Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Bradley Johnson and the Joey Barton incident

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/norwich-city/9028157/soccer-am-bradley-johnsonGreat little video from Soccer AMGot to Love Grant Holt !

Time for people to pipe down about Grant Holt now.

Yes we miss a leader on the pitch, but Holt is past his best and not up to this league anymore.

2 goals in 10 appearances in the Championship for Wigan show that, especially as one was a penalty.

Holt said he wanted to move up north, but the Premier League was always his dream. If he felt capable of playing in this league for another season he would have done.

He didn''t though, because he new his legs were going. He had time out last season with a hamstring injury, more time out with a back injury, and time out this season already with a knee injury.

His body is failing him, he isn''t the player that he was a couple of years ago, and I''d be surprised if he was still playing in two years unless it is a swansong for Carlisle in league one.

Time to move on. Great leader, no longer great player, end of story.

I think you''ll find that I wrote it in past tense. I used "was".

Still, 8 goals last year was a fantastic return in a defensive minded team.

It was time to move on. Just a shame he wasn''t played to his strengths and he would''ve def been higher in the all time top scorers.

I really don''t know whether we would have got away with playing Lambert football in our second season. Lambert even said himself he didn''t think he could take us any further - some say he bottled it because he foresore a relegation on his CV.

I can''t fault a single one of Hughton''s signings last year apart from the Becchio panic buy. He was left with a squad full of Championship standard players who had massively overachieved and were starting to show themselves as out of depth towards the end of the Lambert season (check out our results in the second half of the season).

Hughton got his budget and he decided to invest it in the defence rather than the attack. Nobody knows whether that was the right or wrong decision, but I couldn''t imagine a back four of Tierney, Ward, Barnett and Martin having continued to succeed in this division.

Playing Holt to his strengths pretty much involved playing 4-4-2 and sticking the ball in the box..... bit primative. I just don''t think Hughton could have pulled it off without big investment on a strike partner.... Jackson, Morison, Kane or Martin..... those were his options for going 4-4-2.

Can kind of understand why he opted for 4-5-1.

At the end of the day though there was a good reason why Lambert didn''t try and sign Holt and instead looked elsewhere. He ended up buying Benteke after going to go and watch Vossen, and his backup was Fingbossan.

He didn''t try and sign Holt because he knew his time was running out.

If you think Lambert bottled a second season in the Prem because he feared relegation, then I don''t think you know him very well. And if that was his reason for leaving then why would he go and join Villa?

Doesn''t stack up does it.

No I don''t know Paul Lambert, how did you two meet?

He quite clearly stated not long before leaving that he didn''t know if he could take us any further.

Hughton came on board and finished above him in the league.

He bottled it, full credit to Hughton. I was delighted when we beat Lambert''s league position - Hughton 1-0 Lambert.

This coaching staff did Holty no favours and they are not a roaring success with our multi million pound strike force either.

Btw Holty has been injured for most of the season and has been used as a sub during his rehab. He set up the Wigan goal last game. Of course he is slowing down as age catches up but I still wish he was on the pitch as our captain but not of course with this coaching set up

Ah just seen your last effort Juge. So you think Hughton is a better manager than Lambert do you?

Well it''s a game of opinions isn''t it.

For me that Johnson piece speaks volumes of the character and quality of Lambert and Holt

Holt made his return from injury on 6th October. He isn''t in "rehab", as he started a game soon after and is being used from the bench in some games because he isn''t scoring any goals.

13 appearances and 2 goals in all competitions, one of those a penalty.

No goals in his 4 starts + 4 sub appearances since returning from injury.

And the most telling stat of all is that Wigan have won just 1 of the 9 games that he has started for this them season.

They have won 5 of the 10 that he hasn''t started.

I don''t enjoy saying it, but the bloke is failing at Wigan - full stop.

Do I think Hughton is a better manager than Lambert?

No.

Do I think that Hughton did an excellent job coming into a job with a modest budget having to contend with an overachieving squad of players who had been playing one dimensional football and had been truly sussed out by the end of Lambert''s first season?

Yes.

Do I think that Lambert could have done a better job than Hughton last season?

Probably not.

Do I think that Lambert is a tad bit over-rated and Hughton a tad bit under-rated?

Yes.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I really don''t know whether we would have got away with playing Lambert football in our second season. Lambert even said himself he didn''t think he could take us any further - some say he bottled it because he foresore a relegation on his CV.

I can''t fault a single one of Hughton''s signings last year apart from the Becchio panic buy. He was left with a squad full of Championship standard players who had massively overachieved and were starting to show themselves as out of depth towards the end of the Lambert season (check out our results in the second half of the season).

Hughton got his budget and he decided to invest it in the defence rather than the attack. Nobody knows whether that was the right or wrong decision, but I couldn''t imagine a back four of Tierney, Ward, Barnett and Martin having continued to succeed in this division.

Playing Holt to his strengths pretty much involved playing 4-4-2 and sticking the ball in the box..... bit primative. I just don''t think Hughton could have pulled it off without big investment on a strike partner.... Jackson, Morison, Kane or Martin..... those were his options for going 4-4-2.

