Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Trains

Sorry Jon this isn''t an answer to your question.  I''m getting the train up from Portsmouth.  Anyway, I was going to start a thread re travel on Sunday but I''ll just add it to yours; I''ve heard rumours that the London Underground do engineering work on Sunday on the District Line.  Does anyone know how much time we should allow to get to the ground?

[quote]Just wondering what train most of you are getting on Sunday. Should be one hell of a party.[/quote]

9am from Norwich. Big brekkie first, couple a beers in Liverpool Street then head on down to Putney.

Yeah i heard this to. I live in Clacton and in theory it should only take an hour and a half, but we are leaving at 8.50 so giving us at least 3 hours to get into Liverpool Street.

So id guestimate that the latest we would get to Liverpool street would be 12ish, giving us 3 hours to work our way around the underground, which is plenty of time....i hope!

Anyone driving down? I''m thinking of going to a tube station on the outskirts and then
getting through london that way. Seems that going by train you have to get off and get
onto a bus to complete the trip. Could be a nightmare!

Anyone know a good tube station on the outskirts with parking?

[quote]Anyone driving down? I''m thinking of going to a tube station on the outskirts and then getting through london that way. Seems that going by train you have to get off and get onto a bus to complete the...[/quote]

Redbridge mate. At the bottom of the M11 as you join the A406 (don''t be going too quick or you''ll miss the turning) Free parking on Sundays then get a one day tube pass £4.70, it''s then about 40mins to Liverpool Street.

[quote]Redbridge mate. At the bottom of the M11 as you join the A406 (don''t be going too quick or you''ll miss the turning) Free parking on Sundays then get a one day tube pass £4.70, it''s then about 40mins t...[/quote]

Or Gants Hill.  Parked there many a time before getting the tube into central London.  Less than 1.5 hours from Norwich

[quote]Sorry Jon this isn''t an answer to your question. I''m getting the train up from Portsmouth. Anyway, I was going to start a thread re travel on Sunday but I''ll just add it to yours; I''ve heard rumours...[/quote]

Copied from the TFl site:

HAMMERSMITH & CITY LINE: On Sunday, no service between Edgware Road and Hammersmith, and between Whitechapel and Barking, with a reduced service on the rest of the line. A limited rail replacement bus service will operate between Paddington and Shepherds Bush (Central Line) Station serving intermediate Hammersmith & City Line stations. Tickets will be accepted on local bus routes. Journey times may be extended by up to 45 minutes. There will be a reduced CIRCLE LINE service, and a reduced DISTRICT LINE service between Edgware Road and Wimbledon.

So that means for those of use coming into Victoria there will be a reduced service from Earls Court down to Fulham Broadway, and those coming from liverpool Street IF you are going via the circle or Central line to Notting Hill Gate and dropping down, you will get a reduced service from that point. Might be easier to change at Holborn onto the Picadilly Line then change at Earls Court to miss at least some of the delays.

Im planning to get there early anyway, and if worst comes to the worse hopefully it will be a nice day for a walk! Or bus..

Hope this helps.

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tube/travelinfo/realtime/default.asp