Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Sacked in the morning!?

If he was sacked, you couldn''t argue that we concede too many, score too few, put in poor performances, and what were draws last season that we ground out are now just awful losses. We haven''t gotten points when we should have almost every time this season, and there''s too many losses on the board already. He just has to go, West Ham just muddied up the windshield but the wipers have cleared that all up again today.

I imagine after failing to beat CP will be the final nail, I actually wish we hadn''t beaten West Ham now and got a new manager in over the international break. Would have been perfect timing.

C''mon chaps, let''s not over react - it was only a 2-1 defeat in his 50th prem match with ncfc, of which he has only lost THIRTY SEVEN!

What - Taxi for Mr Hughton please!

If he''s sacked this weekend then it would be unlikely that we would replace him within a week.That would probably mean Calderwood would be in charge for Palace. Just think about that for a moment.

I do think Mr Hughton is now walking a very fine tightrope.......and Trollope and Calderwood are sitting on his shoulders......

On the flip side of the coin, if Hughton was called before the board and asked why he should be kept as manager, how could he defend his position? What can he point to? We cant score, cant defend, tactics are poor, players look demoralised with little effort going in. Away record terrible, fans on his back, big money signings not producing the goods. Just what would he point to as a success?

The longer Hughton remains at the club, at what point does the finger get pointed higher at McNally/Bowkett for not acting?

[quote user="chrisr1606"]If he''s sacked this weekend then it would be unlikely that we would replace him within a week.That would probably mean Calderwood would be in charge for Palace. Just think about that for a moment.[/quote]

Neil Adams should be put temporarily in charge.......he knows the current players and the club inside out......

My take on this is the same as it always has been;

If we are on 13 pts or less after 13 games (ie at the end of the month) Hughton should walk/be fired.

After today''s fiasco, for that NOT to happen we need to beat Palace next Sat. Quite simply, it is a MUST WIN GAME. End of.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]The longer Hughton remains at the club, at what point does the finger get pointed higher at McNally/Bowkett for not acting?[/quote]
I think they have been sensible not to sack him so far, I would like him sacked asap but I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s still in charge of the Palace game. I suspect McNally is simply biding his time now until the right moment.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]On the flip side of the coin, if Hughton was called before the board and asked why he should be kept as manager, how could he defend his position? What can he point to? We cant score, cant defend, tactics are poor, players look demoralised with little effort going in. Away record terrible, fans on his back, big money signings not producing the goods. Just what would he point to as a success?[/quote]
Yeah, I do feel the "team" is healthier personnel wise than when he took over, but plays a shadow of the football we had witnessed before his reign. Games like today are hard to take because although we didn''t play well over 90 minutes, its hard to argue that we only turn up for one half of a game. How are we expected to win matched when we only give it a go for half the time that the other team do?
I''d genuinely like to see Hooly and Murphy given more game time now. I mean why the hell not, Pilks is injured.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]On the flip side of the coin, if Hughton was called before the board and asked why he should be kept as manager, how could he defend his position? What can he point to? We cant score, cant defend, tactics are poor, players look demoralised with little effort going in. Away record terrible, fans on his back, big money signings not producing the goods. Just what would he point to as a success?[/quote]

The league table despite a long and damaging injury list?

He will not be sacked in the morning.

I think he will at least be given the C Palace game, and possibly more. The West Ham win and even the loss today may not be seen as too bad considering he has been disadvantaged by injuries (another one today).

There were some positives today, but many old negatives, very late subs to name just one.

Palace - who are now on the bounce, has become critical.

Would I sack him in the morning - No.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
I''m not sure being one point of the drop is a good defence. We have a good squad and trotting injuries out won''t hide the fact he''s a bad manager.

quote user= City 2nd "C''mon chaps, let''s not over react - it was only a 2-1 defeat in his 50th prem match with ncfc, of which he has only lost THIRTY SEVEN!"

That Thai heat must be getting to you as you seem to have forgotten football teams also draw games. Yes, I know we have only won 13, but the remaining 37 games have been drawn 16 and lost 21.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m not sure being one point of the drop is a good defence. We have a good squad and trotting injuries out won''t hide the fact he''s a bad manager.

[/quote]

Well I suppose he could add last season''s league table.

If he is sacked I hope we have somone better lined up. Because otherwise our best chance of survival is keeping him.

Chris Hughton will get the Crystal Palace game to save his job. However, for me the situation was untenable after Man City for this very reason. That was the tipping point and I always felt CH was going to lurch from one "must win" pressure game to another and so it has proved. We simply can''t go on like this, that atmosphere isn''t healthy for the players, supporters or the club.

Despite what the media and some of the supporters have tried to say after the West Ham game we haven''t turned the corner. We were really poor for the majority of that game and on another day West Ham could have put that game to bed before half time. They let us back into the game by giving away a comical equaliser rather than through any real enterprise on our part. Our away performances remain as diabolical as ever. The net result is that it puts tremendous pressure on your home games, like Crystal Palace and makes defeats to teams like Villa disastrous when they shouldn''t be. We do not look like scoring goals partly because we persist in playing 1 man up front despite spending Â£13 million on two strikers who have clearly played all their best football playing off someone else (I know RVW played up front by himself last season but he was generally regarded as having a much less successful season as a result).

I know people will counter this post by saying, "who would you replace him with?" I couldn''t tell you an answer, but is that really a justifiable reason to keep someone in the job. I would also like to think that David McNally is streetwise, knows who is available and would have the feelers out to know who is available and might be interested. It may not be honourable but it is the way football, business and life work.   

7 wins in 33 league games ... He certainly isn''t the man to evolve / improve us and may not be the man to keep us up. I really don''t see what there is to lose by sacking him now.

Of all the potential candidates available to us as a manger after Lambert left Hughton was my preferred choice. I''ve watched the bitter comments either way on these forums and have tried to retain an open mind throughout. I was positive coming into this campaign that he had assembled a better squad than last year and was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, as of yet there is no evidence to my eyes that Hughton has actually developed us as a team on the pitch since he took over. Indeed, we''ve taken so many defeats, particularly on the road, that I just think deep down inside the players'' confidence has been damaged. Sure, the players will go into every game hoping to win, but do they really believe it? There''s a big difference between the two - especially at this level of football. I''ve been on the fence about it for some time, hoping that things will turn around and Hughton will surprise us all but with every week and every defeat that hope has progressively drained away. It''s difficult to say because Hughton is such a nice guy, but I don''t think he''s the man to take us forward. The problem is that I can''t see a ready replacement. McNally is a shrewd guy and will have his feelers out though.

Very good last post.

The players lack belief and they some of them look very tired. There is an air of inevitability about everything at Norwich City at the moment. There is nothing to be positive about - blind optimism isn''t enough.

It''s the board indecision that is costing us. Doing ''nothing'' is never an option and the non sacking of Hughton - by the board - is making things worse and worse.

The club is going backwards under Hughton. If anyone is happy with that then keep him and question what you really want out the football club? The groundswell of opinion is that he already should of gone, but he is still here!

Hughton should of gone many mornings ago, but sadly tomorrow morning he will still remain. Only a thumping by Palace might get the board to act.

I''ve been sitting on the Hughton fence for quite a while. He comes across as being a nice guy but I have to say now, I wish we had changed managers before the international break. It would''ve been an ideal time to get someone in and work with the players ahead of today''s game and next Saturdays game. Who we bring in, I have no idea, but I really do feel now that we are treading water and getting nowhere. I''ve said on numerous occasions the last four games this season may as well be written off, so we need points on the table now. No passion, no leadership and no goals, but leaking them like there''s no tomorrow just isn''t good enough what ever angle you look at it.