Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Interview with Chris Hughton

I have just found out I am interviewing Chris Hughton for a personality piece at 4 today and am currently preparing some questions and bullet points. I thought some of you may be able to help with questions you would like to ask on his part, present and future? Please be quick though i have to furnish this to my Editor by 3!!

Ask him why, even when we''re losing and need a goal (or seven) will he not play Becchio..... before he came to us he was a goal machine,and i know it was the championship ,but if he only scores a third of what he did in that league ,would give us 6-7 by christmas! will wolf or hoops reach that by then?

Are you satisfied with the progress made so far this season considering the money we have spent and is our current points total what you expected ?

Please ask him whether he envisages any arrivals in the January window.

I''d also like to know why he doesn''t give Becchio minutes, as he is clearly a capable player.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Ask him why, even when we''re losing and need a goal (or seven) will he not play Becchio..... before he came to us he was a goal machine,and i know it was the championship ,but if he only scores a third of what he did in that league ,would give us 6-7 by christmas! will wolf or hoops reach that by then?[/quote]

What''s happened to Becchio is a complete mystery. Chrissy does seem to have the unfortunate knack of destroying all the self confidence and attacking flair in strikers. I think he would do just the same to the likes of a Robin van Persie or Christiano Ronaldo if we were lucky enough to but them. So far he''s killed the confidence in at least 5 or 6 strikers at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="fetchyafathersgun"]Til thats perfect..will use.[/quote]

It''s not going to be the most challenging or original interview then.
[/quote]

Thanks for your contribution and help on this thread.

Is it harder to manage a dressing room with more foreign players.

What are the negatives and positives so far from this season.

Have you identified where the team needs further strengthening or can this weakness be addressed by change in tactics and/or player positions.

Does the management team need tweaking, ie is there a need/scope for a tactician as in all major sports.

H

How his experiences as a player have influenced his approach to management? Such as managers that he has tried to emulate, his defensive priorities etc..

If you''re doing a personality piece try not to get so specific on current Norwich issues - keep questions fairly broad on things such as why he wanted to get into management after being an assitant for so long, which other managers/coaches have influenced him most, whether he considered quitting management after the problems at Newcastle etc.

He''s not going to give indepth answers about Norwich City tactics or players so you will just be wasting your time with that line of questioning. Keep things broad and if something you feel is particulary interesting pops up, ask for examples. Hughton is too media savvy to bad mouth players or staff he is working with or has worked with in the past so don''t ask silly questions about Becchio. If you are lucky you might be able to get a reply to the comments from Holt and Morison regarding his management style.

ask him if hes as nice as everyone thinks he is

also ask him how he does that weird two tone thing with his hair

then ask him if he ever browses the pink un forum

then tell him we think hes rubbish and will be sacked by xmas

Is he fed up with being the go-to man whenever racism rears its ugly head in football? Or does he just accept it being one of the only high profile black managers?

Probably a bit late.

How does he manage to hold his head up in public when there are hundreds of posters on here who apparently know more about managing a football club than he does?

Have you, Mr Hughton, really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

[quote user="Orly"]Have you, Mr Hughton, really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/quote]

Can someone translate into English please ?[*-)][8-)]

[quote user="Orly"]Have you, Mr Hughton, really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/quote]Nope, Google translate can''t sort that one out. [:S]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 20/11/2013 1:29 PM:

Are you satisfied with the progress made so far this season considering the money we have spent and is our current points total what you expected ?

Great question Tilly

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 20/11/2013 1:24 PM:

Ask him why, even when we''re losing and need a goal (or seven) will he not play Becchio..... before he came to us he was a goal machine,and i know it was the championship ,but if he only scores a third of what he did in that league ,would give us 6-7 by christmas! will wolf or hoops reach that by then?

I''d love to hear the answer to that one wc, it''s a mystery?

[quote user="iron_stan"]ask him if hes as nice as everyone thinks he is

also ask him how he does that weird two tone thing with his hair

then ask him if he ever browses the pink un forum

then tell him I think hes rubbish and will be sacked by xmas
[/quote]

There we go Stan