Sign in to follow this  
drew33

tim sherwood

tim sherwood could at least acknowledge we have a chance and are favourites. Will all the river end scum stop booing drury and holt they have given their all for this club what good does it do to anyone. dont bother coming next season, im sick of you, plenty of people will cheer these players and deserve your season ticket more than you. if  ihave to sit next to you next season i''ll take you on and risk getting banned. my son listens to you every week , he has been brought up to love his team whatever.

Andrwe welcome to the message board and as a Virgin poster I will keep this friendly. Your opinion is exactly why this board is here and I''m sure the sentiment of your post is with good intent. I too was very annoyed at the responce to the Holt substitution - especially as Safri was injured- but to call fellow supporter S**m is bang out of order. so look forward to seeing your second post being an apology to all N & P fans. The booing seemed to actually start from the city stand? but unfortunately was not isolated in any particular area. As I said to start with welcome to the board.

Welcome to the forum Andrew. Your post is out of order & quite personal (although not to me) & you have the right to say what you think,but unfortunatley not everyone on here is as placid as me & i can only see a bararge of abuse coming your way for the next few days. Anyway once again welcome to the forum.

must apologise for saturday nights post, ihad been celebrating quite hard. my choice of words was poor. My issue was more to do with the fact that a group of people near me constatantly hound Drury every bloody game (most of them had gone by the end of the boro game). i realise they pay good money and all that, but why should us around them have to put up with ths unjustified bitterness and hatred to one player. Ok drurys not maldini but how can any of this abuse help player/team/fans. It cant. sorry again

Worst luck we all have to put up with annoying things when watching City. Last season i was sat next to a bloke who use to eat 3 hotdogs each half. I didnt mind that,but what i did mind was that he couldnt keep his gob shut while chewing on the dam thing. Even the noise of the crowd could not drown out him munching on it & i really did lose my rag with him when he kept turning round to say something to me & spraying sausage & source all over me. I believe he now resides at a pig farm!

what did tim have to say? i missed his eloqent, astute appraisal of our fine team''s survival chances. he always was a jumped up arrogant prat, with an ego far greater than any talent he possessed. i seem to remember he left carrow rd under a bit of a cloud. basically, in his opinion he was far too good for norwich city and he couldnt leave soon enough.

Well i don''t mind sticking my head on the chopping block by saying that people booing the likes of Holt and Drury are sc*m (in my opinion). Unless a player has been outspoken and said some bad things and clearly doesn''t want to play for us why would you boo them? it is moronic and also affects the players morale and confidence. These players have given their all for NCFC, if you boo them you are a low life waste of space (in my opinion). if you are one of these who boo''s players and are not sc*m, please justify what you are doing and let me know how that sort of support helps out team? 

Tim Sherwood has some problem with the fact he played for us, I dont know why, but when I met him around 6 years ago he was rude and described his spell with us as"something that was a long long time ago" The guy is a pratt.

First post, so better get in there and post something controversial! ;-) Just my 2p on the booing players, specifically about Holt:

It''s hardly surprising that Holt hasn''t been at his best considering he nearly died a few months ago. He HAS been poor, but he has given his all for this football club and he certainly doesn''t deserve the beating he''s gettings for a few "supporters".

People seem very fickle, as he was excellent for us a couple of seasons ago - one of our key players. Booing him onto the pitch is a complete disgrace in my eyes. If it was Ashton/McKenzie/whoever the "popular" player is at the moment recovering from a life-threatening injury and not reaching their top form, would people still be booing them? Methinks not.

The guy has been a loyal player, and a great player, for us over the past few seasons. However, one poor season and suddenly he is singularly at fault for some of Norwich''s poor performances, and being booed onto the pitch.

I think it''s pathetic, and whoever is responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

And re: Tim Sherwood... well, who cares? Pundits will be pundits - slagging off the "smaller" teams seems to make some feel more successful/important/[INSERT WORD HERE]. However, it usually ends up making them look more stupid. :-D

Cheers,
Ian

Two sheds, only just read you post, brilliant, hope to ketch up with more of them soon!

Hi Drew you seem to have made quite an impact for your first post. Second one was nice and the explaination was also understandable. I actually agree with your discuss at the booing fans and can''t understand the mentallity. ( although I do sit amongs them.) Welcome to the board and I''ll look out for more of your posts.

Perhaps it is a bit harsh to say people are scum who boo good decent players who are completely uncontroversial and who have always done their best in a yellow shirt even if their performances haven´t always been brilliant.  To call them ignorant is probably enough.  Talking of ignorance, I remember Tim Sherwood in his time at Carrow road, I remember him almost going on strike for more pay.  Boy was I glad to see him go.  His only achievement of note after leaving City was getting Roy Hodgson the sack at Blackburn, as team captain(!!!) he never gave Hodgson any support.  A leopard never changes its spots. 

From where I was sat - the booing was more directed at the decision to take Safri off than to bring Holt on. No-one knew at that point that Safri was injured and taking off our only midfielder who hadn''t merged into our defence seemed absurd which is why people were booing. As soon as Holt was on the pitch, a majority of fans cheered him on.

EGO # 1 Andy ( "I really don''t recall ever playing for that ''ickle'' football club Northwich Settee, well, enough of that! now, let''s talk about me!") Townsend......

EGO # 2 Tim ( I only played for Norwich, so I could fly tip all the useless possessions I had accrued in Heast Hanglia. "OOPS!sorry officer, I only emptied my car boot to get to my spare tyre, as I was going to sling that as well! Err'' no I wasn''t, It''s a stitch up!") Sherwood.......

Who cares what Tim (nice but dim) thinks?..... OTBC ;~) 

[quote]From where I was sat - the booing was more directed at the decision to take Safri off than to bring Holt on. No-one knew at that point that Safri was injured and taking off our only midfielder who had...[/quote]

Yeah, you''re right. There was some booing near me but booing for Safri going off (not yet knowing he was injured)

Far worse though was the guy sitting 2 seats from me who shouted that Heskey should "Go back to the zoo".

Yes who actually cares what Tim(not very nice) but dim thinks. I''ve calmed down a bit now. As for the "ignorant" people who boo players, they are very quiet at the moment. Maybe they don''t know what the pinkun is!

Thank the lord sats game is on telly, I don''t think i could survive another session with uncle roy!(god bless his soul)

WE WILL DO IT

Good god Marmite, that is disgusting. Hope someone had the courage to get him or her chucked out.

I sit in the City stand, close to snake pit end, and certainly any booing was for Safri going off, as nobody knew he was injured. It may also have been because Francis was disgustingly bad on Saturday (how he was second in player of the season is beyond me) and a lot of people thought he would be the one making the walk to make way for Holt.

I think that the first post which started this thread off really shows the frustration that passionate positive people have, especially when they take their children to football, that seats around them are taken by negative, glass half empty types who take great pleasure in criticising everything around them, without taking consideration of the effects that this has on other people. Still, perhaps they are really spurs fans who will wear their shirts when norwich play "their team".

[quote]Good god Marmite, that is disgusting. Hope someone had the courage to get him or her chucked out. I sit in the City stand, close to snake pit end, and certainly any booing was for Safri going off, a...[/quote]

I didn''t see the culprit again in the seocnd half so hopefully he was chucked out. I was surrounded by freakin'' idiots on Saturaday as the guy in front of me kept spitting which I find pretty disgusting too.