Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Wes last night.

I think even the most die hard of Wes Fan''s might be able to see this is his final season for us, more and more of a marginal figure now

I am a die hard Wes fan and love the little guy and all he represents. He has been a central part of City for so many years.

His injury against Plymouth (another Tettey like major injury which went unpunished) was a major factor in our relegation to League One. His quick thinking and brilliance created the beginning of the Lambert era, that first goal at home to Charlton. From there, the story is clear and he has been a great player at the middle of most of what has been good.

Yet, I cannot deny that he is diminishing. His place in the team is insecure and he struggles to make an impression. I do not know why. Perhaps his physical attributes are also diminishing, perhaps it is confidence.

No one can pretend that Wes is not now a peripheral figure. Perhaps his time will come again but I doubt it. Sadly!!

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Riiigghhhhhhhht. So the player that, along with Holt, was the catalyst behind our rise from League 1 to the Premiership, and who continued that form in our first season and helped to keep us up, and who now finds himself struggling to break into a defensively minded setup, is suddenly deemed not good enough? Perhaps its more the fact that Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope have no idea what to do with such a talent, and have failed miserably to coach and get the best out of arguably the most technically gifted player weve had at Carrow Road in years.[/quote]

Now, how''s that podcast coming on?

[/quote] Seriously? You sad, small little man.[/quote]

Were doing a podcast this Friday, will upload and link to it on here.

Does this refresh your memory ? Mind you this Friday is now last Friday.

[/quote] Christ dont you start, you really got nothing better to do? We got pi$$ed and couldnt be bothered, is that ok?[/quote]

Better than okay, it''s actually a "win-win".

[/quote] You got nothing better to do either? So i guess your damnation of our podcast gives you some sort of verbal victory in your small little mind, christ grow up man. Your like the bitter little kid at school who wasnt good at anything and never tried to do anything, but would be negative and bash those who would. Immature little boy. Yawn...[/quote]

Now let me get this right.......YOU tell everybody on the worldwide web that you will be doing a podcast and would link on here.

The same YOU who asked if you and your drinking buddies come come to a forum with Darren Huckerby and carry out an interview and despite Darren being informed of your presence and front row seats reserved for you it was a no show and no follow up apology.

The same YOU who told me to go to the Coach and Horses where you would be happy to discuss all things NCFC over a pint but then failed to show up.

The same YOU who has thrown around words like "immature" and  "very sad little man " on this thread. Laughable really isn''t it ? [:|]

[/quote] Sweet F******* Jesus Im literally speechless by your reply. Have you got pictures of me on a dartboard in your house? Your kinda like an old woman actually, they never forget either. And what the hell are you rambling on about Hucks and some forum and table reserved and no show, what the hell are you talking about? You really do seem to have a problem with me Tilson, do you want to explain exactly why? Or are your just a c*** who has a problem with a lot of people. You really strike me as a small minded pathetic man. Dredging up the past, quoting old arguments like a b***** woman. What does it say about you that you remember all that, id forgotten totally cause im not a sad c***, the Coach and Horses thing i vaguely remember and yes i didnt bother, really wish i had now I think you need to be put in your place mate. And I really love the irony of it all, you disputing my immature and sad descriptions of you and Chops, when its you too that behave like f****** children whenever i post something. Youll recall earlier on this thread you both started with the verbal spikes, acting like two little bitches. I was just minding my own business, posting about Wes, and you both pop up with similar childish little comments having a pop at me, completely unprovoked i might add. Anyone would think you had a problem with me and the Hucks Boots website and podcast we used to do, god knows why. Childish pathetic little ''men'' the pair of you.[/quote]

The problem I have with you is that you have repeatedly talked the talk and not once walked the walk and now you conveniently suffer from a selective memory. I had better not mention the time you also failed to show at the back of the Jarrold Stand where a mate of yours sells/sold programmes and you were going to talk to me there before a game but guess what you never showed. [:(]

Interesting to see you now talk of your podcasts in the past tense which flies in the face of your statement a week ago. [*-)]

We all swear by the way but is it really necessary on a public forum because no matter what you may think of me it says so much more about you. [:$]

I agree Jas.

Though I don''t agree that he should be marginalised!

He is still our most creative player.

Something we still lack badly!

