Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Craig Fleming

OK so what is everyone on heres problem with Craig. For the most part of the season he has been solid if not spectacular and since Man Utd he has been absolutely outstanding yet we still here people calling for Docherty who for me is far insuperior to Fleming. Get off his back and get behind him!

Yeh thought so. Hes just the latest scapegoat after sutch, rivers, mulryne, holt, jonson the list goes on. Get behind your players.

Flemo is a good honest pro, who gives his all and has yellow and green running through his veins.  Tries a hell of a lot harder, and more committed than Francis who was second in Player of the Year?

[quote]Flemo is a good honest pro, who gives his all and has yellow and green running through his veins. Tries a hell of a lot harder, and more committed than Francis who was second in Player of the Year?[/quote]

I''ll give him credit for that, but it doesn''t take away the fact that he has been one of the weak links in our team throughout the season. IMO he''ll need replacing next season, whatever league we''re in.

I don''t know if I am the only one but watching him recently, it looks like to me he has been trying too hard and running out of position in pursuit of the ball alot. Against Southampton he should have been in the centre of defence but a couple of times he wasn''t anywhere because he ran off to try and win the ball, didn''t and put us in a lot of trouble.

And why doesn''t he clear the ball completely. He is also trying to be a bit too clever with his clearances, trying to find a midfielder when Row Z will do.

But in saying all this he has played every game so the more he has played I suppose the more mistakes we will see???

What do you think?

Sorry guys I''m don''t like giving our players a hard time, but Fleming is slow, poor in the air and prone to giving away dangerous free kicks. He was once a good defender and I''m glad we''ve had him at the club, but now age has caught up with him.

The only thing he does really well these days is glare at other players after his mistake has led to the concession of a goal.

He needs replacing by someone with experience, who isn''t over the hill.

It''s a shame, but football is cruel.