Sign in to follow this  
Jed Yokel

Marcelo Bielsa will be appointed before Hull

Since the Fulham game (the first one), Mcnally has been in correspondence with Bielsa and other high profile candidates in an attempt to sell the club to them.

Bielsa has been studying our recent games and has agreed to take over when Hughton departs which will be tomorrow most probably.

All he is waiting for is for Hughton to leave and to sign on the dotted line.

The Prog

[quote user="The Prognosticator"]Since the Fulham game (the first one), Mcnally has been in correspondence with Bielsa and other high profile candidates in an attempt to sell the club to them.

Bielsa has been studying our recent games and has agreed to take over when Hughton departs which will be tomorrow most probably.

All he is waiting for is for Hughton to leave and to sign on the dotted line.

The Prog[/quote]God I hope this is true, would be a massive statement, I loved watching Chile play under his leadership. Please let this be true. Pep Guardiola calling him "the best manager in the world" in 2012 will do for me!!

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]We can but dream! Could one enquire about the source of your information and indeed why, if this is true, hughton is still bringing in players?[/quote]This could tie in with the signing the other day???

My source shall have to remain anonymous but I can reveal that Hughton wanted a permanent deal for Gutierrez but with the managerial change if the offing, Mcnally went for a loan deal in case the new man disliked the signing.

I understand that Mcnally spoke to Bielsa, who indicated his approval for Jonas Gutierrez''s arrival, who as a young player was managed by Bielsa at Vélez Sársfield in Argentina. This is why the deal went through.

[quote user="The Prognosticator"]My source shall have to remain anonymous but I can reveal that Hughton wanted a permanent deal for Gutierrez but with the managerial change if the offing, Mcnally went for a loan deal in case the new man disliked the signing.

I understand that Mcnally spoke to Bielsa, who indicated his approval for Jonas Gutierrez''s arrival, who as a young player was managed by Bielsa at Vélez Sársfield in Argentina. This is why the deal went through.[/quote]
Sorry but no way someone would entrust you with all this info if they thought you were the sort of person that would blab it on an internet forum. 

Gutierrez joined Velez Sarsfield in 1999 as a 15 year old youth player, while Bielsa left in 1998. Please make your ITK attempts either more accurate or more vague next time.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Gutierrez joined Velez Sarsfield in 1999 as a 15 year old youth player, while Bielsa left in 1998. Please make your ITK attempts either more accurate or more vague next time.[/quote]

Yep, I was about to say this. They were''nt at Velez at the same time. Had a decent try though.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The first part is definitely true. Lets hope the 2ns is too[/quote]
Hmmmm CUSDP is normally bang on with his info. If the board have been sounding out replacements then surely only a matter of time...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well he''s still 16-1... time for a bet?[/quote]
If the above was true.  Somebody would''ve lumped on by now.  And the odds would be tumbling.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well he''s still 16-1... time for a bet?[/quote]
If the above was true.  Somebody would''ve lumped on by now.  And the odds would be tumbling.

I''d have thought it was more a balancing thing - the player would not necessarily want to sign permanently if we were to be relegated, and we''d not want the cost burden/risk of offloading a 30 year old at a loss, sort of thing. I suppose there could be a third element in the mix in a new manager''s opinion being canvassed.

Some of you lot are so gullible you''ll believe anything.

Honestly I would be just as happy if Adams got the job.

He showed with the youth team he understands football as a team game. Cheap option too.

Loan makes sense - try before you buy. Hughton has form with this with KK, ultimately deciding not to buy. A signing not coming off with his wages and fee would be hard to shift, unlike a younger player. Do you think Harry Kane would have been brought in if he wasnt from Tottenham? - the way Peter Grant used to bring in ''marquee'' signings from his true love Celtic?

CUSDP, when you said the first bit was true, were you referring to the original post and the bit about McNally corresponding with other managers Tywin Lannister style, or were you referring to Gutierrez and the loan/permanent transfer?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1381408-why-marcelo-bielsa-employ-the-most-bizarre-tactics-in-football[/quote]

Its hard not to love this guys bold and ambitious approach, but he''d be a terrible fit for us. Whilst his approach is unconventional and exciting in itself, his system seems totally inflexible. His refusal to adapt the system in response to games or the loss of certain personnel would drive most of the fans crazy - its the biggest criticism of Hughton. If Bielsa were our manager he''d want to employ his 3-3-1-3 system. He''d stick to it rigidly, and with the personnel we have it would almost certainly fail or at least need a lot of time bedding in or need a long time bringing in new players.

I think for Bielsa''s approach to be successful, he has to be at a top club where he is able to bring in players athletic enough, talented enough and adaptable enough to make the system work.

Many of our players have grown up with a blinkered English approach to how the game is played and such an unconventional approach would be likely to melt their world. Im pretty sure our players do not have the attributes to make this system work. Also, one of the biggest criticisms of Hughton is that he has shackled the players natural playing style and imposed rigid/complicated responsibilities on them, to which they have not adapted well. Bielsa is a complete control freak and would have his players micro-managed at all times - again, a very poor fit for our players.

As much as I am excited by the fantasy of of this guy becoming our manager, the reality would undoubtedly be a complete disaster. Dont think Bielsa''s approach is at all suited for English football