Snake

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Riiigghhhhhhhht. So the player that, along with Holt, was the catalyst behind our rise from League 1 to the Premiership, and who continued that form in our first season and helped to keep us up, and who now finds himself struggling to break into a defensively minded setup, is suddenly deemed not good enough? Perhaps its more the fact that Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope have no idea what to do with such a talent, and have failed miserably to coach and get the best out of arguably the most technically gifted player weve had at Carrow Road in years.[/quote]

[/quote] Christ dont you start, you really got nothing better to do? We got pi$$ed and couldnt be bothered, is that ok?[/quote]

[/quote] You got nothing better to do either? So i guess your damnation of our podcast gives you some sort of verbal victory in your small little mind, christ grow up man. Your like the bitter little kid at school who wasnt good at anything and never tried to do anything, but would be negative and bash those who would. Immature little boy. Yawn...[/quote]

Now let me get this right.......YOU tell everybody on the worldwide web that you will be doing a podcast and would link on here.

The same YOU who asked if you and your drinking buddies come come to a forum with Darren Huckerby and carry out an interview and despite Darren being informed of your presence and front row seats reserved for you it was a no show and no follow up apology.

The same YOU who told me to go to the Coach and Horses where you would be happy to discuss all things NCFC over a pint but then failed to show up.

The same YOU who has thrown around words like "immature" and  "very sad little man " on this thread. Laughable really isn''t it ? [:|]

[/quote] Sweet F******* Jesus Im literally speechless by your reply. Have you got pictures of me on a dartboard in your house? Your kinda like an old woman actually, they never forget either. And what the hell are you rambling on about Hucks and some forum and table reserved and no show, what the hell are you talking about? You really do seem to have a problem with me Tilson, do you want to explain exactly why? Or are your just a c*** who has a problem with a lot of people. You really strike me as a small minded pathetic man. Dredging up the past, quoting old arguments like a b***** woman. What does it say about you that you remember all that, id forgotten totally cause im not a sad c***, the Coach and Horses thing i vaguely remember and yes i didnt bother, really wish i had now I think you need to be put in your place mate. And I really love the irony of it all, you disputing my immature and sad descriptions of you and Chops, when its you too that behave like f****** children whenever i post something. Youll recall earlier on this thread you both started with the verbal spikes, acting like two little bitches. I was just minding my own business, posting about Wes, and you both pop up with similar childish little comments having a pop at me, completely unprovoked i might add. Anyone would think you had a problem with me and the Hucks Boots website and podcast we used to do, god knows why. Childish pathetic little ''men'' the pair of you.[/quote]

The problem I have with you is that you have repeatedly talked the talk and not once walked the walk and now you conveniently suffer from a selective memory. I had better not mention the time you also failed to show at the back of the Jarrold Stand where a mate of yours sells/sold programmes and you were going to talk to me there before a game but guess what you never showed. [:(]

Interesting to see you now talk of your podcasts in the past tense which flies in the face of your statement a week ago. [*-)]

We all swear by the way but is it really necessary on a public forum because no matter what you may think of me it says so much more about you. [:$]

[/quote]

You really are doing my f***** nut in now Tilson. Stop spouting lies about me for one. This Hucks forum is pure fantasy you need to get your facts straight if your gonna attack someone. And your also completely wrong about last season. I WAS round the back of the Jarrold, with my mate who sells programmes in the little hut. I was there for 45 mins and nobody came up to me so i guessed you didnt fancy it. So your talking b****** mate.

You really do seem to have a vendetta with me, i normally deal with people that have a problem with me so im more than happy to meet you.

I come on this forum for a good chat about City cause i love NCFC and am passionate about the club, and i have to put up with your pathetic childish mud slinging every f******* time. Your a p rick mate and you need to grow up.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] You really are doing my f***** nut in now Tilson. Stop spouting lies about me for one. This Hucks forum is pure fantasy you need to get your facts straight if your gonna attack someone. And your also completely wrong about last season. I WAS round the back of the Jarrold, with my mate who sells programmes in the little hut. I was there for 45 mins and nobody came up to me so i guessed you didnt fancy it. So your talking b****** mate. You really do seem to have a vendetta with me, i normally deal with people that have a problem with me so im more than happy to meet you. I come on this forum for a good chat about City cause i love NCFC and am passionate about the club, and i have to put up with your pathetic childish mud slinging every f******* time. Your a p rick mate and you need to grow up.[/quote]

No lies told by me old boy.....NCISA forum Lansdowne Hotel Thorpe Road ring any bells yet ? Also if you are more than happy to meet me that is fine so I will leave you to either pm me or put details on here.

