Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Missing posters

Have to admit that I havent seen much from certain regular posters recently, and indeed some have disappeared completely. Some that come to my mind are Im a banana, paul moy, and camudulom (or something like that) I havent heard from in years.

Hope they havent been driven out. Can anyone else think of people who are conspicuous by their absence? Should we send out any search parties?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

Have to admit that I havent seen much from certain regular posters recently, and indeed some have disappeared completely. Some that come to my mind are Im a banana, paul moy, and camudulom (or something like that) I havent heard from in years.

Hope they havent been driven out. Can anyone else think of people who are conspicuous by their absence? Should we send out any search parties?

[/quote]A fair few people I know don''t post here any more mainly because of the extremely high idiot / troll count.Shame really, as you can still get good football debate here, on occasion.

This board is far too personal a lot of the time. Wish we could stick to discussing the football without squabbles descending into p*ssing contests or a trade of insults. Its sad that people dont want to post here anymore

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]This board is far too personal a lot of the time. Wish we could stick to discussing the football without squabbles descending into p*ssing contests or a trade of insults. Its sad that people dont want to post here anymore[/quote]It happens in all online communities. A lot of us have been here for most of the 10 years the place has been running.The trouble is, football is an emotive subject, and these things often get heated.That, and the fact there really are some quite "simple" people who post here, with a fair few thrown in who just like to wind people up.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]This board is far too personal a lot of the time. Wish we could stick to discussing the football without squabbles descending into p*ssing contests or a trade of insults. Its sad that people dont want to post here anymore[/quote]

Including me from this evening.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]This board is far too personal a lot of the time. Wish we could stick to discussing the football without squabbles descending into p*ssing contests or a trade of insults. Its sad that people dont want to post here anymore[/quote]

[/quote]Flouncing off, as you made an idiot of yourself?Bye.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Flouncing off, as you made an idiot of yourself?

Bye.
[/quote]

Tis true I bring a lot of flack my way, and yes, its my fault I quess to a point, but there comes a time when you lot just disgust me....that time is now.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Flouncing off, as you made an idiot of yourself?Bye.[/quote]

Tis true I bring a lot of flack my way, and yes, its my fault I quess to a point, but there comes a time when you lot just disgust me....that time is now.

[/quote]To a point? How about completely?Don''t slam the door on your way out.

I was expecting another rant about the thieving criminal manure fans 

Take this place with a pinch of salts....

Half the people on here post to get a response... (eg waveney) they dont believe the bull crap and neither do I.

Cam!! There''s a blast from the past. I miss him. He always selected in Rays Funds but wouldn''t make the final selections saying that was a job for Norwich fans. I respected him for that. Of course he did follow us but his first love was Col U.  But it must be nearly 4 years since he posted so anyone joining after 2010 wouldn''t remember him....................

This has always been my favourite forum - never posted on Wrath and stopped posting on the NCFC one when I was still using dial-up. In fact this is the only forum I post on on the entire internet.There are a great many intelligent and reasoned posters on here and I have read countless posts that made me think or made me laugh out loud. I don''t want to name names because it''s really unfair on those I might have forgotten but there definitely are many posters who seem to have disappeared. Even the ''trolls'' used to be fairly original and entertaining to a degree in the shape of Smudger, Cluck, We8WBA etc.Now the site seems awash with sock-puppets and little private in-jokes or threads about absolutely nothing. As I said, there are lots of good posters left behind but they are becoming heavily diluted.Did it all stem from the KTF vs WO time? Was there a crack there that has never healed when sometimes things got very personal between posters?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This has always been my favourite forum - never posted on Wrath and stopped posting on the NCFC one when I was still using dial-up. In fact this is the only forum I post on on the entire internet.There are a great many intelligent and reasoned posters on here and I have read countless posts that made me think or made me laugh out loud. I don''t want to name names because it''s really unfair on those I might have forgotten but there definitely are many posters who seem to have disappeared. Even the ''trolls'' used to be fairly original and entertaining to a degree in the shape of Smudger, Cluck, We8WBA etc.Now the site seems awash with sock-puppets and little private in-jokes or threads about absolutely nothing. As I said, there are lots of good posters left behind but they are becoming heavily diluted.Did it all stem from the KTF vs WO time? Was there a crack there that has never healed when sometimes things got very personal between posters?

