Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Tim Cahill

Sky reporting New York Red Bulls are looking to Loan Cahill in January to keep him sharp.

the report says he is possibly open to a 6 month return to the premiership.

is he realistic enough for us? he''d certainly add something.

Always liked Tim Cahill, he''s sharp and brave and must be a pain in the hole to defend against. Although i''ve just looked him up...he''s 34! is he as quick as he was?

He could link up with our strikers very well. Had a very impressive record with Everton averaging 9 goals a season. Is 33 now and unsure how he''s been playing in the US (12 goals implies not too badly) and if it didn''t cost the Earth I would think it could be a good deal for us. As to whether it''s realistic, I''m not sure if he''d want the challenge at a club like us for six months.

I think on a short term loan its worth the risk Wcorkcanary...

an on form and fit Cahill will certainly bring something to the side.. i''d say he''s a realistic target too

He''d do a better job than Elmander I think. Imagine how many goals we''d score with his head on the end of a Snodgrass corner/free kick.

I''d be delighted to have him for a couple of months in their off season. He''s just the sort of player we need and someone for Howson to aspire to as he plays a similar role now. He''d do as that missing number 10 then we can wait until summer and have a proper search for one.

Quality player and I''ve always said that we are missing a Cahill or a Kevin Nolan (basically any attacking midfielder who can score goals frequently).

It is the major flaw in Hughton''s 4-5-1 system, other teams who play one up front have goals somewhere in their midfield.

I''d love him here in the short term. Players returning from the MLS have typically done alright..... Robbie Keane and Thierry Henry both came back and made an impact.

Beckham went to Milan and did well (first time anyway).

But..... would rather Clint Dempsey, think Seattle will want to keep him sharp?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d be delighted to have him for a couple of months in their off season. He''s just the sort of player we need and someone for Howson to aspire to as he plays a similar role now. He''d do as that missing number 10 then we can wait until summer and have a proper search for one.[/quote]

To be fair Howson is already a better footballer.

Cahill was very good at being a threat in the penalty box. He was (is) a decent enough player but what made him stand out a bit was that Everton got the best out of him by getting him in the box. A bit like Grant Holt, in a way. Not the greatest player ever but get him the ball in the danger zone and he''ll stick it in the net somehow.

Howson is a better player outside the box but we''re not exactly playing him the way you''d play Cahill.

Not for me, he''d be another Sibierski, who when we signed him I has memories of him at his best and we ended up with him at his worst. FRom the summer activities my guess is we would be back in for one of the failed signings as it''s clear that Elmander is a stop gap signing and probably one we didnt even know about.  

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Add Landon Donovan to that list, he was a fans favourite at Everton.[/quote]

my thoughts entirely Jimmy , Donovan would have been a very Mellow Yellow, those american players are as fit as a butchers dog. Fans Fav cos of workrate.