Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Newcastle United

On page 1, everyone loved the lineup.

Where did those posters go?

Buh, Seattle Canary is British. Sometimes people move to other places because they''re not xenophobes like you.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Reading this thread I think many more now realise just how poor we are. When will we be able to go into a match with some degree of confidence?

We just cannot defend, when in possession it is laboured, no pace at all, we cannot pass, there is no final deluvery, and we just cannot score playing the system we do. Something has to give - why does this squad look so mediocre?[/quote]

When we have some semblance of a reliable defence.[/quote]

I''m not watching, ricardo, but I assume the fact that we can''t hold on to the ball (because we can''t pass) is putting extra pressure on the defence, and making it look even worse than it is! If only we had more possession. Apropos that, Monday is the 60th anniversary of England 3 Hungary 6 - the game that was supposed to have taught a lesson about (short-) passing and movement and possession.

Think we might still get a goal but it needs to come quickly to lift our performance levels.  We just don''t seem to be up for it again today and that has been the story of our away games this season.  Lacking that drive, motivation and will to make things happen. 

Is Morty posting under the name Buh now? Or is it just a hugely unfortunate coincidence that there happens to be two massive c**ts posting on this forum?

------------------------------

I''ve never once seen morty discriminate against a supporter because they live in another country. but I digress, why can''t this forum manage to keep a thread ON TOPIC for once.

Oh no! I''ve jilted the ex-pats!!

Actually, couldn''t care less. Self important idiots claiming extra insight from the other side of the planet.

Midfield getting into some good forward positions on the edge of the area.  But don''t seem sure on where the final pass should go or who is making the run into the box. Often because there isn''t someone running through, because they all start from too deep positions.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Dean Sturridge has just said he feels there are goals in our side, we just constantly make the wrong decisions going forwards...Sturridge was a good player in his day, he may well have a point.[/quote]We do some lovely build up play, then panic and play a terrible final ball.

[quote user="Buh"]

Oh no! I''ve jilted the ex-pats!!

Actually, couldn''t care less. Self important idiots claiming extra insight from the other side of the planet.

[/quote]
Then does that make you a self important troll on a forum from god knows where?

Well, at least Doctor Who is on later. That should cheer me up after listening to this tripe.

We have to do better next week. I want a roaring triumph against palarse.

It''s like the opposition penalty area is a foreign country where we don''t speak the language.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Reading this thread I think many more now realise just how poor we are. When will we be able to go into a match with some degree of confidence?

We just cannot defend, when in possession it is laboured, no pace at all, we cannot pass, there is no final deluvery, and we just cannot score playing the system we do. Something has to give - why does this squad look so mediocre?[/quote]

When we have some semblance of a reliable defence.[/quote]

I''m not watching, ricardo, but I assume the fact that we can''t hold on to the ball (because we can''t pass) is putting extra pressure on the defence, and making it look even worse than it is! If only we had more possession. Apropos that, Monday is the 60th anniversary of England 3 Hungary 6 - the game that was supposed to have taught a lesson about (short-) passing and movement and possession.

[/quote]Actually our possession % is not that bad, its just that we the final ball up front is always the wrong one. There have been several openings but we continually play the wrong ball. The problem is not being able to stay in the game long enough to give ourselves a chance. Going behind early is a killer.

IMO then next sub should be Murphy for Johnson and then put elmander up the middle with Hooper playing off him or just behind him.

---------------- agreed. and hopefully it comes before the 75th minute

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Dean Sturridge has just said he feels there are goals in our side, we just constantly make the wrong decisions going forwards...Sturridge was a good player in his day, he may well have a point.[/quote]We do some lovely build up play, then panic and play a terrible final ball.[/quote]agreed,in midfield and in our 3rd we look better than most teams we have played.. its in the final 3rd we look out of ideas.