Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Newcastle United

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Reading this thread I think many more now realise just how poor we are. When will we be able to go into a match with some degree of confidence?

We just cannot defend, when in possession it is laboured, no pace at all, we cannot pass, there is no final deluvery, and we just cannot score playing the system we do. Something has to give - why does this squad look so mediocre?[/quote]

When we have some semblance of a reliable defence.[/quote]

I''m not watching, ricardo, but I assume the fact that we can''t hold on to the ball (because we can''t pass) is putting extra pressure on the defence, and making it look even worse than it is! If only we had more possession. Apropos that, Monday is the 60th anniversary of England 3 Hungary 6 - the game that was supposed to have taught a lesson about (short-) passing and movement and possession.

[/quote]Actually our possession % is not that bad, its just that we the final ball up front is always the wrong one. There have been several openings but we continually play the wrong ball. The problem is not being able to stay in the game long enough to give ourselves a chance. Going behind early is a killer.[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote user="city4eva"]Is there anybody left that thinks hughton should be given more time[/quote]
It''s hard to justify giving him more time if you look at the time he has been allowed this season (over a dozen games). But then in other respects we are missing a lot of players, and its been consistent injuries since we kicked off. We''re missing Bennett, RVW, Snodgrass, Tettey, Pilks, Bunn. Thats a lot of first teamers. I feel for him in some ways, but then I don''t think he''s always utilised what he has too well either. I''d really like to freshen up the staleness around the tram now with a change.

Sorry pal, wasn''t aware the United states was in Essex, I was under the impression it was thousands of miles away!

DURRRRR!

considering the distance between London and DC is 8% of the worlds circumference... 3,000 miles isn''t actually that big.

step out of your town and you will find the world is a pretty big place, and a few thousand miles isn''t much at all.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]Is there anybody left that thinks hughton should be given more time[/quote]

It''s hard to justify giving him more time if you look at the time he has been allowed this season (over a dozen games). But then in other respects we are missing a lot of players, and its been consistent injuries since we kicked off. We''re missing Bennett, RVW, Snodgrass, Tettey, Pilks, Bunn. Thats a lot of first teamers. I feel for him in some ways, but then I don''t think he''s always utilised what he has too well either. I''d really like to freshen up the staleness around the tram now with a change.

[/quote]

Don''t give Buh ammo

Bunn isn''t a first team player, E Bennet may not have been, Pilks started today

I don''t think we miss RVW as there is no service to whoever we play up front, Snody has been poor, agree tho we do miss Tettey

Elmander has actually been ok in midfield. But it looks like Newcastle are happy to let Norwich have the ball in the middle and see the game out.  There''s nothing in the final third for them to worry about.

[quote user="city4eva"]

ha ha, leave the poor guy alone he cant help himself

[/quote]
Its just so much fun messing with him though. I can''t stand when posters like him come here to discuss everything but the football. Bloody troll!

[quote user="Buh"]

Sorry pal, wasn''t aware the United states was in Essex, I was under the impression it was thousands of miles away!

DURRRRR!

[/quote]

Essex is a world away for NFN,s like yourself

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

ha ha, leave the poor guy alone he cant help himself

[/quote]
Its just so much fun messing with him though. I can''t stand when posters like him come here to discuss everything but the football. Bloody troll!
[/quote]I''m wondering if you have a good recipe for Christmas Pudding?

Wow, more yanks than I thought on here.

I''d be worried if what you had to say had any bearing on the football club.

Like the Japanese guys in Man United Kagawa shirts.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]Is there anybody left that thinks hughton should be given more time[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t give Buh ammo

Bunn isn''t a first team player, E Bennet may not have been, Pilks started today

I don''t think we miss RVW as there is no service to whoever we play up front, Snody has been poor, agree tho we do miss Tettey

[/quote]
Haha i don''t care about him