foulger ?

FFS. I know more than you, but I ain''t telling, so there!

If you have info pass it on. It could be interesting. It could be bs.

It could also be libelous if it turns out not to be true, so I''ll keep it to myself if that''s ok.

I wasn''t attempting to come across as "In the know", I was just saying to another poster that I''d also heard what they''d alluded to, or at least what I assume they were alluding to.

I hear there is a board meetiing today, somebody nip down and see if any cars are parked at jaunty angles.

Interseting to see people claiming McNally and Fougler don''t get on, that the boardroom is split, McNally has been applying for other jobs and some other mysterious rumour that no one is prepared to elaborate on.

Rather bold claims to make, especially the one about McNally applying for other jobs.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It could also be libelous if it turns out not to be true, so I''ll keep it to myself if that''s ok.

I wasn''t attempting to come across as "In the know", I was just saying to another poster that I''d also heard what they''d alluded to, or at least what I assume they were alluding to.[/quote]

You''re not going to get sued for posting on the pinkun messageboard.

just post it.

Didn''t he once send the police round to a teenagers house for posting up the link to the new kit on the clubs official website before they''d published the link themselves?

[8]Knock knock knocking on Brownies door....

Matt doesn''t seem to have come to any harm over his claims that MWJ has wanted Hughton out since last season...

Lay off McNally if it wasnt for him we would probably be mid table championship side.

He appointed Lambert and it wasn''t his fault he left, Lambert is disloyal and cared about number 1, we could not offer him the money or transfer fees that an established prem club like villa could.

Hughton was appointed with a fairly decent managerial CV and thee was a lot of good vibes from fans when he was appointed. Last season wasn''t a classic but we still had a decent finishing position. This season Money was given to spend and I think that the reason why some are not performing is hughtons attics you can''t have a striker scoring if he doesn''t get the service. McNally does not pick the side though so this is not his fault. I want Hughton font like many and feel this will happen soon.

McNally has also done a lot of other good things unlike his predecessor who somehow managed to get the top CE job in Scottish football.

Lay off McNally I trust him to do the right thing at the right time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Hang on. One minute you are weeping and wailing on here because McNally won''t continue the cosy chats and there is no information about whatever it is you actually talked to the Club about. Now you claim intimate knowledge of boardroom politics and McNally''s career aspirations. I think even a Hendon trainee would be sceptical of that inconsistency in the evidence.[/quote]

Whatever you have running around your head about ''weeping and wailing'' as you put it what exactly has that got to do with McNally applying for jobs away from Carrow Road or his relationship with Foulger ?

[/quote]

How do you know such intimate things about McNally when you are always whinging that McNally won''t meet with you like the club always did in the good old days? Either you are in the loop or you are not. It is a simple enough question. There is a gaping inconsistency here.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-01-15 12:59 PM:

There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

I dint know where you get such information from Ricardo, but from what I hear, and this was over a month ago, it could be very likely. Your man may be good with finances, -as displayed at Celtic and Fulham, (look at the appointments he made there) but apparently little else, and that is not lost on certain board members who I understand are far from happy at the current situation, and have wanted change fir some time. Yes there is a rift, and it will break soon. It won''t just be Hughton either.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] How do you know such intimate things about McNally when you are always whinging that McNally won''t meet with you like the club always did in the good old days? Either you are in the loop or you are not. It is a simple enough question. There is a gaping inconsistency here.[/quote]

Whatever are you on about as whether McNally talks or not like the good old days as you put it has no bearing or connection with me having information about the McNally job situation or his relationship with Michael Foulger. There are people in this city of ours you know connected to the club, very well connected in fact who talk to both myself and others.I hold what they say to be more than idol chit chat because of their standing within the club. Ok will that do for you ?

This thread is fantastic. We were in League One. McNally and Lambert got us from there to the Premier League. Hughton kept us in the Premier League is most will argue is now struggling. McNally knows what he is doing. Don''t bit the hand that feeds you.

Another point: Maybe people would accept what you say more if you actually backed it up with sources and facts rather than just throwing random statements about board members etc left right and centre.

[quote user="Rickys Wolfs Winkel"] Maybe people would accept what you say more if you actually backed it up with sources and facts rather than just throwing random statements about board members etc left right and centre.[/quote]

Rule No.1...... Never divulge or expose your source because they will not tell you anything in the future.