Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Newcastle United

94th minute and two decent deliveries into the box. One from Wes, then a second from Murphy.

Exactly. If you can''t bring a striker on when you''re desperate for a goal then when can you? Terrible management.

Funny. Under a bit of pressure, Newcastle look pretty ordinary.If only we had a manager with the guts to have a go at the opposition earlier than the 87th minute.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]94th minute and two decent deliveries into the box. One from Wes, then a second from Murphy.[/quote]

Yep. Too little too late but an exciting finish.

We do have the players but we don''t have the belief from the beginning. Is that the tactics?

Newcastle blew 2 or 3 golden opportunities in the last 10 which should have made the score look much less flattering for us. That said, those chances arose because we started to really go for it and actually looked like maybe scoring.

Anything but a win against Palace and I think Hughton may go, I''m certain that McNally has been unofficially looking at potential replacements for a few weeks now.

[quote user="ricardo"]We threw that away by silly first half defending.[/quote]
Agreed Ricardo. But that aside we still would have been looking for a 0-0 until we began to actually play in those closing minutes. He made good subs today, but unfortunately far too late. Had that have been at 60 minutes instead of 88 we could have seen a draw and a point away from home, which would have been a great result and added to our West Ham performance. Instead I wonder how the players feel after that game, whether they are deflated at all or can pick themselves up for Palace. I''d love to see a 2 or 3-0 against Palace.

[quote user="Jh1990"]Johnson is the main reason for another crap performance 4-0 final score, I''d put my house on it[/quote]

Where are you sleeping tonight?

Yes Rickyyyyy. That was what did it. 2-0 behind away at Newcastle and there''s no coming back. In the end we finished the game well. Should be far easier to lift the players again next weekend after that.

You guys can''t possibly be right saying that everything Hughton does is wrong. If you think he''ll be sacked after that I think you''ll be disappointed. But of course you never know...