Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Palace game huge

I am hoping for a good result and a good performance this weekend against Newcastle. However palace with Pulis will really be a lot more difficult. Anyone who thinks they are down already are brave for making that prediction.

Pulls will have them playing for him and who knows what will happen post match on this board?!

Anyway, OTBC and here''s too another unbeaten run which is the best in Europe, never mind Barcelona!

Every game is huge, but I see what you are saying.

Palace will look at the game and try and get something. We must push on from that second half against West Ham.

Bless your cotton socks Highland. You never disappoint do you. Victory against Palarse will not secure our safety and a draw or defeat will not seal our relegation. Our fate will be determined by how many points we get over 38 games. What about if we win at Toon and lose against Palarse[:^)]

No doubt that even with just a week of Pulis on the training ground they will be slightly harder to beat I feel, but we should still do just that. Having watched Pulis on the live matches over here as an analyst a few times, you cannot help but be impressed by the man, particularly when he talks about how to defend and defensive organisation, he talks so much sense and you feel that he would make a difference to any side in respect of how to defend. 

Pulis not a done deal yet, but Sky seem to think it''s nearly there.There''s lots of comments from ''happy'' Palarse fans! My favourite was this:-I reckon pulis will do a good job. Hopefully he can sort out the palace

scrum and line out and also get us sharper at the breakdown!

Highland is absolutely correct. On the basis that we seem determined to get absolutely jack sh!t out of the games v the big boys (unlike last season), the likes of home games v Palace and the other teams around the botton half now bring a much greater importance. In effect, they become "must win" games if we are to steer clear of trouble.

I dont think so I think the Newcastle game is more as our away form is lacking. I see the Newcastle game bigger than Palace, buy Hey all the games in this league are huge.

Quite so, Eggy. We''ve got to try and pick up points anywhere and everywhere. Which I guess is the nub of the whole Hughton debate ?

If there is a sudden sea-change and we start performing on a regular basis away from CR, then, agreed , games like Palace at home take on slightly less importance, but until we see this actually happening, then points from these sort of home games are absolutely crucial.

Sea change?

This is the premier league. We are unlikely to finish in the top half. The bottom half will probably average 2/3 away wins each. We already have 1. I reckon the likes of Reggie and Highland would probably be better suited following a champs team. That sea change is totally unrealistic. Had we drawn that game at Hull we''d be on target for 41/42 points which is realistic for our club in the premier league. Of course we could do better than that but I think it''s crazy to expect better than that.

Just read my posting again Nige, and this time, accurately.

I did not say that I thought there WOULD be a sea-change; just that there would need to be one for games like C Pal at home to be anything less than "must winners". You are right that we''re going to need around the 40 to 42 pt mark to be really safe, and we''re unlikely to achieve that target, even on current form unless we win those kind of games.

And, if it''s all the same to you, I''m perfectly content to continue supporting a Premier League team...

No Reggie. My point was that had we drawn that game at Hull we''d be on target for 41/42. One extra point is hardly a sea change. We all want better, to get in Europe would be nice, but to expect better is unrealistic. Why do you EXPECT better?

Still not really following your logic. I never said there was a sea change. And we did not beat Hull. Period.

And I''m not saying I did EXPECT (as you put it) better. We are currently on a point a game, and, like many on here with the, by our standards, lavish spending over the summer, was rather HOPING (not expecting) for a better return than last season.

I do not know why you are making an issue out of this. Surely even you would concede that, if we are to upgrade to the giddy heights of your just over a point a game, then C Pal at home etc are going to be most likely games to make this happen ?!