7th December 2011 if that helps and the guy you contacted was Robin Sainty and everybody involved in organising that night who I have spoken to clearly remember the empty front row reserved seats.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]7th December 2011 if that helps and the guy you contacted was Robin Sainty and everybody involved in organising that night who I have spoken to clearly remember the empty front row reserved seats. [/quote]

I vaguely remember this now, I dont remember the ins and outs tho so I''ll have to take your word for it.

So, we said yes we''ll be there. And then we didn''t bother going? Hmmmm, and this was a major catastrophe and upset you why?

We obviously had summat better to do. You seem to be implying that I/we cowardly backed out and no showed the event? The fact that I barely remember this tells it me I placed very little importance on attending in the first place.

The question is tho, why are you dredging this up like you were genuinely inconvenienced and distraught at my absence and what f****** relevance does it have to anything now?

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 18/11/2013 9:13 AM:

"It would not surprise me at all if Wes were to move to a club like Wigan in January and thus following in Holt''s footsteps and probably after some input from the latter.

I would be really sad to see Wes go, if the manager has gone by the end of the month then Wes may find he is more involved for the rest of the season.

Shame to see yet another thread being ruined by the usual suspects!

Couldnt agree more VW , i started this thread as, living in Ireland i get to hear the''other side'' of the Wes or no Wes argument(he is much loved here BTW). His current rival for a start for Eire is Andy Reid, who is having a good season at forest,currently injured i think, so Wes may well start again tonight v poland, much tougher than Latvia. If you looked at the last page of posts you''d have no idea what the thread was, just playground bickering, I''ve only been a member of this MB a short while and although it can provide a few laughs it can also make me wince due to the bitterness of some posters.......but thats me going off topic now.

Yes, its crazy how yet another good discussion has been hijacked, please try and stop, perhaps you can start your own thread and have a one on one abuse filled thread with each other.

As I mentioned earlier I really cannot make my mind up on Wes, and even this week was thinking that it maybe a good time to play him this week after a couple of run outs for Ireland, he should have his game head on, have some confidence and be up to a decent match fitness level too. But, then I keep thinking that we need a more physical approach probably and that rules him out. 

Wes is a unique footballer and when he''s been at the top of his game, primarily under Lambert, he''s been absolutely fantastic to watch. If you like football, that is.

Problem is he does and always will have his flaws, primarily his physicality and lack of a second foot.

Which when we''re not playing two ''proper'' wingers is probably okay, as we have a more defensively minded midfield.

I understand the theory of playing him in the 4-4-1-1 though, and would hardly complain if he got a few games to prove himself.

DB if he plays well for Ireland tonight then it would be a good time to bring him back into the team IMO. I would like him to be given a chance in behind Hooper.

[quote user="hogesar"]Wes is a unique footballer and when he''s been at the top of his game, primarily under Lambert, he''s been absolutely fantastic to watch. If you like football, that is.

Problem is he does and always will have his flaws, primarily his physicality and lack of a second foot.

Which when we''re not playing two ''proper'' wingers is probably okay, as we have a more defensively minded v

midfield.

I understand the theory of playing him in the 4-4-1-1 though, and would hardly complain if he got a few games to prove himself.[/quote]

People always go on about his limitations. But over the last 4-5 years we''ve been a better team with him playing. So I''d ague on balance his positives far out weigh his negatives. His mistakes often get noticed as he''s trying to do the hard things other players simply won''t try. One things for sure you''ll never see hoolahan shy away from wanting the ball. Nor will you see him petulantly throw himself to the floor or stand still whinging towards the referee, aka snoddy and pilks.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 19/11/2013 1:

People always go on about his limitations. But over the last 4-5 years we''ve been a better team with him playing. So I''d ague on balance his positives far out weigh his negatives. His mistakes often get noticed as he''s trying to do the hard things other players simply won''t try. One things for sure you''ll never see hoolahan shy away from wanting the ball. Nor will you see him petulantly throw himself to the floor or stand still whinging towards the referee, aka snoddy and pilks.

Yep Lincoln, Wes on his day can frighten any defence, I hope he has a really good game tonight and comes back to camp buzzing, he is very much a confidence player, great for him to have the oppertunity to show what he can do.

And yet all the abuse and the two faced self righteous and sanctimonious opinions remain on this thread.

I started a thread where people could come clean. I hoped they''d then realise there''s two sides to every coin. But unfortunately the thread was deleted whilst this crap remains.

