Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

*** MESSAGEBOARD MEMBER OF THE SEASON: VOTE NOW ***

I was going to say ZLF for good reasoned posts (that I mostly agree with - thus saving me the effort of typing) but I reckon Charlie''s Dad deserves a strong mention too. Got to say that I like to hear what''s going on at the reserve matches. Cheers for that mate.

BedsCanary for me. He''s always spot on with his views, comments and opinions. His ability to be reflective and positive and his general understanding of Norwich City Football Club is unrivaled.

My vote goes for... Wiz.  Love him, hate him, feel you have to berate him, he is responsible for the longest threads on the board, and always stirs debate.  Fair play Chap!  (And I hope that yer ticker is calmin down ''n all)...

Special mention to some other faves: Normann Canary, Amarillo, GenerationA47 (where you?), Peter (for that ironic sense of humour), charliesdad, The Fool on the Hill, Yankee Canary...

So as to not appear ungracious, thank you to those of you who offered votes in my direction. Having said that, I must say truthfully that my nature does not support such a thought as generated by this thread. The beauty of a message board such as this is the sum of the parts add up to a wonderful whole. However, if we are to offer accolades for input on this message board then certainly let''s not be restrictive and vote for a single poster of the year. Obviously, many of us have different preferences, some like wit, others serious debate, some even like to just be nice ( don''t think I could ever join that team ). Certainly, if we do feel inclined toward such trivia then let''s be expansive and call it the PUPO Awards ( Pink Un Poster Oscars ) and building on Pieman''s suggestion, a full annual event dinner, certainly it would be a pink-tie affair. I can think of four worthy Oscar categories right at the outset; Most Objective Poster Oscar ( ZippersLeftFoot ), Funniest Poster Oscar ( Mello Yello ), Best Foreign Language Poster Oscar ( XXL16 ), Nicest Poster Oscar ( a tie between Gorleston Jim and cityangel ). Oh I''m really getting warmed up to this now...I can see as the night wears on and the spirits flow our generosity expands and we give an Oscar to everyone. That''s the ticket. That''s kind of what I was getting at in the beginning.

Frankly , I think this idea  sucks !  ....  message board member of the year    what next  ?  its just an ego trip  for Gods sake  ...  oh alright , it has to be Wiz  ... total  loyalty  [ wrong about Worthy ! ] 

Well, this is a tricky one, as normally my vote would go for Wiz for the interest he generates, but I feel there has been a real late surge from ZLF, with well-constructed, well-thought out reasoned posts......DD, obviously, and special mentions for Gazzathegreat & Meeky.........but, my vote goes to.....

1st Wizard

My vote goes to DumbleDelia and 1st Wizard as joint posters of the season. Both have been integral members of the message board "team". 

[quote]BedsCanary for me. He''s always spot on with his views, comments and opinions. His ability to be reflective and positive and his general understanding of Norwich City Football Club is unrivaled.[/quote]

Bedscanary is also very modest.