Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Could be worse

We''re 16th, which to be honest, if it ends like that, it wouldn''t be so bad. Safe for another season of premiership footy and money.

Hull look vulnerable after a couple of early lucky wins and we''re three points off them now, the sides below also look poor. We may well be the best of a poor bottom 6 by the end. Boring, but not devestating.

However, Hughton''s restrictive tactics look like they might cripple us. I would compare McCarthys sacking from Wolves, they were above the drop zone but after a good start, they were struggling, so they sacked him.

After that, they barely picked up any more points and went down with a whimper.

Now here''s the thing, i don''t think they were wrong sacking McCarthy, they were wrong not appointing a replacement that was a competent manager. Terry Connor as caretaker was a dreadful decision. As bad as Burnley appointing Brian Laws when Coyle left.

I have finally been swayed into the Hughton out camp, but we could do a lot worse. I hope we are lining someone up that will get us playing with a bit more endeavour and with good contacts and a winning attitude. Should there be nobody out there suitable, then we might as well stick with Hughton.