Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

RVW to miss newcastle

There was an element of "luck" about the cross but there was nothing lucky about the header, it was just deadly.

I''m sure RVW will be a very good finisher if we get the chances to him but before he got injured we were basically expecting him to feed off scraps - at best.

I will now agree with City 2nd in as far as RvW does not suit our game. Perhaps we would be far better off suiting our game to him!

The goal scored shows what he can do given a reasonable cross, whether it was lucky or not (and it was lucky), a cross which came in from the right from the right foot of a player who had broken forward quite quickly and delivered an early cross.

There lies the problem ........ those crosses are few and far between.

So we pay £8.5 million for a striker, and the manager continues to play to a system that doesn''t suit that player?  Hughton OUT.

[quote user="OldRobert"]So we pay £8.5 million for a striker, and the manager continues to play to a system that doesn''t suit that player?  Hughton OUT.[/quote]

I could not agree more

I don''t believe I am a mainstream ''over-reacter'' and I have been around the club since 1973....but I really want this club to have a passionate and tactically savvy coach.

CH may have some of the latter, but I don''t see any evidence of the former.

For a club of our limited means, to be able to flourish we need to have a coach who brings out the best in player''s psyches, not just their skills and organisational talents.

I do not believe that Paul Lambert''s ilk is necessarily the answer, but I do believe we need someone who can inspire his team.

CH?

I don''t sense it...

Please find someone who can fire this talented bunch of individuals into a cohesive whole....

9 million quid and one goal.... "injured" for the entire season before being released on free and playing in the Dutch 3rd division...

Lets pretend he never signed...