Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Goalkeepers

Watched the goalkeeping last last night with interest with Forster playing and was struck by the distribution of both goalkeepers on show.   The Chilean gk seemed to be very positive with his kicking, like hitting long passes, rather than just kicking the ball upfield.   Also thought Forsters''s kicking was good, also passing the ball out with accuracy.  Shame Ruddy didn''t get a chance. His kicking maybe not as good as Forster''s although in compensation he is very good throwing the ball out from defence.   Would be good to see Ruddy against Germany, although presume Hart will be back for that one.

I don''t think you watched very closely then! Forster''s first 3 kicks from open play were appalling and didn''t reach halfway. Plus he was slow to react to their first goal (which I think Hart or Ruddy would have saved) and on two occasions parried shots out into danger. He was done for their second when he went down too early, although I don''t think anyone else would have done any better with that finish.

I think Ruddy has good reason to be a bit p***ed not to play as the media picked Forster and Uncle Woy just covered his backside. Fact is ynless you play against international strikers every week in the PL you won''t be sharp enough to play for England. The ONLY contender who is doing that at the moment is Ruddy and he should have played. Very, very poor management in my opinion.

Fair enough, although I think it is fair to say that Ruddy needs a good run of games behind him without letting many in to boost his case.   Forster looked ok to me taking the game as a whole,  but they are all fighting for a place imo, as unless Hart gets back to where he was form wise, they all have a case for playing. 

I went to Wembley last night.

Was very disappointed that our John didnt get any game time [:(]

BTW the England attacks reminded me of Norwich to an extent. Slow and predictable and the final ball was dire every time.

England made it through a very Easy qualifying group (Ukraine apart) they came up against quality last night and got found out...and that''s the reason making it beyond the first round should be celebrated next summer.

Thought he should have saved the first goal to be honest.

Had to watch it on the ipad with sound off so not sure what the pundits made of it. Not that it matters.

Hopefully ruddy gets a chance to shine on Tuesday against zee Germans.

Ben Foster, John Ruddy, Fraser Forster and Joe Hart, three of these will be going to the World Cup. My belief is that Hart and Hodgsons favorite Foster will go, that leaves it between Ruddy and Forster for the third place.