Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

RVW to miss newcastle

He''d be a fool not to ignore the clubs medical staff and listen to you instead, in fact why doesn''t the club save a few bob and lay off the medical team altogether and just do twitter consultations?

[quote user="Rocket man "][quote user="OldRobert"]Don''t bother Gingerpele, you''re wasting your time.[/quote]

To be honest so am I. Am going onto twitter and whack into the source of the sore toe and shame him into doing right by the club[/quote]

Go on then... You posted this 12 minuets ago, i''ve just checked the tweets to RVW (pretty simple) and there is no one guilting him onto ''doing right by the club''. Lols.

[quote user="Rocket man "]

To be honest so am I. Am going onto twitter and whack into the source of the sore toe and shame him into doing right by the club[/quote]You''re winding us up right, no one could be that obsessed?[*-)]

We aint arf'' got some nob heads supporting us, haven''t we?

Stick to Roswell and "Tierneys x ing Morisons x" you conspiracy theory nutjobs.

He''s injured, that''s it. Why are some people so incredibly stupid?

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Will he ever play for us again???????[/quote]Please tell me this isn''t a serious question.  He will play for us when he''s fully recovered from his injury.  Surely we would much rather he took the time for it to heal properly than risk making it worse in the long run.

If he had played when he wasn''t fit and had underperformed or got injured again people would have absolutely slaughtered the management team. Now because he is not playing and the club have taken a precaution people are slaughtering RVW for being soft. Sometimes you really cannot win as a manager.

Don''t really see the problem here - he hasn''t ''played'' since the season started, and has scored one lucky goal, and lucky it was too. Hooper looks a far more accomplished striker and a lot bigger threat than RVW. I find it amazing that today Hughton has to use the back pages of EDP sport to defend his 8.5m misfit stating he will come good blah blah blah.

He will not come good playing the system NCFC play as many other NCFC strikers have found to their cost under Hughton whose slow build up mandate produces a lack of pace that does little and nothing to create decent crosses for a striker. Hooper is a predatory six yard box striker who feeds of bits and pieces and defender mistakes whereas RVW might run about, get far too wide, hold the ball up, but he does not get into similar goal scoring situations. Hooper has proved himself in all other English leagues as a goals order - RVW hasn''t, and looks far too lightweight to succeed at this level IMO.

[quote user="Buh"]

We aint arf'' got some nob heads supporting us, haven''t we?

Stick to Roswell and "Tierneys x ing Morisons x" you conspiracy theory nutjobs.

He''s injured, that''s it. Why are some people so incredibly stupid?

[/quote]

They aren''t. They are simply wind up merchants who think they are funny, commonly known as trolls. Although stupidity and trolling do tend to go hand in hand...

City 2nd. What on earth are you on about. Have you actually watched RVW play for us, or anyone else?

His goal was not lucky at all. It was a lovely header form a good cross. He''s frequently in those positions, nearly scored a very similar goal. But most of the rest of the crossing has been very poor. And the defenders already have an advantage, even more so when the ball is either coming in 20 seconds too late, not at all, or into the wrong area.

His movement is class, he is a predator. Against Chelsea his link up play was fantastic. He isn''t lightweight. Of course he will come good, he''s a quality player who was finding his feet in a very different league for a very different team. As you said hooper has done it all in England, still took him a few league games too look good,

[quote user="Gingerpele"]City 2nd. What on earth are you on about. Have you actually watched RVW play for us, or anyone else? His goal was not lucky at all. It was a lovely header form a good cross. He''s frequently in those positions, nearly scored a very similar goal. But most of the rest of the crossing has been very poor. And the defenders already have an advantage, even more so when the ball is either coming in 20 seconds too late, not at all, or into the wrong area. His movement is class, he is a predator. Against Chelsea his link up play was fantastic. He isn''t lightweight. Of course he will come good, he''s a quality player who was finding his feet in a very different league for a very different team. As you said hooper has done it all in England, still took him a few league games too look good,[/quote]

That is why I was so happy to see Elliott Bennett play really well in the first game against Everton and also why I was so gutted when he got injured at the end of it. Hope he comes back strong and can keep the confidence he had in that game

Lets face it, some people were chomping at the bit to see ricky fail, and still are. they couldn''t wait to stick the boot in. It''s the price tag, the fact he''s got a last name that isn''t "Smith" (scares some of the yokels)

Fact is, they have put the boot in too early... again! they never learn, so intensely stupid I find it very amusing.

Ricky is going to come good and be a quality player, it is inevitable. In the mean time we had the foresight to recruit other strikers while he is recovering, that''s how a squad works in football, I know it''s a hard concept for some.

So those that doubt Ricky and think it''s all a conspiracy to get rid of Becchio and David Fox and Cody McDonald, the greatest footballers that have ever lived, re-adjust your tinfoil hats 

The wolf would score plenty if CH stopped playing untra defensive and he actually got some proper chances

I once played with a badly bruised shin ............ but I didn''t play when I had a broken leg.

Neither you or I know the extent of the injury or the seriousness of it.

I do depair at some of the comments from so called ''supporters''.

As for City Ist''s assessment of RvW, I would suggest you go back to watching the Under 10s play, it''s easier to pick out the good players.

Come on GP, a lovely header from a good cross - it was a miss hit shot from Whittaker (by his own admission) that hit RVW on the head - and I was sitting right behind the goal as I do every home game!

