Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

no leadership

Wazzy van Donkeydangler wrote the following post at 2013-11-24 3:37 AM:

Sadly I think Holty would struggle to work his magic under this regieme

He did, that''s why he left!

Actually, Holt''s contribution last season was underrated.

We have now had 12 games and our strikers have scored 2 (yes two!) goals between them!! WTF is that for a stat?! Translate that over a 38 game season and that''s just 6 or 7 goals total from our strikers. Absolutely appalling!

i wasn''t really talking about his goals although they wouldn''t go ammiss right now, just his character and personality, his mischeivousness on the pitch the whole package. Nobody has filled that void or there is no evidence of it.

Although Holty isn''t exactly setting the world alight at Wigan. He came on as a substitute after 60 minutes yesterday, missed a one on one and has scored 2 goals in 14 appearances.

i said an in his prime 30 year old grant holt in the op cambridge, we may have replaced him with 2 better strikers although that is up for debate at the moment , but we are missing his larger than life character around the place and on the pitch... i don''t know what we can do about it cos it takes time to become a leader and gain respect we can''t just pick one off the shelf in january.

[quote user="im spartacus"]i wasn''t really talking about his goals although they wouldn''t go ammiss right now, just his character and personality, his mischeivousness on the pitch the whole package. Nobody has filled that void or there is no evidence of it.
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on, McNally aided by his puppet Hughton couldn''t wait to dump him, now let them inherit the wind of discontent blowing around Carrow Road.

The trouble is Spartacus, Holty was a one off, players like him are like hens teeth, very rare.

To be fair though Spartacus, Holty wanted to leave and said that he wanted to go from January. Can someone really lead by example when that is their stance? Personally, I think it was the correct decision for Holty to move on in the summer and his performances for Wigan have been a vindication of that. How it got to the stage where a genuine club icon and legend was desperate to leave the club is argument for another day and another thread though.