Can kind of understand why he opted for 4-5-1.

At the end of the day though there was a good reason why Lambert didn''t try and sign Holt and instead looked elsewhere. He ended up buying Benteke after going to go and watch Vossen, and his backup was Fingbossan.

He didn''t try and sign Holt because he knew his time was running out.[/quote]yes25 points in the second half against 22 in the first half

ok, the last quarter then (end of the last Lambert season)same points average 1.22 per game as the first half of the seasonout of their depth ?

Are we supposed to like Lambert?

Is it OK for me for me to just continue disliking him?

I would much rather dislike the fist-pumping "I don''t care if Norwich get relegated" short fat-faced mumbling little greedy Scottish cnut if it is OK with you.

Lambert 12th.

Hughton 11th, League Cup QF

That''s the record of each in one full season in the Premier League at Carrow Road.

FACT.

"ok, the last quarter then (end of the last Lambert season)"

You tell me how you have divided 38 games into quarters and I will reply in greater depth.

You can dislike him all you want, there''s no need to make things up to try and back that up though. He''ll go down as one of our greatest ever mangers and deserves more respect than that.

I''ll respect him when he announces his retirement, or dies.

Until then he is the man who lied about being happy at Norwich, walked out on us to join Villa a few days later, tried to sue our club for £2m, and then said he didn''t care if we went down. The elaborate over the type fist pumps whenever Villa score at Carrow Road - usually aimed towards the directors box but witnessed by our fans.

Nah, don''t respect him. Respect his achievements perhaps, but he doesn''t have respect for Norwich fans or the club and therefore I couldn''t give a rats backside about Lambert and don''t even wish him success.

He is irrelevant, and remember:

Lambert: 12th

Hughton: 11th, League Cup QF

FACT

I could just as easily say:

Lambert: 47 points, 5th round of FA Cup (lost to Championship Leicester)

Hughton: 44 points, 4th round of FA Cup (lost to non league Luton)

FACT

Lambert definitely bottled it and ran. He was afforded more funds at a club he considered bigger and better than us. Full of respect for him for what he did for us but all he cares about is himself. We used eachother and both got what we want and should just move on from it.

Points are on relative in relation to the number of points acquired by other teams in the same season. But how about:

HUGHTON

Premier League: 11th

FA Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: Quarter-Final

Games Won (All Comps): 14

Games Drawn (All Comps): 14

Games Lost (All Comps): 16

Goals Scored (All Comps): 50

Goals Conceded (All Comps): 65

Goal Difference (All Comps): -15

Premier League Points: 44

Defeat Percentage: 36%

LAMBERT

Premier League: 12th

FA Cup: 5th Round

League Cup: 2nd Round

Games Won (All Comps): 14

Games Drawn (All Comps): 10

Games Lost (All Comps): 17

Goals Scored (All Comps): 59

Goals Conceded (All Comps): 74

Goal Difference (All Comps): -15

Premier League Points: 47

Defeat Percentage: 42%

So we lost more games under Lambert, we conceded more goals under Lambert, our goal difference was exactly the same under Lambert, we won exactly the same number of games under Lambert, we did better in the cups under Hughton.

But apparently Lambert is some sort of tactical genius who got everything right. It was worth 3 more points but at the cost of rolling over in the League Cup.

We lost 42% of our games under Lambert, 36% under Hughton. That is a fact. They are all facts.

How can somebody be honest with themselves, free of agenda, and look at those stats and put a cigarette paper between the record of the two?

Premier League Record....

HUGHTON

Wins: 10

Draws: 14

Losses: 14

LAMBERT

Wins: 12

Draws: 11

Losses: 15

Hughton turned two defeats into draws, and one defeat into a draw. That''s it. Nothing more nothing less. Lambert had the benefit of getting knocked out of the League Cup immediately, that was probably the difference.

Yet apparently one is a managerial genius and the other is a clueless twonk. Glad you can differentiate between their records.

There is a valid argument towards Hughtons style of football being less entertaining - but that isn''t the argument here is it, because you specifically asked me whether I think Hughton is a better manager than Lambert. My answer is no, but I don''t think Lambert is any better than Hughton either. More exciting yes, but "better" in a results driven business? Well not really?

Oh dearanother troll posting liesand were starting to show themselves as out of depth towards the end of

the Lambert season (check out our results in the second half of the

season).

a clear lie - see figures above

""I don''t care if Norwich get relegated"another liewhat he actually said was -

"Would I prefer both Villa and Norwich to survive? No. It''s all about us now.

There''s no sentiment in football."

but he doesn''t have respect for Norwich fans or the club or what he has said -" I''ve got a lot of respect for Norwich City as a football club,

there''s some really good people there"

tried to sue our club for £2mor in reality he was oede that money which was being wrongly with held by NCFC whilst they were in dispute with Aston Villa. NCFC subsequently paid him that money

"walked out on us"or perhaps there is more to his departure that the ill informed rants of another sh it stirring trollas in -"Things happened there that should never have happened, but they happened.

