Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

West Ham

Anyone else think we are having a similar season to them?Finding it hard to score, picking up some decent results... but other days failing miserably.Injuries crippling us and a manager who perhaps isn''t the perfect fit?Missing a key role in the midfield / attack position

Not one shot on target and now 3-0 down. Chelsea 20 plus shots with 8 on target.Actually its a decent set of results for us today. A narrow defeat away while Hull, Fulham and W.Ham all lose at home.The Palace win is neither here nor there and the Stoke Sunderland result was expected.

they are in a much worse position than us. we have got at least 10 matches where we can gain the points, and If they go Down ill they move to the Olympic stadium I think not, their ground is now empty

Apparently in their next 4 games 3 of them are against the current bottom 3 Fulham, Sunderland and Palace. They may be in a different situation in a month.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-11-23 11:14 PM:

Not one shot on target and now 3-0 down. Chelsea 20 plus shots with 8 on target.

Actually its a decent set of results for us today. A narrow defeat away while Hull, Fulham and W.Ham all lose at home.The Palace win is neither here nor there and the Stoke Sunderland result was expected.

It''s pretty sad when you have to comment that a decent set of other clubs prem results means something to NCFC supporters - it means very little in the context of how our own team are playing, the results they are achieving, and their league position. I would much rather be seeing wins for my club rather than celebrating loses for those around us!

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-11-23 11:14 PM:

Not one shot on target and now 3-0 down. Chelsea 20 plus shots with 8 on target.

Actually its a decent set of results for us today. A narrow defeat away while Hull, Fulham and W.Ham all lose at home.The Palace win is neither here nor there and the Stoke Sunderland result was expected.

It''s pretty sad when you have to comment that a decent set of other clubs prem results means something to NCFC supporters - it means very little in the context of how our own team are playing, the results they are achieving, and their league position. I would much rather be seeing wins for my club rather than celebrating loses for those around us![/quote]Actually it means everything.Every team plays everyone else twice, that''s why you finish up in the position that you deserve. Unless you can win every game the results of your closest competitors will always be important.Seems to me that some people think its more important to play well and lose than play indifferently and win.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-11-23 11:

Actually it means everything.

What it actually means Ricardo is that you are relying on other clubs results to keep us in a relegation free zone.

Don''t see that happening at all. We are where we are because of our results, no one else''s, and will finish wherever we do because of our results, or lack of them!

The Palace result means a lot , they now come to Norwich next week on a double high of an away win and a new manager . In fact victory for them next weekend and they will only be one point behind us , thats not bad for a team everybody has written off as already relegated .

If you can''t win City2nd, then the next best thing is if your nearest rivals lose, which i am sure you appreciated that was what Ricardo was getting at.

If West Spam do beat the 3 teams below them in the next month, and we beat Palarse, then there are big positives right there.

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-11-23 11:

Actually it means everything.

What it actually means Ricardo is that you are relying on other clubs results to keep us in a relegation free zone.

Don''t see that happening at all. We are where we are because of our results, no one else''s, and will finish wherever we do because of our results, or lack of them![/quote]Yes, exactly right. We are where we should be, 5 places from the bottom and the 4 clubs below are also exactly where they should be because of their own results.