Sign in to follow this  
Fat Nat

Mousa Dembele

In the express today it is saying he is unsettled and looking for a move. A midfield pair of him and Fer would be amazing

If I was mcnasty I would be going out all guns to get him in January.

Yer maybe we should a bid in for vertonghen and paulinho whilst we are at it. Shall we try and be a bit realistic for january moves. Probly on well over £50k a week.

Saw this also in the press this morning - was surprised that clubs such as Newcastle and Villa were linked with him. When Tottenham signed him there was a lot of competition from Arsenal and several clubs in Germany, I think if he really is unhappy and available in January he''ll have a very long list of suitors and can''t see Tottenham accepting less than the £15m they paid for him.

If he is unsettled, he might want to come here, especially if the problem that he is not gett8ng enough first team football. If he is unsettled by money or climate, he wouldn''t lst long with us, I suspect.

a) We couldnt afford his fee

b) We couldnt afford his wages

c) He wouldnt want to come here, would wana be in europe

d) Who says spurs even want to sell him

A permanent transfer might be out of our reach but what about a loan in January until the end of the season?

Well he cost spurs £15m and i dont think spurs need or want to sell him and daniel levy is renound for getting good money for players. So if you think we are going to pay £15m on a player in january then you live on a different planet. We are not talking about someone who cant get a game at spurs.

Only in the windmills of your mind. Could only be a Norwich fan say that.

I heard Eden hazard was unhappy. I just spotted him in morrisons think he may have been with dembele.

Just checked out his stats from this season.

For both Spurs and Belgium:

17 starts

10 substitute appearances

0 goals

0 assists

Maybe the reason he isn''t starting every week is that he simply isn''t playing well enough. If he came we''d be dropping one of Howson or Fer:

FER (Club + International)

14 starts

5 substitute appearances

4 goals

2 assists

HOWSON

9 starts

2 substitute appearances

2 goals

0 assists

Why do we need or want him exactly?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Just checked out his stats from this season. For both Spurs and Belgium: 17 starts 10 substitute appearances 0 goals 0 assists Maybe the reason he isn''t starting every week is that he simply isn''t playing well enough. If he came we''d be dropping one of Howson or Fer: FER (Club + International) 14 starts 5 substitute appearances 4 goals 2 assists HOWSON 9 starts 2 substitute appearances 2 goals 0 assists Why do we need or want him exactly?[/quote]

Because he is one of the better central midfielders in the world...

Was voted one of the top 100 footballers currently playing in 2012 - he is a superb player and although I love Howson I would happily drop him for Dembele who is probably 2 or 3 classes above everyone else in the team.

To not want him if available would be madness - although the madness of thinking Norwich could actually get him is greater

[quote user="canary forever"]

In the express today it is saying he is unsettled and looking for a move. A midfield pair of him and Fer would be amazing

If I was mcnasty I would be going out all guns to get him in January.

[/quote]

It''s amazing a player of his quality can''t get a game.....until you see his competition at Spurs.

Obviously, as already mentioned by a few posters, a permanent move is highly unlikely. But I''d love to see a loan move in January to mix things up. Him and Fer would be quite simply the finest midfield pairing ever at this club. Except Fotheringham and Matty Pattison of course.

"Because he is one of the better central midfielders in the world"

That''s a bit of an exaggeration isn''t it? He isn''t even first choice for Belgium and is getting used off of the bench for Spurs.

So he''s a very good player but come on, he isn''t exactly world class, we aren''t talking about Iniesta or Pirlo here, were talking about an inconsistent former Fulham player who happens to turn it on when he plays us. He can get games in the top 4/6, but I think you will find that Leroy Fer will show himself as top 4/6 quality over time too.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Well he cost spurs £15m and i dont think spurs need or want to sell him and daniel levy is renound for getting good money for players. So if you think we are going to pay £15m on a player in january then you live on a different planet. We are not talking about someone who cant get a game at spurs.[/quote]

we payed a combined £15 million for 2 players in the summer...

but then we are "Little Norwich" so lets all take finishing 17th every season and never trying to become a bigger club shall we?

I respect what you''re trying to say Jas, but there''s a big difference between being ambitious, and having absolutely no understanding of football and think that a team currently fighting relegation would sign a player for £15 million in January, who would walk into teams such as Liverpool and others competing for top 6.

From what I have see this season he is well off top form and we are better off with Fer right now. Thats not saying he isnt a top player, but he is not close to where he was last season, maybe its lack of games or maybe he is carrying a knock. He certainly wouldnt walk into Liverpool''s team right now either..... 

It''s very pleasant to link his name with NC, and it does no harm to discuss the possibility, but surely we know that it is not going to happen. We have limited means, he is expensive to buy and wage. Even if he is playing poorly at the moment, his club will expect to recover most of what they paid.

In any case, is he what we need at the moment, if we are talking about a January transfer? Even if we assume that Tettey returns in January, and quickly gets fit and finds form. we need a cover or replacement for him - a defensive central midfielder, to enable Howson and Fer to get forward.

To link his name with our club is exciting, but I fear that it is also unrealistic.