Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Fer too good?

And he hasn''t even been as good as Howson. Will people worry about losing him too?

So if they are both so good, why don''t we just stick with the two of them in the middle? It''s not like we''re scoring masses with them in a three being allowed to roam. 4-4-fecking-2!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]an average player in a poor team will look good...[/quote]
I''m not saying Leroy is poor or good but agree with this statement. Remember ole Sammy Clingan?? 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How long until he gets a move he deserves to a proper premiership club? Class act.[/quote]Interesting that you don''t think the club you "support" can hold on to Leroy Fer, or that they are a proper Premiership club.

Fer cut a strange figure at times today. At times I thought he looked very frustrated. He seemed torn between the role that CH gave him (which included this rather odd idea of Ruddy kicking the ball to a wide player to try and flick it on - Leroy took over from Snoddy for this) and just drifting around trying to make something happen. He played the number 10 role for a while, then started dropping to try and get the ball. I agree that he is a class act. A few people I spoke to today are sure that other Prem teams are keeping an eye on him , and if he stays fit, and clears this medical issue he had with Everton, I think there be January interest. For me he was the most likely player to affect our game.  

There is no way Leroy will move on in January he is far too important to City for us to let him go. And this is World Cup year so cannot afford to let his standards drop.

[quote user="pete"]There is no way Leroy will move on in January he is far too important to City for us to let him go. And this is World Cup year so cannot afford to let his standards drop.[/quote]

Totally agree. Whatever happens I can''t see him moving in jan. we need to give the board credit as well they haven''t been in the habit over the last 5 years of letting our best players leave.