Lincoln''s point about Wes always wanting the ball is one that I''ve thought about many times over the past year - when he''s out of the team and we''re not playing particularly well (first half v West Ham being the most recent example) there rarely seems to be an option for the man on the ball, particularly out wide... Wes not only provides an attacking outlet, but always moves towards the ball when a team-mate is under pressure, and i feel we''ve missed that kind of pro-activity at times.

Of course, to be effective in doing that he needs to be given a free role to move around the pitch wherever he is needed, and I don''t really see that being possible with him as part of a midfield 3 - or even as the second striker in a 4-4-1-1.  I''m a big fan of Wes'' vision, touch and workrate, but don''t see how he fits into any of the set-ups that CH has employed.  The diamond brought out the best in him, but I can''t see us going back there.  maybe a lop-sided 4-2-2-2 (back 4 - Tettey/Fer - Pilks/Wes - Hooper/RVW) is a possibility, but again, unlikely (and probably not very sensible anyway!).

In any case, I can''t believe the stick he gets on here.  To my mind our best player over the last 4 seasons (and that includes Holt).

jb

Lincoln, I agree with you re his positives outweigh the negatives. If they didn''t he would''t have been such an influential player for us over the past few seasons.

With our most recent set-ups i don''t see him fitting in but as before a 4-4-1-1 with Wes in is (as CUSDP states) is the best we can have as he is the only real 10 we have,

We''ll know in around an hour if he''s starting tonite, i''ll post as a new thread, if he does start , all the talk is of a 4-4-1-1. Would be great for the club if he comes back buzzin and pushing for a place.

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 19/11/2013 5:47 PM:

We''ll know in around an hour if he''s starting tonite, i''ll post as a new thread, if he does start , all the talk is of a 4-4-1-1. Would be great for the club if he comes back buzzin and pushing for a place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]7th December 2011 if that helps and the guy you contacted was Robin Sainty and everybody involved in organising that night who I have spoken to clearly remember the empty front row reserved seats. [/quote] I vaguely remember this now, I dont remember the ins and outs tho so I''ll have to take your word for it. So, we said yes we''ll be there. And then we didn''t bother going? Hmmmm, and this was a major catastrophe and upset you why? We obviously had summat better to do. You seem to be implying that I/we cowardly backed out and no showed the event? The fact that I barely remember this tells it me I placed very little importance on attending in the first place. The question is tho, why are you dredging this up like you were genuinely inconvenienced and distraught at my absence and what f****** relevance does it have to anything now?[/quote]

As I was not spouting lies and it was not pure fantasy I will take this as an apology of sorts.[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And yet all the abuse and the two faced self righteous and sanctimonious opinions remain on this thread.

I started a thread where people could come clean. I hoped they''d then realise there''s two sides to every coin. But unfortunately the thread was deleted whilst this crap remains.

[/quote]

same as the thread i started for all the moaning, name calling and arguing to be in one place... deleted.. I even had the boards best interest at heart.

all we are saying, is give Peace a chance.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]7th December 2011 if that helps and the guy you contacted was Robin Sainty and everybody involved in organising that night who I have spoken to clearly remember the empty front row reserved seats. [/quote] I vaguely remember this now, I dont remember the ins and outs tho so I''ll have to take your word for it. So, we said yes we''ll be there. And then we didn''t bother going? Hmmmm, and this was a major catastrophe and upset you why? We obviously had summat better to do. You seem to be implying that I/we cowardly backed out and no showed the event? The fact that I barely remember this tells it me I placed very little importance on attending in the first place. The question is tho, why are you dredging this up like you were genuinely inconvenienced and distraught at my absence and what f****** relevance does it have to anything now?[/quote]

As I was not spouting lies and it was not pure fantasy I will take this as an apology of sorts.[Y]

[/quote]

Tilson ive PM''d you as people are obviously getting fed up with this petty argument, as am i. Came on this thread to talk about Wes and once again i have to deal with you.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Tilson ive PM''d you as people are obviously getting fed up with this petty argument, as am i. Came on this thread to talk about Wes and once again i have to deal with you.[/quote]

You have a reply but I must say the content and manner of your pm held no surprises for me.

Jesus christ you couple of idiots.

You do realise there is literally no point of using the PRIVATE message facility if after every time you send one you still make a post quoting pages of BS telling the other person you''ve sent a PM.

Unbearable.

Shame Wes had only 20 mins last night but from what I have read he didn''t make much of an impact.