Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Now that we're MASSIVE and everything...

Do you still consider the Blue filth to be our biggest rivals?I do. Always will. Some of the stick I''ve had from their fans over years isnt forgotten just like that.

It''s the local aspect for me. Might be 40 odd miles from the filthy place but the rivalry is as fierce as any derby in football (prehaps not the Old Firm but then those guys are nutjobs).

Do you consider the scum to be our biggest rivals still? If not who?

Rival to me sounds like they compete against us, in that respect, no.

in respect of club I most despise? yes yes yes yes and yes again.

I wish I could post pictures on here however this forum isn''t chrome compatible, but there was a picture yesterday on FB that made me laugh. what the map of europe would look like if it was done in football teams. and shocker - East Anglia was entirely taken up by good ol'' Norwich!

They will always be our local rivals despite the distance between the clubs being significant when compared to most other local rivalries, it is a fierce rivalry and I really miss the regular local derbies. Would love to see us draw them in the FA Cup this season as I personally dont think we will be playing them next season or for a few seasons yet otherwise. 

I guess I''m in the minority here, but I don''t actually consider them rivals anymore. I mean, I understand there is some historical significance in our connection, but what exactly do they rival us in? Based on pretty much any demographic you can come up with, they''re not even close.. Match attendance, income, player quality, even influence in the footballing world. Just take a look at Twitter as an example. The official club pages aren''t remotely comparable: Norwich - 157,000+, Ipswich 25,000!

They''re a spent force, and in this day and age where revenue is such a big factor for any club, I can''t see them ever catching us up. The gap widens year on year.

Of course, they could be bought up by some rich Russian oligarch, but I can''t imagine they''re an attractive prospect for anyone wanting to invest.

Poor Ipswich. LOL.

There is something special about destroying our bin dipping foes. My greatest ever feeling was when the 5th goal went in during the second of the demolition Derbies. The best goal celebration I ever had at an away game excepting maybe Simeon''s goal at Pompey

CrystalCanary - thing is, that gap can slam shut with alarming speed. It was only 10 yrs ago that they finished 5th in the Prem and we were struggling down in the championship. If we got relegated again and didn''t come back up within a couple of seasons we would quickly be reduced to pretty much their level again. OK the debt wouldn''t be quite so big ;) and our stadium is nicer, and our training facilities much better, but everything else could end up the same again! Likewise, if they luck upon a Lambert-like manager they could end up in the Prem getting £60m a year. The chasm between us is only huge whilst we''re in different leagues.

Being in South Norfolk, that rivalry is most definitely there! But they''re incredibly quiet. I remember waving the Norwich flag when we were heading down into League one.