Maybe one day [I''ll speak about it] when I''m about 80. Maybe then people

will know the truth of what happened," he said.

(Lambert)

However if you are still unsure of the measure of the OP then, aside from how he has conveniently ommitted this season''s figures when comparing the two managers, I think this in itself is enough -short fat-faced mumbling little greedy Scottish ** as I wonder what would be the thoughts of many if Chris Hughton''s parentage/nationality, physical characteristics and speech pattern why to be used in such an offensive manner ...nevermind what the two asterisks stand for I shall refrain from any comparisons with other trolls as the last comment says it all

City 1st, just because has a differing view to you does not make them a shit-stirring Troll.

You have a bad attitude Sonny - this Forum would be a better place without you.

"as I wonder what would be the thoughts of many if Chris Hughton''s parentage/nationality, physical characteristics and speech pattern why to be used in such an offensive manner ...nevermind what the two asterisks stand for"

What Chris Hughton the mild-mannered, humble and well-spoken Anglo-Irish gentleman? That''s how football knows Chris Hughton.

Clearly you forgot all about this City1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtZdoFZ6kxE

"I''m delighted I''m at Norwich, I''ve never said I''ve wanted away, not a thing have I said. People jump to conclusions".

Days before leaving.

Zero integrity.

oh dearI did wonder which troll would be the first to crawl outDiffering view, eh ?Or lies to the rest of us

[quote user="Le Juge"]"as I wonder what would be the thoughts of many if Chris Hughton''s parentage/nationality, physical characteristics and speech pattern why to be used in such an offensive manner ...nevermind what the two asterisks stand for"

What Chris Hughton the mild-mannered, humble and well-spoken Anglo-Irish gentleman? That''s how football knows Chris Hughton.

Clearly you forgot all about this City1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtZdoFZ6kxE

"I''m delighted I''m at Norwich, I''ve never said I''ve wanted away, not a thing have I said. People jump to conclusions".

Days before leaving.

Zero integrity.[/quote]Now lets have an explanation for the false quotesFor the misrepresentation concerning the money he was owedThe incorrect claims that were stated as fact about the figures, and why you have not included this season''s figures when comparing the two managers

As to the youtube clip it merely demonstrates how clueless you are .................. unless you can give us (an accurate) quote of where Lambert had said prior to that comment that he wanted away. He did not as you well know.Sadly you do not know what happened in the interim period between that comment and his departure. Unfortunately in the real world things happen, things are said and things change.Maybe it would be better if you confined you comments to what is actually fact and stop making up sh it to stir trouble.

"or perhaps there is more to his departure that the ill informed rants of another sh it stirring troll"

And perhaps there are not. There are two sides to every argument, but I''ll take McNally and Bowketts side because they are still here at the club and McNally is not. To doubt McNally and Bowkett''s version of events would be to doubt their integrity and to imply that they are liars. Something which you would have no problems doing, clearly.

We always hear that McNally is a hard nosed businessman, business and football are/is a tough world, McNally and Lambert are both big tough men. They wanted to fight it out. I don''t watch a boxing match as a neutral, I pick my corner and stand by it. I''m picking the yellow corner, you can pick another if you want.

No man is bigger than the club, I support the club. The men get my support whilst they are here, I don''t give a damn about them once they are gone.

All of your fawning and Lambert-apologist nonsense makes me feel nauseous. If you love him so much go and support Villa or buy a retro Celtic top with Lambert on the back. I support Norwich and the men and women at the club right now - including McNally, Bowkett, and Hughton.

Maybe there was more to the story, maybe Lambert did feel his position was made untenable, maybe he wanted to stay. But I''ll take McNally''s and Bowkett''s version of events - including the two previous attempts/threats to leave, and including the Lambert hissy fit whilst Bowkett was in Germany - and if you want to use baseless speculation in defence of the side that you have chosen then guess what..... I don''t want to hear it, shove it up your backside, McNally & Bowkett are on our side. You support the enemy then you become the enemy. You bloody binner.

If I have to pick a side in an ugly two-sided affair, full of half truths and nasty bitterness, then I will choose the nasty bitter w*nk*rs who sit and support the yellow and green - thank you.

Ooooh, someone''s still bitter, hurt and angry over Lambert! I''m not sure many would be this bitter towards even an ex-girlfriend who dumped them, over a year ago What this thread shows is that Le Juge did indeed rate Lambert very, very highly hence why he is being such an immature cry baby.

If your girlfriend was a bit boring, not that good looking and not that great in bed then after over a year I doubt you''d be too fussed anymore about her dumping you. However if your girlfriend had a great personality, was drop dead gorgeous and unbelievable in bed and you thought she''d done the dirty on you, then it would be more understandable that someone would still feel bitter about it.

Jesus, have you even lived Le Plop? You''re opinion on this comes across as extremely naive and immature. There is a big bad world out there and in football in general there is little sentiment or loyalty from anyone.