Sign in to follow this  
QHcanary

Hughton vs Lambert...points per game

Premier league only...

Paul lambert:

1.12 points per game.

Chris Hughton:

1.10 points per game.

This isn''t a defence of Hughton. I''m getting pretty bored of it TBH. It''s not the best to watch, and the bullsh1t I have to listen to is staggering, but he''s not really doing any worse than the "messiah", and this seasons fixtures have been pretty heavily skewed by the number of top 6/7 clubs we''ve played.

Discuss.

We''re on a bad run, some of Lamberts results were complacency after staying up quite comfortably. Not a full excuse, but understandable.

I''d say i''m more frustrated with Hughton rather than disillusioned, he sets a solid team out but gets things wrong like playing Johnson, leaving a game changing sub until the 89th minute and sitting back too much and playing a poacher in a 4-5-1. If he could just sort these minor things out, he''d be a fantastic manager

Did they have equal quality of talent to work with at Norwich? Lambert''s ppg at Villa is not worth considering as it''s a totally different team and setting. Was that part of the stats?

Despite the multi millions spent we finished on less points last season than under Lambert and now sit with less points than we did at this stage of the season under Lambert. We have also swapped courageous, positive and cavalier football for dour, directionless and cautious football.

To compare CH to PL is pointless. PL wasn''t the Messiah but he was one of the very best managers we have ever had in our history.

Compare Hughton to his recent results.

7 wins in 11 months ... Not good enough.

But what those stats are missing is the 1.20 is with a newly promoted team, with lesser or untested at highest level players, and the 1.10 is an established team with an additional multi-£million worth of playing talent on top.

I think the context speaks louder!

Two points.1. The difference for me is that under Lambert, no matter what the situation, in the majority of games I always felt that we had a chance of getting a result. Under Hughton I don''t. 2. I''m fed up with the excuse about "this seasons fixtures have been pretty heavily skewed". Presumably that means that when you''re in 16th position you shouldn''t worry because most of the teams we''ve played are above us in the league.  

Less points last season, but a better position.

Would you rather 18th on 60 points or 1st on 45? Ridiculous, but you get the point.

Have we actually strengthened more than the teams around us over the last 2 seasons? We did precious little in transfers last season, defence aside. We might have caught up a little this year in terms of overall squad quality.

I''m genuinely not making excuses for him. It''s getting to the point where I want change, if only to hear something different, but I try to remain pragmatic.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Two points.1. The difference for me is that under Lambert, no matter what the situation, in the majority of games I always felt that we had a chance of getting a result. Under Hughton I don''t. 2. I''m fed up with the excuse about "this seasons fixtures have been pretty heavily skewed". Presumably that means that when you''re in 16th position you shouldn''t worry because most of the teams we''ve played are above us in the league.   [/quote]

You can be fed up with whatever you want. The fact remains that up to now we''ve played the entire top 9 clubs. At 10 games we''d played the top 7 (I think). That''s a harsh fixture list.

[/devilsadvocate]

Lambert''s gone. As far as I know his departure had nothing to do with Hughton. If Hughton goes you won''t get Lambert back. It''s time to let go lads...

[quote user="QHcanary"]The fact remains that up to now we''ve played the entire top 9 clubs. [/quote]Wrong - we haven''t played Liverpool (2nd) or Man U (6th).We''ve also played Villa (12th), Hull (13th) and Cardiff (14th) and got one point from them.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="QHcanary"]The fact remains that up to now we''ve played the entire top 9 clubs. [/quote]Wrong - we haven''t played Liverpool (2nd) or Man U (6th).We''ve also played Villa (12th), Hull (13th) and Cardiff (14th) and got one point from them.[/quote]

Quite right. Wtf was I reading?!

Still. Our fixture list up to the 10 game point was heavily weighted with top 6 teams.

It''s the upcoming few months before the last 4 games that will define the season.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Premier league only...

Paul lambert:

1.12 points per game.

Chris Hughton:

1.10 points per game.

This isn''t a defence of Hughton. I''m getting pretty bored of it TBH. It''s not the best to watch, and the bullsh1t I have to listen to is staggering, but he''s not really doing any worse than the "messiah", and this seasons fixtures have been pretty heavily skewed by the number of top 6/7 clubs we''ve played.

Discuss.[/quote]

The figures are:Lambert 2011-12 season: 1.236 points per PL game.Hughton 2012-13 season: 1.157 points per PL game.Hughton 2013-14 season: 0.916 points per Pl game.Based on today''s league table (and now having played six games at home and six away) the average position of the teams we have played is 9th.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Premier league only... Paul lambert: 1.12 points per game. Chris Hughton: 1.10 points per game. This isn''t a defence of Hughton. I''m getting pretty bored of it TBH. It''s not the best to watch, and the bullsh1t I have to listen to is staggering, but he''s not really doing any worse than the "messiah", and this seasons fixtures have been pretty heavily skewed by the number of top 6/7 clubs we''ve played. Discuss.[/quote]

Oh, I think it is.

for me the difference is under Hughton I find it hard to see where a goal is comming from. We spend all our time worrying about what the opposition can do rather than stamping a style on the game. IMO being organised which is what Hughton brings to the table is not a style.