Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

89th minute double sub

There''s no defence for it, the man hasn''t got a clue, they should have been on the second we scored.

I worry about the use of Murphy, surely if he is good enough in Hughton''s eyes then he should be getting a go when we are at parity rather than always having to try and dig us out of the proverbial horse manure. Whilst I can understand him being used away from home initially in his career it is going to erode any confidence he has very quickly if he keeps being brought on in these situations.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]So how was it right nige?[/quote]

I didn''t say it was right. I haven''t got a clue if it was right or not. I don''t know the circumstances for making it. Only if Hughton tells us why can we make any sort of judgement. Why was it wrong Danny?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I worry about the use of Murphy, surely if he is good enough in Hughton''s eyes then he should be getting a go when we are at parity rather than always having to try and dig us out of the proverbial horse manure. Whilst I can understand him being used away from home initially in his career it is going to erode any confidence he has very quickly if he keeps being brought on in these situations.[/quote]

Unfortunately we have lost 3 wide players at the same time through injury. Possibly 4 if a knock was the reason for the Redmond sub. I think Hughton did right bringing on Elmander after Pilks injury. Her was vindicated because we got back into the game. I trust Hughton with our younsgters. He''s probably the most pro-active manager we''ve had since Worthy when it comes to looking after our youth.

89th min double sub would normally be the tactic of a team that has just gone behind OR a team that is ahead and looking to break up the pattern of a game, not a team thats been behind for most of the game, then, all of a sudden at 89min the gaffer decides to bring on two! the only thing that would be dafter is if he took off attackers and put on defenders.....tell me he didnt, please. I was at work and only know the score was 2nil at ht.

2-1 down, 89th minute, bring on 2 subs.... When you need a goal you certainly dont bring on the striker who Hughton brought to this club. What has Beccio got to do to get on the pitch to play?

Is he on a pay as you play deal? Will we owe Leeds money if he makes another appearance. FFS, we cant afford to carry players with no intention of playing them, if Beccio is no use, then bring someone in from the reserve or youth team squads.

Listening to Hughton''s interview, he was frightened of another ManC style result if he''d gone for it earlier, as we were necessarily exposed at the back after the subs - those last few minutes looked very Lambertesque! - relying on the opposition messing up when presented with so much room.

It nearly worked as well. Wes set up a last gasp goal chance; that would have done wonders for everyone''s morale. Shame.

Sorry Nigel I disagree. I think Elmander should have played, potentially started, but you shouldn''t play someone out of position unless absolutely necessary. And we had a winger on the bench who was capable, in both mine and the managers opinion surely or he wouldn''t be on the bench. Credit to Elmander because he put a shift in but imo , especially at 2-0 down he should have partnered Hooper. Newcastle were nothing special and bar a little push at 2-1 they looked comfortable, even when they took their foot off at 2-0

Subs far too late. Bryan Gunn on canary call and match commentary exasperates me with constant use of the expression "You Know" Bryan the simple answer is I do not know, Ninety nine times out of One Hundred.. However when you said City lack leadership and inspiration on the field of play I am with you One Hundred percent. We have one only decent play maker in the club and he sits on the bench. Pilkington can be relied upon to go off injured. Johnson to give away free kicks and misplaced passes. He was to blames for goal number one. Ruddy for goal number two.. With the managers defensive tactics we are rapidly becoming a graveyard for strikers, left alone on opposition territory to battle against impossible odds. Hence the departure of Grant Holt and the failure of his successors to impress. 80% of a game played in our final third of the pitch will never yield goals. The simple main objective of our sport is to score goals. This basic factor appears to be forgotten. Who is to blame?