Sign in to follow this  
Returning Avatar

IT'S HUGHTON. H-U-G-H-T-O-N. ONLY ONE "O". FFS

nah mate it''s a conspiracyit used to be houghton with two o''s to signify his penchant for a hard earned 0-0 drawbut it''s said that in the wake of heavy criticism and pressure from fans he changed it to appease them

The letters in his name had had enough of his negative spelling tactics and decided to take matters into their own hands.

It is annoying, but who really cares, at the end of the day this is a message board full of grammatical errors, typos and speeling mistooks........will never change, so why worry about it.......  

In case it was referring to the recent post by Bor Bor - as a spoof poster, we can be sure he is well aware of that!

However I accept that many others aren''t (or at least forget, when confronted with a keyboard)

I don''t see what Ray Hughton''s got to do with this. Hell of a player in his day though, ran that Irish midfield like nobody''s business.  Maybe he knows Houghton from international days and Houghton could bring Hughton in as coach instead of Colderwood or Trollop.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

I don''t see what Ray Hughton''s got to do with this. Hell of a player in his day though, ran that Irish midfield like nobody''s business.  Maybe he knows Houghton from international days and Houghton could bring Hughton in as coach instead of Colderwood or Trollop.

[/quote]If it''s a coach you need maybe you could try contacting the secretary of East Coast Canaries he''s round here somewhere?

[quote user="Davros from Lowestoft"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

If it''s a coach you need maybe you could try contacting the secretary of East Coast Canaries he''s round here somewhere?
[/quote]

Probably down the Arthur Fowler Memorial Allotment again.

the spelling mistake is one thing, i can understand half witted planks who can barely spell ''the'' struggling with his name, or even predictive text causing issuesbut....

its the numptys that phone in radio norfolk, talksport and radio 5 and actually SAY "wooors houghton doin on fellas" that need a good slapWHOOOO TONnot HOW TON

say it slowly chaps

He might get f all right but let us at least get his name right.

It''s Christopher Houghton and Ray Hughton. Even young Bor gets that right

[quote user="iron_stan"]the spelling mistake is one thing, i can understand half witted planks who can barely spell ''the'' struggling with his name, or even predictive text causing issuesbut....its the numptys that phone in radio norfolk, talksport and radio 5 and actually SAY "wooors houghton doin on fellas" that need a good slapWHOOOO TONnot HOW TONsay it slowly chaps [/quote]Ah, I''ve got it now, it;s H-e-w-t-u-nThanks

Just like most on here, my ipad doesn''t like houghton and autocorrects the spelling of his name all the time putting the O in.

Dam it did it again........

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Just like most on here, my ipad doesn''t like houghton and autocorrects the spelling of his name all the time putting the O in.

Dam it did it again........[/quote]

Technology tries to do everything for you nowadays.   It does things for you so you can think about more important stuff, like where to go for your next binge drinking session, or time to "network" on facebook etc etc.   Its really good technology takes the hard work out of things.  It means we don''t have to think for ourselves anymore,  don''t have to waste time with checking spellings or read maps instead of relying on "tom toms"or do anything else that might exercise our brains.   After all, why would we want to exercise our brains? 

I''ve given up trying to get people to show a bit of respect on here, not just for spelling the manager''s name, but for showing respect to other people in general.   Apparently its only a message board and doesn''t matter......................That''s progress for you.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Just like most on here, my ipad doesn''t like houghton and autocorrects the spelling of his name all the time putting the O in.

Dam it did it again........[/quote]

Technology tries to do everything for you nowadays.   It does things for you so you can think about more important stuff, like where to go for your next binge drinking session, or time to "network" on facebook etc etc.   Its really good technology takes the hard work out of things.  It means we don''t have to think for ourselves anymore,  don''t have to waste time with checking spellings or read maps instead of relying on "tom toms"or do anything else that might exercise our brains.   After all, why would we want to exercise our brains? 

I''ve given up trying to get people to show a bit of respect on here, not just for spelling the manager''s name, but for showing respect to other people in general.   Apparently its only a message board and doesn''t matter......................That''s progress for you.

[/quote]Binner!