Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

*** MCNALLY ON RADIO NORFOLK AT 10AM***

It''ll be to ''place on record'' the real reasons he closed his Twitter account.

Someone needs to ask him why he comes off Twitter as soon as someone someone throws a bit of Criticism his way, Happy to take the plaudits for getting it right the last few years runs and hides when it starts to go wrong hardly the sign of a stand up guy.

McNally: Results are the only thing that matter, and whether Chris or indeed I myself have a long term future here is dictated by results.

[quote user="Casey"]McNally: Results are the only thing that matter, and whether Chris or indeed I myself have a long term future here is dictated by results.[/quote]

Just said he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2 at Everton.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Casey"]McNally: Results are the only thing that matter, and whether Chris or indeed I myself have a long term future here is dictated by results.[/quote]

Just said he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2 at Everton.[/quote]Really? If so, oh. Interesting.

On Paul Lambert - "He walked out on our football club, let''s not forget that. He obviously thought Aston Villa was a bigger football club and that''s his decision. We''re very grateful for the 3 years he have us as manager"

On Norwich season - "Performances haven''t been good enough, results haven''t been. The brief to Chris is to keep us out of the bottom three and to move us up the table. And that hasn''t changed... We would not contemplate relegation. Too many people have worked for too long to put our club in the Premier League"

that was actually much more damning (if in a guarded way) of Hughton than I''d expected.  Lose on Saturday and he''ll be gone, I''m sure of that now.

McNally to fans: "I''d prefer death than relegation. There is nothing more important than keeping this great football club in the Premier League. We would do anything we can to support the club in that aim"

Conrad did very well to probe McNally. McNally could have easily said at any point "we''re not sacking Chris" but he didn''t. He maintained that football depends on results, which says to me that he will make a change of manager if the bad results continue.

I hardly think Radio Norfolk have been granted an exclusive so it will be a run of the mill interview.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]

[/quote]

Really? Saying performances and results in general haven''t been good enough is one thing, choosing to single out tactics from particular games for criticism is something else.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]

[/quote]

Really? Saying performances and results in general haven''t been good enough is one thing, choosing to single out tactics from particular games for criticism is something else.

[/quote]He was saying it was the fans who kept on wanting Chris to play 442 , implying Hughton played that formation to please the fans

[quote user="swindoncanary"]McNally said "Hughton''s target is to keep us out of the bottom three" That means until we are there Hughton keeps his job. [/quote]

I dunno, if we look like dropping in (we do) then he could be a gonner sooner rather than later. Form is bad, the fans have turned, the players look shot.

I think Hull will be his last chance.

The first goal is massive on Saturday.

Is a win versus Hull just a way of delaying the ineviteble though?

his point about the everton game was that he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2, but that the fans had been asking for it and so should appreciate the more attacking (debatable in my view) approach...

this interview was more about what McNally DIDN''T say than anything he did say. 

McNally didn''t come out in support of Hughton at the AGM either. Just spoke of about the club as a whole and how the importance of playing in the premier league overshadowed everything else.

I read that interview as he is gone, I kinda feel that when a CE openly criticises a managers tactics then he is in for the chop. Maybe Im wrong, but I just cant envisage Mcnally risking his job for Hughtons.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]The only person Iv heard more rubbish come out if their mouth is from Hughton him self[/quote]

Then you clearly don''t remember Glenn Roeder''s tenure as Norwich manager, or indeed Neil Doncaster''s time as chief executive...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Casey"]McNally: Results are the only thing that matter, and whether Chris or indeed I myself have a long term future here is dictated by results.[/quote]

Just said he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2 at Everton.[/quote]Really? If so, oh. Interesting.[/quote]A CEO criticising a manager''s tactical decisions is the new equivalent of the vote of confidence.

[quote user="jb"]

his point about the everton game was that he wouldn''t have played 4-4-2, but that the fans had been asking for it and so should appreciate the more attacking (debatable in my view) approach...

this interview was more about what McNally DIDN''T say than anything he did say. 

[/quote]

On reflection, I think that''s probably more like what he was trying to say than flat-out criticising Hughton''s tactical approach, but it''s still interesting that he said he felt 4-4-2 at Goodison would lead us to being overrun in midfield (as, indeed, we were).

I think Hughton needs to go now for his own credibility. He''s a decent guy and not the worst manager about, things just need freshening up. Hughton can leave with his reputation still in tact and find a new championship club or something. We can move on and get the fans and the players back on side.

Would a win versus Hull really change anything?

Surely this points at another issue.

If Hughton had indeed played 4-4-2 at Everton simply to ''placate the supporters'', that would suggest CH has no confidence in his own system... so in effect he ''threw away'' a game to make a misguided point... but then, if CH''s preferred system isn''t working either, everything points to one outcome...

The Pub.