Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

We drew the last 88 minutes

You can''t afford to keep giving teams a goal start in this league. It doesn''t matter how you set up the team or the tactics if you can''t keep your own goal intact for more than a few minutes.

"We drew the last 88 minutes"

Never seen such a desperate attempt to take a positive, this really is scraping the barrel.

Man Utd lost the first 90 minutes and 35 seconds of the 1999 Champions League final. Do you think that was a consolation to Oliver Kahn?

Rickyyyy''s spot on. In the end we didn''t cave in and got back into the game but it''s never going to be easy to get anything if you lose a stupid goal in two minutes. We may as well have started the game 0-1.

Crabby has a point though. The team didn''t fold even when they suffered more injuries. We won the 2nd half and finished the game pretty well. Ther''ll be positives as well as negatives when this game is reviewed at Colney.

I''ll focus on the entire 95.

We lost the game.

That is my choice, you can focus on the last 88 minutes if you wish.

Oh come off it. We put them under pressure for 10 minutes.

Newcastle should have had 4 or 5 and if Remy wasn''t so greedy they would have done.

Our defence was constantly being sliced open and we relied on dead balls for our chances.

We didn''t win a single corner until the 78th minute. Hooper hardly touched the ball and had once chance.

Don''t try and make out that we deserved something from the game because we didn''t, Newcastle were quite clearly the better team and deserved their win.

We rattled them for 5 minutes, maybe 10, they looked comfortable for the rest of the game.

I thought we came back at them well after the goal - didn''t Pilkington go close with a header? Plus a couple of other chances?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Oh come off it. We put them under pressure for 10 minutes.

Newcastle should have had 4 or 5 and if Remy wasn''t so greedy they would have done.

Our defence was constantly being sliced open and we relied on dead balls for our chances.

We didn''t win a single corner until the 78th minute. Hooper hardly touched the ball and had once chance.

Don''t try and make out that we deserved something from the game because we didn''t, Newcastle were quite clearly the better team and deserved their win.

We rattled them for 5 minutes, maybe 10, they looked comfortable for the rest of the game.[/quote]
I have to say that this is a pretty accurate match report right here. Can''t argue any of that, especially adding in awful defending and goalkeeping gifting 2 goals, then thats it in a nutshell.

Newcastle took their foot off the gas. They could have had a hat full if they had wanted- we didn''t fight back they jut didn''t run away like hey could have done.

If they hadn''t been safe by half time the second half would have looked different I''m very sure.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Oh come off it. We put them under pressure for 10 minutes.

We rattled them for 5 minutes, maybe 10, they looked comfortable for the rest of the game.[/quote]Juggy says it how it is. Loathed to agree with him but errrr hes right

[quote user="ron obvious"]I thought we came back at them well after the goal - didn''t Pilkington go close with a header? Plus a couple of other chances?[/quote]

No.

If that header was on target it would have dropped into Kruls arms.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Agreed Ricardo, but overall (after that awful start)............[/quote]

Oh, you''re being serious?

What an idiot you are.

Yellow Shirt wrote the following post at 23/11/2013 5:42 PM:

I thought we came back at them well after the goal - didn''t Pilkington go close with a header? Plus a couple of other chances?

-----------------------------------------------------------

No.

If that header was on target it would have dropped into Kruls arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well. That''s not what the commentator said, nor any of the reports I''ve read. Redmond also had a decent chance, Fer nearly got on the end of a cut back (after Bennett had knocked it across I think).

NUFC looked the better team going forward, I''d agree. But if one of those chances had gone in, it might have been a different game (as it certainly was for most of the second half).

It''s like it''s a major surprise to some,that we have lost, by 1 goal, to a team who inflicted a bigger defeat on Chelsea in the last month. We have known for at least a fortnight that a loss in this game was quite possible.

Do I like my team losing? Absolutely not.

Was I happy with ''only'' losing by 1 goal? Nope

Some of you must have been holding hands, skipping through the tulips over the last couple of weeks, and suddenly, it''s like you''ve just found your wife in bed with a Binner.

Yes it is pathetic. Embarrassing too.

Snake eyes nailed it. From NU''s point of view, they were a few ifs away from a 6-1 win.

How about if the manager made his substitutions earlier......? If gets us as many points as reality.

There isn''t a team in any league that wouldn''t be happy to draw the remainder of the game after they''ve gone ahead! It means they win.

I''ve heard some desparate arguments but good grief!

Krul had more to do than Ruddy overall however if we persist in playing the Keystone Cops in defence then we''ll continue to lose. It is so frustrating watching these comedy capers as the team played pretty well other than the insistence on imitating a crab in midfield. It would also help if CH appeared to have a potential plan B should things go awry. Unfortunately this didn''t seem to be the case.

Yet again, some of you show what your nearest and dearest must go through, every day of their lives. That is desperately sad.

I choose to say that all is not bad, and some of you want to nitpick, and take joy, in dissecting the minutiae. That''s embarrassing.