Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Greatest ever right winger?

Really sorry if this annoys anybody but the board is quiet and I thought it might be interesting to argue the merits of the best ever players we''ve had in these positions. Some have a few obvious contenders. Others there are multiple candidates. Who would you select for this honour and why? Really sorry if this annoys anyone, thought it was a better way than asking people to name their greatest ever XI as the individual positions can be discussed.

For me its probably Ruel Fox.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="OldRobert"]Bill Punton[/quote]Err....he was a left winger OR. [;)][/quote]Beg Pardon, got him and Errol Crossan the wrong way round...............senior moment.

No need to apologise the board needs livening up with topics we can have a bit of fun with.

I sometimes get some right and left wingers mixed up over all of the years I have been following.....but, I tend to agree with Ruel Fox and would say that Nathan redmond has the potential to be the very best or is he a left winger....   

Ruel Fox and a name from the 70''s Jimmy Neighbour. Fond memories of his winning goal against Liverpool at the end of a mazy dribble in the mid to late 70''s

Kenny Foggo and Jimmy Neighbour for me. Foggy played in first City game I ever saw away at Hull and was class. Jimmy Neighbour was just a legend. Also remember Max Briggs playing in same team as Foggo. Oh the good old days