Sign in to follow this  
Tiffey Boy

New scriptwriter needed!

Norwich manager Chris Hughton: "Swansea have had a tough week. I thought we very much edged it in the second half. We conceded a poor goal, showed great character, and needed a special goal to get back into it.

What is Hughton on? How can you very much edge it and why did it have to be a special goal to get back in it.I can''t imagine what his half time talks are like!

I''ll take your advice ''O'' wise one''

Maybe Hughton in fact said Norwich were the better side in the second half and felt with a little better luck could well have won!

From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been

[quote user="Tiffey Boy"]From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been[/quote]

The EDP and the press in general are no better at deciding what should or what shouldn''t be said.  They are just writing what they think people want to read.   I''m amazed how many people report what the papers say as if it is somehow holy or special in some way. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tiffey Boy"]From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been[/quote]

The EDP and the press in general are no better at deciding what should or what shouldn''t be said.  They are just writing what they think people want to read.   I''m amazed how many people report what the papers say as if it is somehow holy or special in some way. 

[/quote]

Is that until they write something you agree with and then it is Holy & special.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-17 2:17 PM:

Tiffey Boy wrote:

From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been

The EDP and the press in general are no better at deciding what should or what shouldn''t be said. They are just writing what they think people want to read. I''m amazed how many people report what the papers say as if it is somehow holy or special in some way.

wrong LDC. It is well known in these parts (should you live here and take the EDP/EEN/PINK UN that most if not all of the Archant columnists toe the club line!

Until now. Why do you think McNally gave his interview?

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tiffey Boy"]From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that until they write something you agree with and then it is Holy & special.[/quote]

I treat everything I read in the papers with the scepticism it deserves, whether I agree with it or not.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tiffey Boy"]From the EDP today:-Time perhaps for a rousing statement of intent from Team Hughton rather than telling us what a good team Tottenham are or what a fine servant Jermain Defoe has been[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that until they write something you agree with and then it is Holy & special.[/quote]

I treat everything I read in the papers with the scepticism it deserves, whether I agree with it or not.

[/quote]Have to agree with you about the newspapers there LDC. As if Somerset was flooded. It''ll take more than some Photoshopped pictures of David Cameron in wellington boots on the front of the Daily Mail to fool ME.