Sign in to follow this  
Your mother

This season vs last

I took a look at corresponding fixtures this season vs last;1) TY: 15pts LY 15pts2) Of the remaining games, LY 20ptsBy all means check the results yourself. I have not included this years promoted sides as ..well, we didn''t play them. And you could argue that I should exclude last years promoted sides, but I haven''t.So a "reasonable expectation" of 35pts.Then factor in the promoted sides - 5pts taken so far. That''s a "reasonable expectation" of 40pts. But wait, with Hull (H) and Cardiff (A) to come, 44pts should see us through, don''t you think?!

Hi Mum, I agree we should be ok, but its not a given.  Plus, last season''s results are not likely to re-occur.  Its still completely unpredictable where points will come from.  That''s part of the fun of it.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]we''re playing much better than last season which is good[/quote]Do you take a white cane to the ground or a guide dog ?

Hahaha was thinking the same. We promise little to no threat in most games, similar to last season. We definitely aren''t playing better that''s for sure!

44 points...dreamland

40 points...unlikely

35-37 points...realistic and probably just enough to stay up.

It looks like Hughton''s staying so we need to get behind the team so we get over-the-line. It will be interesting.

One of the things I''ve noticed whilst trawling through the stats is that there seems to be a lack of set-piece goals. Last season we scored 17 goals from set-pieces. This season we''re on track to score around 4. Happily, the amount of goals we''ve scored during open play is on track to increase. According to the stats, Hughton needs to spend less time coaching how to score during open play and more time coaching set-piece maneuvers.

Quick update, following Everton and Hull matches;1) TY 15pts vs LY 16pts(Loss to Everton at Goodison this year vs the point we took last year)2) Of the remaining games, LY19ptsPotentially 34 points. Then factor in the promoted sides - 8pts taken so far. That''s a "reasonable expectation" of 42pts. With Cardiff (A) to play.Lots of talk across numerous threads on here of low point totals (36 or less) at the bottom. Further support for that idea in Racing & Football Outlook (weekly paper). They forecast the bottom thus;Aston Villa 43Hull 42Stoke 42Swansea 41WBA 39Norwich 39Sunderland 36West Ham 36Fulham 35Cardiff 34Crystal Palace 33Now if that forecast works as I think it does then after the weekend just gone R&FO will be forecasting 42 points for us. Oh, and in their separate "Outlook Index" they have us finishing 16th, not yet counting the Hull result.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Soooooo........ you''re saying Hughton in?[/quote]LOL dont think she knows what she is saying, thats the trouble with stats