So yes I have seen RVW play, yes, he covers ground, he holds the ball up, but doesn''t distribute well and doesn''t link up well - if he did he would score goals - he doesn''t get into the box enough to do that, and he is lightweight. He simply does not fit our style of play whereas I think Hooper does more. Hooper has done more than RVW in one match and one cup match.

When lightweights get injured they always tend to be out for long periods - not saying he isn''t injured, but recovery period is amazing considering it''s a toe injury, between which he made a subs appearance and came on!!

Dave wrote the following post at 2013-11-22 11:27 AM:

The wolf would score plenty if CH stopped playing untra defensive and he actually got some proper chances

Dave my point exactly - RVW doesn''t fit our style of play, he needs it to be open attacking football with crosses to feed from into the area which he can attack. Hooper scores the majority of his goals in the six yard box from crumbs, or running onto through balls et al Watford. I have not seen RVW make one such run in his playing time so far to be one/one with a defender or keeper! Sorry GP but I think you are missing my point - i am not attacking RVW personally, I just don''t think he suits our pattern of play at all, and I do not see him scoring any more than 5/6 this season, assuming he gets into the side after injury or not.

Never would have guessed you were a river ender!

Bet you still threw your shawl onto the pitch when we scored that "fluke" goal though, eh?

Complete nutjob. It''s okay, keep slating him. The more you do the more you look like a redneck fool.

"Yer not frum around dease are ya bor?" *loads shotgun*

[quote user="Gingerpele"]City 2nd. What on earth are you on about. Have you actually watched RVW play for us, or anyone else? His goal was not lucky at all. It was a lovely header from a good cross. He''s frequently in those positions, nearly scored a very similar goal. But most of the rest of the crossing has been very poor. And the defenders already have an advantage, even more so when the ball is either coming in 20 seconds too late, not at all, or into the wrong area. His movement is class, he is a predator. Against Chelsea his link up play was fantastic. He isn''t lightweight. Of course he will come good, he''s a quality player who was finding his feet in a very different league for a very different team. As you said hooper has done it all in England, still took him a few league games too look good,[/quote]I agree with everything there apart from the bold bit.  It was not ''a good cross'' it was a complete mishit by Whittaker which somehow landed on his head.  That being said, it was a fantastic finish.

Hahaha "somehow landed on his head" what a thing to say!!

We need to be clear here folks, which players revolted, who was on the beach and how did that ball accidentally fall on to his head and land so neatly in the corner of the net.

Buh wrote the following post at 2013-11-22 1:00 PM:

Never would have guessed you were a river ender!

Bet you still threw your shawl onto the pitch when we scored that "fluke" goal though, eh?

Complete nutjob. It''s okay, keep slating him. The more you do the more you look like a redneck fool.

"Yer not frum around dease are ya bor?" *loads shotgun*

Does it matter where I sit? At least I was there, and am every week. So yes, I am from around here, not that it matters! And as I said, who is slating him - read the post - I do not think he suits our style of play.

CH purchased RVW and Hooper ''to address our scoring problem'' from last season. So you explain to me what RVW has brought to that statement from our manager!

And yes, I don''t care how they go in, I want us to win every game, and if will throw my shawl on the pitch when that happens, be it RVW, a Hooper or Ruddy!

But at least I am there to be able to do it! You?

If you are asking if I''m a season ticket holder then the answer is yes friend.

I guess the difference is I believe in hooper and RVW as strikers of excellent quality and while the system hasn''t been perfect by any means I believe they will prove their quality, and I''m willing to wait to see that.

I prefer this position over the "remain negative to appear right if it does go wrong or just say "I''m happy to have been proven wrong" if it goes right" method.

It''s always struck me as cowardly, frankly.

[quote user="Buh"]Hahaha "somehow landed on his head" what a thing to say!!

We need to be clear here folks, which players revolted, who was on the beach and how did that ball accidentally fall on to his head and land so neatly in the corner of the net.[/quote]How would you explain it then ''Buh'', Whitaker''s shot could have ended up anywhere, 9/10 it would have sailed into the crowd.

Maybe, just maybe, ricky used his talent and instincts as striker to anticipate the trajectory of the ball!! I know it''s a long shot but maybe one of our players actually did something right!

[quote user="Buh"]Maybe, just maybe, ricky used his talent and instincts as striker to anticipate the trajectory of the ball!! I know it''s a long shot but maybe one of our players actually did something right![/quote]Lol ok then.I said it was a fantastic finish, you aren''t going to convince me that he knew or anticipated that Whitaker might fluff his shot.

I''m no Striker but I think Anticipating what COULD happen is a big part of it

"What if" the defender has a poor touch

"What if" the keeper comes off his line

You hedge your bets.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]City 2nd. What on earth are you on about. Have you actually watched RVW play for us, or anyone else?

His goal was not lucky at all. It was a lovely header form a good cross. He''s frequently in those positions, nearly scored a very similar goal. But most of the rest of the crossing has been very poor. And the defenders already have an advantage, even more so when the ball is either coming in 20 seconds too late, not at all, or into the wrong area.

His movement is class, he is a predator. Against Chelsea his link up play was fantastic. He isn''t lightweight. Of course he will come good, he''s a quality player who was finding his feet in a very different league for a very different team. As you said hooper has done it all in England, still took him a few league games too look good,[/quote]
I can only really disagree with that bit. It was a mishit from Whittaker I believe? It was a good reaction from him either way, but I''d have to say a tad fortunate that it went in considering he had little notice that the ball was coming to him. Only he''ll know if he meant it the way it came off his head.