Sign in to follow this  
tblowers9

Quite Peeved at Skybet actually!

Requested odds on Neil Adams being our next permanent manager as I thought with all the good work he''s done he might be in with a chance if he ever fills the caretaker boss role, so thought it might be a good thing to stick a fiver on, and the b*stards wouldn''t even give me odds on it! But yet other sites will give you 250/1 on Robbie Fowler, ridiculous

[quote user="tblowers9"]Requested odds on Neil Adams being our next permanent manager as I thought with all the good work he''s done he might be in with a chance if he ever fills the caretaker boss role, so thought it might be a good thing to stick a fiver on, and the b*stards wouldn''t even give me odds on it! But yet other sites will give you 250/1 on Robbie Fowler, ridiculous[/quote]That''s because it''s a ridiculous suggestion, it''s not worth their time.

I once got a heads up from a West Ham player to say that We had approached Peter Grant to be manager. Went in a couple of bookies but couldn''t get odds and wasn''t convinced enough for me to peruse it. He was named manager the following week. Wish I had have been more persistant.

Its not often the bookies turn away people willing putting money on markets with such huge odds. Maybe Skybet read your request and laughed at it and said "haha keep your fiver mate" [:D]

Try asking other bookies. Im pretty sure BetVictor will give you the odds on it, they seem to have loads of options on the "NCFC''s next manager" market.www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/norwich/next-permanent-managerDont use Skybet anyway. Skybet''s odds have been shi tee recently compared to the others, their takings must be down to their silly freebet offers.

Bloody Hell! Sky bet has stopped taking money on Neil Adams as next Norwich Manager. I expect the ticker thing to run across the screen at any minute.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I once got a heads up from a West Ham player to say that We had approached Peter Grant to be manager. Went in a couple of bookies but couldn''t get odds and wasn''t convinced enough for me to peruse it. He was named manager the following week. Wish I had have been more persistant.[/quote]
I remember the Moose on Talksport saying a good week before he was appointed.  Delia actually went to Wet Spam to speak to him about it.

there must be bookies that will take it. bookies took the bet of the bloke that won a few hundred grand by betting his son would play for man u, and the grandad that won half a mil by betting his grandson would play for scotland.

Wouldn''t have been such a waste of a fiver would it! I knew I should''ve pressed it further who knows what odds I''d''ve got! Right annoyed now!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Some of the replies in this thread look a bit silly now, don''t they
[/quote]

no.. he is caretaker manager