Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Newcastle predictions

I think the West Ham win may have given the lads a bit of a boost and also the 3 pts I believe will allow the lads to play with a by more freedom. Newcastle are only decent if you allow them to be and Cabaye and Remy are match winners. Stop Cabaye and you stop the supply to Remy. For this one would like to see Bassong back alongside Bennett for that extra bit pace they have over Turner. 4_5_1 for me. Ruddy,Martin,Bassong,Bennett,Olssen,Pilks,Snoddy,Howson,Fer,Redmond playing behind Hoops

Both Remy and Krul were on excellent form against Tottenham last time out. We struggle to get in the oppositions half away from home and have recently struggled to score goals in open play. Our defense is quite weak against pace so I''d say a likely 2-0 reverse with Remy getting at least 1 of their goals. Of course I''m quite often proven completely wrong.They play a 4-4-2 though so it may be a chance to continue the Elmander / Hooper strikeforce to give it a chance to develop.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Has nobody any faith in our return to form? The monkey is off our back , and assuming the players are given the kind of free reign they took in the last 35 vs Wept Hard, we''re gonna dominate this game like we did at Stoke except with some finishing touch. 2-1 for us, their goal coming very late (if at all).

[quote user="canarycop"]IFor this one would like to see Bassong back alongside Bennett for that extra bit pace they have over Turner.  [/quote]

Well Bennett is no quicker than Turner. Bassong is maybe slightly quicker on the turn and probably quickest over a distance but none of our centre backs are pacey really.

Turner has been our best centre back this season, as he was for much of last season, so I wouldn''t be in a hurry to drop him. Especially for an inferior player like Bennett.

I see this one one of two ways........if we take the performance from West Ham in the second half and apply this through the game than I can see a 1-1 draw.

My worry is that we go into this games and try this defensive style which drives us back into our own penalty area, unfortunately Newcastle have players who will open the door and we could end up on another 4-0 hiding!

I''m going for the positive result and 1-1.

I''m hoping for a wonderful day out with us winning 1-0, with a stunning 89th minute 35 yrd volley from Becchio.

sadly, I think we''ll end up conceding early, and then get caught on the break when we start pushing forward. so, 2-0.

Before the break I''d have called the two teams pretty equal and gone for a draw but this weekend I reckon it''s going to be about who comes out the International layoff the better so either 4-0 Newcastle or 2-0 Norwich.... I''m going with the latter.

I do not see much progress.

I still believe that the team is is a group trying to be taught a methodical and rigid sytem and are not being inspired to outperform in an improvisational manner.

Hughton has bags of theoretical nouse, but does not seem a coach who can inspire those under his guidance to reach for the stars.

I think a draw would be good, but sense a loss is more likely.

I would very much like to see Hughton leave and be replaced by someone who can make the most talented bunch of players make the most of themselves.

if we are fortunate the international break might have caused newcastles up turn in form to fizzle a little

but it probably hasnt and i cant see anything but a home win, with hughton setting up for the draw as per usual

Ferry cross the wensum has it absolutely spot on. To add to that i can see newcastle''s international players being on a real high. Can see us getting comfortably beaten, 3-0 to the magpies.

Newcastle are the level of team we should be taking points from, having said that I can only see a draw. I hope Hughton doesn''t mess with Bennett again and leaves the defence as it was against West Ham

Prediction? Waveney Canary/Rocket man doesn''t really go to away games, as much as home games.

Sits in a dark room with 1stWiz with a 56k modem and grumbles at speed when the scores were updated 5 minutes earlier on Radio PitchFork. They then fire up Dave for the phone in (if allowed this week)