Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Killing Two Birds with One Stone.

Dear All, I live in Ireland and its v Expensive to travel over to see home games as tickets, when available, are released last minute...making flights prohibitively pricey. My mother is in her upper eighties and lives in Stalham. If any Season Ticket holder is aware of a game in the new year that they will be unable to attend, i will happily pay that days face value and be able to book a reasonably priced flight, see me mam and the match...Everyones a winner.!!! I await replies, both helpful....and otherwise. Cheers.

Thanks for that NUC, but i was looking for something after the holday period, late Jan through to end of season, so i can plan my trip and take advantage of cheaper flights.

Thanks for that rocket man, i do support my local team , in fact i have been coaching at the club for the last 9 years. I also run a local academy for the best players in the region, regularly recycle, and wear a hat made of tofu. is it ok with you if i come over to watch the club i''ve supported for 42 years, or do i need to offset some more carbon.

Big shock!

Rocket man is just another account from one of the serial trolls. Probably from the same genius who brought is Mungo Bumpkin and co.

Anyway wcork, I think it''s pretty likely you''ll get a ticket so I wouldn''t worry too much about that side of things. And on the subject of last minute flights, I''m sure I read recently they are cheaper than booking way in advance, because they want to fill the seats. If they have any left.

Thanks Pele but take it from me, using Ryanair or Aerlingus, booking when there''s an offer on is def the cheapest. when i won the competition for the vip arsenal trip (won on the weds evening before sats game) the flight was €360 rtn!!! if i''d had to pay that myself i couldnt have taken up the prize. I am interested in any game , not particularly bothered about the opposition, from end jan to end of season.

Sort out your flight and I am sure someone on here can arrange a ticket, or at least remind you when they go on sale.

[quote user="Rocket man "]Have u ever considered supporting your local team it would be cheaper and much more environmentally friendly?[/quote]

I suppose you''ll be saying people should work where they live soon, in fact, stay where they are born?

That''s what Rocket Man did Jimmy. They don''t even marry outside the family where he''s from.

WCork - You will be absolutely fine if you are not planning on seeing us play one of the big six. Games nearly always go to general sale and if you think about it, the cost of a membership allowing you to buy a ticket a few days early will easily be offset by the savings you make on the flights.

Worst comes to the worst, book your flight, and if you''re unsuccessful with a membership, then general sale, the money you save from prebooking your flights will still make it cheaper if you got a hospitality ticket and really made a day of it.

Thanks for all that Howson and Herman ,you are probably right about membership...i''ll look into it, i do have some form of membership as i''ve bought pre season friendy tickets and youth cup final tickets off the ncfc website. I dont often get the chance during the season proper as i''m caught up with youth footy here.

P.S. thanks for all the constructive help and warmth Rocketman, you are a credit to the Club, its Players and Supporters...i sincerely hope i can return the favour some day.

[quote user="Mark rivers "]Have u ever considered supporting your local team it would be cheaper and much more environmentally friendly?[/quote]There is obviously also the issue of seeing your mother which would technically make the above attempt at witticism/environmentalism completely irrelevant. However, may I suggest you perhaps, rather than seeing your own mother, try out visiting some local Irish mums after you have watched your new team? I can suggest a few decent websites to try out if you''d like to find some.