Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

*** MCNALLY ON RADIO NORFOLK AT 10AM***

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="jb"]

his point about the everton game was that he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2, but that the fans had been asking for it and so should appreciate the more attacking (debatable in my view) approach...

this interview was more about what McNally DIDN''T say than anything he did say. 

[/quote]

On reflection, I think that''s probably more like what he was trying to say than flat-out criticising Hughton''s tactical approach, but it''s still interesting that he said he felt 4-4-2 at Goodison would lead us to being overrun in midfield (as, indeed, we were).[/quote]So is McNally going to take over as manager???

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="jb"]

his point about the everton game was that he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2, but that the fans had been asking for it and so should appreciate the more attacking (debatable in my view) approach...

this interview was more about what McNally DIDN''T say than anything he did say. 

[/quote]

On reflection, I think that''s probably more like what he was trying to say than flat-out criticising Hughton''s tactical approach, but it''s still interesting that he said he felt 4-4-2 at Goodison would lead us to being overrun in midfield (as, indeed, we were).[/quote]It is damning either way. Either it was Hughton''s decision alone, or Hughton is such a weak character  he bows to the wishes of fans and plays a system he doesn''t want to.Of course the alternative view is that McNally has no right to criticse Hughton. Having been brought up in marketing and never having played or coached football at any professional level he can''t possibly have a valid view.[:D]

I agree, it''s not McNallys place to criticise the tactics. Who does he think he is? Tan?! Doesnt sound the most supportive of interviews. Not that it means anything, but have Hughtons odds changed in response?

Wouldn''t want to be McNally. The board have to do everything they can to keep us in the premier league. If that means sacking Hughton they will also remove their only hiding place. Whoever they appoint next they will not get the easy ride they got with Hughton''s appointment.

Plenty of comments from McNally on the Premier League, but did he say anything about the FA Cup? Hughtons record here is out in the 3rd round and out against non-league Luton. Cant have been happy with the League cup performance. Sounded like there was a good away following last night, did he say anything about away performances and fairness on the away fans?

Dead man walking.

But for a complete dismantling of Hull a la WBA last year. AND which is carried forward in to the next games. If we beat Hull and lose at home to Newcastle he''ll be gone i think.

That comment about playing 4-4-2 to placate the fans led me to recall a post some months ago when someone contributed some feedback from his time at Newcastle- my memory was that he was seen as too weak and compliant but that may be wrong.

I''m going to see if this available to hear again as it sounds very interesting. It all suggests the chop is imminent as absolutely no words of support in any way have been reported so far.

McNally brave to submit to interview -Radio Norfolk!!!!Oh! Please, it was his unquestionable duty as CEO to do just that and very well remunerated for that duty.Absolutely nothing new was disclosed and the answers comprised evasive rhetoric and waffle.Congratulations David you are most certainly well trained, practiced and exploitive with respect to that invaluable art.The essential issue, number of winnable games was evaded. David must stop sitting on the fence and say or do something substantive. Issue an ultimatum which is not ambiguous.''I would rather die than be relegated''That is plain silly we do not wish for you to die because we still admire you.What will happen if we lose at Fulham for example?I believe that the players wish for change and will play in sympathy to that wish on Saturday.

I have a feeling dm might go back to his office think about what he said after all the club made contact with radio Norfolk and say enough is enough lets do it today !

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

It is damning either way. Either it was Hughton''s decision alone, or Hughton is such a weak character  he bows to the wishes of fans and plays a system he doesn''t want to.

[/quote]

Agreed. There''s not really any way to put a positive light on that comment.

I read it as he''s definitely got to beat hull and probably definitely got to beat Newcastle to survive. Right now I can''t see either, both are in pretty good form and will view us as an easy win.

If the players Believe in Hughton as they say, they have to win Saturday. We need a huge performance.

Thanks for transcribing the interview.I hope the board aren''t using being in the bottom three as only the benchmark for removing Hughton.  He is either suitable for the job or not.It worries me that the board have no backup plan for this situation at all.Are they going to wait until the damage is irreparable?

[quote user="Buh"]I read it as he''s definitely got to beat hull and probably definitely got to beat Newcastle to survive. Right now I can''t see either, both are in pretty good form and will view us as an easy win.

If the players Believe in Hughton as they say, they have to win Saturday. We need a huge performance.[/quote]

If this really is the equivelent of Worthy''s two game ultimatum then it beggars belief. Worthy''s two games were in October with most of the season ahead of us. When these two games are gone we will have just six home games left. three of which are Citeh, Arse and Suarez.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Thanks for transcribing the interview.

I hope the board aren''t using being in the bottom three as only the benchmark for removing Hughton.  He is either suitable for the job or not.

It worries me that the board have no backup plan for this situation at all.

Are they going to wait until the damage is irreparable?
[/quote]

I am pretty sure they will probably leave it until it is too late. It already almost is too late. The amount of games we look capable of winning will diminish the closer we get to those final 4 or 5 games, and we are now half way through the last month in which we can sign any players.

They should act now. But they won''t.

"When these two games are gone we will have just six home games left"

You are making the mistake of assuming that we would be rubbish away from home now matter who the manager is.

Sunderland are unbeaten in 5 away from home, 9 points in those games with away wins against Everton and Fulham (our last two away defeats).

