Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Do we have a bogey team?

Is there a team that fills you with a sense of hopelessness? A team we never seem to get anything out of? In recent years Man City have regularly creamed us, Luis Suarez would seem to be our bogey player, and we''ve had some significant tonkings by Fulham. But do we have a team you would classify as our bogey team? And if so which team is it?

Agreed ^^ Palace almost always beat us at Selhurst Park. And we always seem to draw at home.

However I do remember watching us tonk them 4-2 about twenty years ago. Can''t remember too many wins inbetween.

Palace for me at Selhurst park.

Villa have turned into something of a bogey team as well. Wouldn''t class Liverpool as a bogey team as we''re not really expected to beat them anyway.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Even before their influx of cash I seem to remember never doing too well against Man City - although there was a win in 2001 I think.[/quote]

And there was a win last season Bethnal......it didn''t count as Man City were on a beach somewhere apparently...but that said, we did appear to gain three points from it, so I suppose it did count...  [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]Luton Town ever since that!!!!!....Billy Bingham[:''(][/quote]

Pah! Lynn Town more like. Beat us two seasons running in the Norfolk Senior Cup (1902-03 and 1903-04). And have the b*st*rds given us a chance to get revenge? Have they h*ll. And fans nowadays talk about modern-day internet-fuelled anger, but that was something else. We didn''t have any cushions to hand so lads from Town Close Preparatory School were thrown on to the Newmarket Road pitch instead...

Everton fans must be beginning to think that we are their bogey team, haven''t beat us in 5 games since we came up.

"I don''t recall us beating palace"

Beat them in 2007, but is true that our record against them is terrible.

Jonzey wrote the following post at 19/11/2013 3:28 PM:

Agreed ^^ Palace almost always beat us at Selhurst Park. And we always seem to draw at home.

However I do remember watching us tonk them 4-2 about twenty years ago. Can''t remember too many wins inbetween.

I feel the same about Palace Jonzey, yet if you look at our historic record against them it''s pretty even.

Away we have W 11. L31 D 9.

Home we have W 31 L 12 D 8

What really drives this for me is my visit to Selhurst in 2005, we were beating them 3 .1, they scored, then on 83 the cheating diving bastard that is Andy Johnson dived right in front of us and got awarded a penalty which he scored to get a draw.

I''ve hated him ever since!

[quote user="Le Juge"]"I don''t recall us beating palace"

Beat them in 2007, but is true that our record against them is terrible.[/quote]Only in recent years. We have lost 6 of the last dozen games against them but over all very little in it, City 49 wins, Palace 53 wins.