[/quote]Yeah, the KTF / WO era saw me stop posting here for a while.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people complain about this forum. It just seems endemic in the present climate of complaing about everything our beloved team do. This board is what we make it. We are the only reason it exists. People come and go all the time. When I look back to the original posters on Rays Funds over half of them no longer post. But new posters come along and take their place. Just like on the rest of the board.

The new people on here are just as good as the ones who have left. The trolls are just as disruptive. Reasonable posters are just as reasonable. Thoughtful posters are just as thoughtful. Comical posters are just as funny. And so on....

This is a great community and I''m proud to be part of it.

I think that Camel Toe (as he was affectionately known among other corruptions of his name) became such an irritating wiseguy and bore that people began to give him flak, and so he decided it was better to leave this forum. He was a Col U fan so what he was doing here on a regular basis only he knew!

I don''t disagree with any of your points, Nutty; my main concern is simply the ratios/proportion has shifted between these different groups and characters. And a lot of really good posters have gone AWOL. As a case-in-point, I can never think of you Nutty without thinking of your main sparring rival Bly. Is he still around? I haven''t seen him/her post in donkeys''.Mr Trucker, if memory proves correct, Camel Dung was indeed a Col U fan but was on this forum because he worked for Archant (it was also the time when Norwich and Colchester were in the same league as each other)

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Any other notable absentees?[/quote]I miss Shyster, he was always guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I don''t disagree with any of your points, Nutty; my main concern is simply the ratios/proportion has shifted between these different groups and characters. And a lot of really good posters have gone AWOL. As a case-in-point, I can never think of you Nutty without thinking of your main sparring rival Bly. Is he still around? I haven''t seen him/her post in donkeys''.Mr Trucker, if memory proves correct, Camel Dung was indeed a Col U fan but was on this forum because he worked for Archant (it was also the time when Norwich and Colchester were in the same league as each other)

[/quote]I don''t think so! And if he still reads this forum I suspect he would laugh rather loudly at that idea. I don''t know for a fact, but I assume the reason he no longer posts is because he was banned, and banned for persistent anti-Archant posts. He was not a fan of its journalism.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

[/quote]

I suppose whoever you used to be could be classified as a missing poster TGMD as your concern for cameldung is rather interesting as he disappeared about 2 years before you registered ! Multiple accounts and user name changes is something I struggle

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I don''t disagree with any of your points, Nutty; my main concern is simply the ratios/proportion has shifted between these different groups and characters. And a lot of really good posters have gone AWOL. As a case-in-point, I can never think of you Nutty without thinking of your main sparring rival Bly. Is he still around? I haven''t seen him/her post in donkeys''.Mr Trucker, if memory proves correct, Camel Dung was indeed a Col U fan but was on this forum because he worked for Archant (it was also the time when Norwich and Colchester were in the same league as each other)

[/quote]

Don''t know what''s happened to Bly. But he wasn''t driven out or banned. He had far too much character to allow that to happen. People have tried pms and emails to no avail and it''s difficult not to think the worst. I just hope and pray the old duffer is ok....

Cam didn''t work for Archant. He had some sort of agency called Blackcat. He was almost certainly banned and he upset many posters with his forthright views about their ridiculous attacks on their own club, especially the owners. I seem to remember he''d threatened to write about the messageboard and it''s contributors in a sunday paper just before he was banned.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

[/quote]

I suppose whoever you used to be could be classified as a missing poster TGMD as your concern for cameldung is rather interesting as he disappeared about 2 years before you registered ! Multiple accounts and user name changes is something I struggle

[/quote]

Allow me to point out the flaw in your logic then. You dont have to be registered to read this forum. I have been reading this forum for at least 5 or 6 years as I found Norwich info difficult to come across not being local. I found reading this forum provided far more Norwich related info than the paucity of actual reports than made it into the media. I finally registered 8 months ago when I moved into my new house but was living without family for a month. I became more than a lurker out of boredom and lonliness! I''ve never been a registered member before that date, but visited the forum to read the threads for years before this