Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Do players Post/ Come on here?

Obviously they wouldn''t reveal themselves, but I wonder if any of them come on here? Yes there''s a lot of drivel, but behind that, there''s useful feedback and reviews and some very differing fans opinion. I know players go online on FIFA as they get special blue cards on Ultimate team to use so you know when you face one.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Obviously they wouldn''t reveal themselves, but I wonder if any of them come on here? Yes there''s a lot of drivel, but behind that, there''s useful feedback and reviews and some very differing fans opinion. I know players go online on FIFA as they get special blue cards on Ultimate team to use so you know when you face one.[/quote]

I''m sure they do Jimmy.

I''m sure they do - Ryan Bennett is known for searching his own name on Twitter and calling people out on it (before he was fined).

When I worked for a club in the media/press room players were told they would be fined a weeks wages if they posted on any forums - Norwich might have a similar policy.

I think it''d be hillarious for them reading some of the conspiracies people come up with on here, like the whole player mutiny before the WBA match and the Jason Shackell shower one, none of them will be true, there''s probably a whole bunch of crazy stuff that goes on that we don''t know about!

I think i''d sneak the odd rumour in there, i''d never reveal myself but i''d start by posting a couple of true rumours to gain peoples trust then move on to more outlandish ones with the odd true one in there to keep everyone on side. Honda to Norwich in January, you heard it here first!

TBF, the only rumour i knew was true was that Robbie Blake could have joined us on loan in our promotion season but turned it down to challenge for the Bolton first team place.

Perhaps then you could set about defending your own performances etc. It''s known fact that agents go on the messageboards promoting their players, so why not straight from the horses mouth?

They''d either have to be very brave or have skin as thick as a rhinocerous''s rump. It would be a brave man who would expose themselves to the comments made about them. Its one thing hearing them on the terraces, another to see it in this form. If I were a player Id steer well clear for fear of it affecting my confidence. But then again Im a sensitive soul, Im sure there are plenty of players who it genuinely wouldnt bother - though if they were that type why would they be looking in the first place? You cant say all footballers are thick skinned - I remember Michael Branch bawling his eyes out after he''d scored Fer style in an honest mistake and been booed by the crowd.

I would be very surprised if many or any current players at all actually post, but not so surprised if one or two dipped in to read occasionally, although they would soon get hacked off searching through the poster insults and arguments that ruin most decent threads to try and find something they would be interested in reading! 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Funny really, i''ve never had a public reply from players on twitter, but the odd PM back, won''t name names...[/quote]

I got a retweet from grant holt once. Almost wet my pants.

I hope not as the stuff 1stWizard and Waveney Canary/Rocket man write about manager/players/staff are awful. Down beat morons. More so when Waveney Canary has hounded the likes of McNally and Snodgrass on Twitter. Disrespect such fans like those.

I doubt to be honest although the likes of Mick Dennis does keep an eye out on the board. I wonder if Mick knows if they do?

A message for the best posting supporters in the world: we need some more posters here.

Where are you? Where are you?

Let''s be ''avin'' you! Come on

Hic !!!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Obviously they wouldn''t reveal themselves, but I wonder if any of them come on here? Yes there''s a lot of drivel, but behind that, there''s useful feedback and reviews and some very differing fans opinion. I know players go online on FIFA as they get special blue cards on Ultimate team to use so you know when you face one.[/quote]

Mark Rivers is currently posting on the ''killing two birds with one stone'' thread!

Oh... and this thread too, I should pay more attention

You can absolutely bet your life they do. This forum is to NCFC footballers what Tripadvisor is to those that work in the pub trade etc. Some will not be interested of course, but other players will probably look in frequently. When I worked for a well known band, some of the band members would post on forums dedicated to them under a pseudonym, the usual thing to do was bash other lads in the band for a wind up... I have no doubt we may well have seen similar stuff to that happen on here before.