Not heard the interview but could another spin be that DM was communicating expectations to us supporters. Along the lines of we will be playing 4-5-1 for pretty much the rest of the season. That''s how it is going to be, now get behind us.

Hughton would have no credibility saying it but the hope would be that we might just listen to DM

No I''m not Juggy. I''m just pointing out the stage of the season we are at. I don''t even write off the three home games I mentioned. Have you ever seen me hoist up the white flag in the way you do?? The club are dead to me??? LOL

If the board are seriously giving Hughton those two games then I would have to question my faith in them. They are privvy to everything that goes on and have had enough time to have made a considered judgement.

"The club are dead to me???"

I did point out that I was considering not attending games until Hughton had gone. I haven''t decided whether I will attend Hull and Newcastle yet, and may yet stay true to that. I''ve not been travelling away this season, I travelled all over last season.

"If the board are seriously giving Hughton those two games then I would have to question my faith in them"

It is quite clear that they do not want to sack him, because he is a nice guy, and they don''t want to pay any compensation. McNally wants us to go and beat Hull so that he doesn''t have to.

I''ve lost faith for an entirely different reason, which is that they have dillied and dallied and allow this sentiment to stand between them seeing what they want to see and seeing what was blatantly obvious, which is that he has done a poor job this season and needs to go.

The board were indecisive at the crucial moment, the boat has sailed, and now they are considering sacking him at the end of a transfer window. Ridiculous.

Did the interviewer ask him straight out if the board were going to sack hughton and if not why not?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Buh"]I read it as he''s definitely got to beat hull and probably definitely got to beat Newcastle to survive. Right now I can''t see either, both are in pretty good form and will view us as an easy win.

If the players Believe in Hughton as they say, they have to win Saturday. We need a huge performance.[/quote]

If this really is the equivelent of Worthy''s two game ultimatum then it beggars belief. Worthy''s two games were in October with most of the season ahead of us. When these two games are gone we will have just six home games left. three of which are Citeh, Arse and Suarez.

[/quote]It doesn''t sound like it. If Hughton was going to be sacked before Hull McNally would not have given the interview. But it looks as if he was setting the scene for Hughton to be sacked straight after Hull if the result is bad. Particularly a loss that then puts us in the bottom three.I very much doubt the Newcastle game would come into it. Hughton will either be safe by then or gone. The point being that after Hull a new manager would have a bit of time in which to work, with one spare weekend.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No I''m not Juggy. I''m just pointing out the stage of the season we are at. I don''t even write off the three home games I mentioned. Have you ever seen me hoist up the white flag in the way you do?? The club are dead to me??? LOL

If the board are seriously giving Hughton those two games then I would have to question my faith in them. They are privvy to everything that goes on and have had enough time to have made a considered judgement.

[/quote]

Agreed. A two game ultimatum is just another way of saying, ''we need more evidence, we still havent got enough to make a decision''. And its poorly judged if its an attempt to put a rocket up him - as if he isnt trying his best already.

What more will two games prove? They have 18 months worth on which to base a decision. Why do they need any more evidence? Either back him or sack him. Time to nail some colours to the post.

Could it be that the decision has already been made, but none of the managers the club might covet are interested? If so, then the board are being very savvy - look at what happened at Wolves when they sacked McCarthy before lining up a replacement. Never forget the lessons learned from Wolves! Squad before stadium, and dont sack before you have a replacement!

If he gets sacked 18th January, the new manager is not going to have enough time to do anything.

We aren''t going to have a new manager on the 19th, unless it is Neil Adams.

How on earth is a new manager going to identify areas which need improving and then identify targets and negotiate transfers in one week?

The board has ballsed this up completely. Cardiff were pretty late sacking Malky, other teams acted earlier.

He needed to go mid-December during that flurry of sackings, we''ve left it too late. The board were indecisive and dallied at the crucial moment.

The new manager faces a very difficult task, and that will impact on the calibre of manager that we could attract.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If he gets sacked 18th January, the new manager is not going to have enough time to do anything.

We aren''t going to have a new manager on the 19th, unless it is Neil Adams.

How on earth is a new manager going to identify areas which need improving and then identify targets and negotiate transfers in one week?

The board has ballsed this up completely. Cardiff were pretty late sacking Malky, other teams acted earlier.

He needed to go mid-December during that flurry of sackings, we''ve left it too late. The board were indecisive and dallied at the crucial moment.

The new manager faces a very difficult task, and that will impact on the calibre of manager that we could attract.[/quote]I agree with the idea that a new manager will not have enough time either way (as argued in my latest Myth contribution). I was only saying if it happens it will be after Hull then rather than after Newcastle.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If he gets sacked 18th January, the new manager is not going to have enough time to do anything. We aren''t going to have a new manager on the 19th, unless it is Neil Adams. How on earth is a new manager going to identify areas which need improving and then identify targets and negotiate transfers in one week? The board has ballsed this up completely. Cardiff were pretty late sacking Malky, other teams acted earlier. He needed to go mid-December during that flurry of sackings, we''ve left it too late. The board were indecisive and dallied at the crucial moment. The new manager faces a very difficult task, and that will impact on the calibre of manager that we could attract.[/quote]

Totally agree.