Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Newcastle United

If there''s one thing I absolutely can''t stand when it comes to football it''s just giving up! We''ve just given up and rolled over so many times under Hughton and if we do it today (Even if we don''t concede again but just look apathetic and disinterested) then that''s it Hughton has to go.

Without Snoddy coming back to help I''m afraid to say that Russell Martin is hopelessly exposed. In fact both fullbacks have been very poor this half.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Russ Martin needs to come off at half time...Normally one of our most consistent players but this has to be his worst performance for us ever...[/quote]I think he needs to come off for a couple of games.  Whittaker in for me.   Martin''s supposed reliability in defensive duties has disappeared, and we''re left with the same predictable distribution from him everytime.He might as well write a blog before each game about what he''s going to do when he receives the ball. 

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="Buh"]

[quote user="tele"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Perhaps he is behind Joe Hart on merit...[/quote]

On current form, he''s not the best keeper in the Norwich squad, never mind the England squad.[/quote]

What a sensible comment to make!

[/quote]Not sure if sarcastic?He has been in poor form for some time now.  I''d advocate giving Bunn a run-out, and I don''t particularly even rate him.[/quote]

Well, no offence pal, but your a goddam idiot. Try not to act like quite a hysterical grandma in a hostage situation eh?

Really!

And I suppose we lost as many games too with the ultra defensive brand of football we are now experiencing?

The whole thing is just laughable really Reggie. All hope I had before the game has slowly diminished. To be honest we should beat Palace, but that isn''t because we are a good side, it''s because they aren''t a good side, and worse than us. Other than that I don''t know where consistent points are coming from....

I''m not sure what''s worse; our defending (if you call i that), awareness (Johnson), performance (Ruddy) or our apparent inability to pass the ball accurately to anyone on our side in the opposition''s half.

Our defending is abysmal, we don''t press, we don''t pick up runners, we don''t graft.

Unless our players start to put some effort in we''re going down.

They look like a bunch of players that want to see the manager sacked.

[Javier''s Deaf Translator good save by ruddy. considering Bunn is out, I wouldn''t suggest resting him as that means Nash...

change for half time has to be whitts on for russ and Johan on for bradders ]I didn''t realise Bunn was out?  Yikes!If we''re our backup for Ruddy is now a 50 year old goalkeeper, Hughton may as well name himself on the bench as cover for Olsson and Martin - can''t do any worse today.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]The whole thing is just laughable really Reggie. All hope I had before the game has slowly diminished. To be honest we should beat Palace, but that isn''t because we are a good side, it''s because they aren''t a good side, and worse than us. Other than that I don''t know where consistent points are coming from....[/quote]

"All the hope you had" before the game?? What a laughable statement!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]
Haha he is making Lambert''s defensive record look somewhat respectable as of late. He abandoned defending after last season, and sadly abandoned attacking as soon as he took over! We are awful. Clearly it really is nothing other than a relegation battle this season. Anyone who thinks we''ve turned a corner and will climb the table is deluded.
[/quote]
Last week we should have lost and probably would have deserved to, but we were gifted that penalty.
I entertained the delusion that maybe we had turned a corner but clearly nothing has changed, Hughton must be sacked tonight

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"] We''re not going to score 2[/quote]

You''re right.

I''ve seen more threatening lettuces at Sainsburys

[/quote]

Its not likely, haven''t we only scored twice in all away league games so far this season

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"] We''re not going to score 2[/quote]

You''re right.

I''ve seen more threatening lettuces at Sainsburys

[/quote]I know the swarthy looking lettuce you''re talking about!  It''s that one on the 2nd shelf, slightly browning, but heavily reduced in price, and goading you with its leaves and the prospect of E-Coli...

I can sort of live with losing to Newcastlebut this performance is another one of "those"At least last year we were awful in games and got a draw out of it!

[quote user="Herman "]Well that was the most depressing first half since, er, Man City.[/quote]West Ham was pretty bad too as I recall.

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="Herman "]Well that was the most depressing first half since, er, Man City.[/quote]

West Ham was pretty bad too as I recall.
[/quote]

ssshhh don''t tell all the delusional supporters that

[quote user="Buh"]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]The whole thing is just laughable really Reggie. All hope I had before the game has slowly diminished. To be honest we should beat Palace, but that isn''t because we are a good side, it''s because they aren''t a good side, and worse than us. Other than that I don''t know where consistent points are coming from....[/quote]

[/quote]
Whys that? It''s like you almost invite a fight on here. I support NCFC, and not Hughton, just get over it you tool/troll. [Y]

[quote user="Buh"][quote user="Orly"][quote user="Buh"]

[quote user="tele"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Perhaps he is behind Joe Hart on merit...[/quote]

On current form, he''s not the best keeper in the Norwich squad, never mind the England squad.[/quote]

[/quote]Not sure if sarcastic?He has been in poor form for some time now.  I''d advocate giving Bunn a run-out, and I don''t particularly even rate him.[/quote]

Well, no offence pal, but your a goddam idiot. Try not to act like quite a hysterical grandma in a hostage situation eh?

[/quote]Firstly, stating "no offence" and then calling someone an "idiot" is somewhat contradictory.  Secondly, I can spell "you''re" correctly, so perhaps, NO OFFENCE, but you''re the idiot?No of course not, must be me.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Buh"]

[/quote]
Whys that? It''s like you almost invite a fight on here. I support NCFC, and not Hughton, just get over it you tool/troll. [Y]

[/quote]

As if you have a leg to stand on. You are a horrendous Norwich "Fan" stick to baseball, yank.

No keeper in the world would look good behind our back 4. Not a great deal Ruddy can do with those gutless wonders failing to do the simplest of things.

Reading this thread I think many more now realise just how poor we are. When will we be able to go into a match with some degree of confidence?

We just cannot defend, when in possession it is laboured, no pace at all, we cannot pass, there is no final deluvery, and we just cannot score playing the system we do. Something has to give - why does this squad look so mediocre?

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="Buh"][quote user="Orly"][quote user="Buh"]

[/quote]Firstly, stating "no offence" and then calling someone an "idiot" is somewhat contradictory.  Secondly, I can spell "you''re" correctly, so perhaps, NO OFFENCE, but you''re the idiot?No of course not, must be me.[/quote]

Are the keys on your keyboard sticky from the drool idiot?

Suggesting Ruddy should be dropped is a stupid thing to say and it deserves proper contempt.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Reading this thread I think many more now realise just how poor we are. When will we be able to go into a match with some degree of confidence?

We just cannot defend, when in possession it is laboured, no pace at all, we cannot pass, there is no final deluvery, and we just cannot score playing the system we do. Something has to give - why does this squad look so mediocre?[/quote]

When we have some semblance of a reliable defence.

There is always this small hope in the back of your mind that we might fight back and get 2 goals to draw but it''s a very stupid thing to think because you know it will never happen :(