Sign in to follow this  
JJ

Martin needs to be dropped?

Woeful yet again.

Defensively incompetent as a right back and it''s time he got dropped? Fine at CB but he cost us in them first two minutes.

It might do him good to realise he isn''t always first choice.

Just seen their second! It bad goalkeeping...people calling for managers head. How can he be responsible for goalkeeping errors, or Johnson ball watching for that matter!

He sets the team out to keep clean sheet and take a chance away from home. Even if one of those awful goals went in we could have been coming home with a point which I would have been happy with.

It''s all if''s but''s and maybe''s, and if my auntie had bo11ocks...

The Johnson thing, he shouldn''t have been picked - Managers fault

The Keeping, part the keepers fault, but the managers tactics invite way too much pressure on our back 5 and it''s ineviteble that mistakes will be made, yes they shouldn''t have been, but even if you put the likes of Vidic and Cech under enough pressure, mistakes will be made.

No better than Whittaker in defensive situations and gives you less on the ball/going forward. Good player to have in the squad (like Johnson) but not someone who should be in the first team regularly.

Obviously a model pro and decent guy which I think cuts him some slack. A less well liked player would probably come in for a bit more criticism.

I was at game today and agree that Martin was poor. However I must say that Johnson and Turner outshine him in the poorness stakes. We had five across middle and still looked short. We need a,centre half , holding midfielder and another winger desperately. And why bring on two subs with 2 mins left ????

If Pellegrini has the balls to drop Hart then Hughton should have the balls to drop Ruddy. Start Bunn as soon as he''s fit. All these "negative tactics" complaints are missing the point - we''re shipping soft goals and the players need to take responsibility.

Poor defensively, poor in attack. A good squad player who''s worth having on the books, but looked like a championship defender against the Magpies. Whittaker is a much better footballer overall and should have started yesterday after Martin''s recent indifferent form.

Bassong dropped (rightly so in my book) for not performing...Surely that means that Martin has to start...What does it say if the club and team captain are dropped for not being good enough.

If captaincy players don''t have their heart in the game for NCFC and Hughton, then it is not looking good for us as a team.

Maybe try Bennett and Bassong and give Turner a rest for 1 game. Not saying Turner should be dropped, but give Bassong a chance to proove himself again.

Then Whittaker can replace Martin and see how that goes...We seem to be losing too many games anyway, so why not try a little rotation..If it results in a loss, it''s probably no different outcome..Cheesed off yes.

Martin is the only leader we actually have. He should be captain and one of the first 3 names on the team sheet, so stop trying to poo poo the Norfolk Cafu !!!

I think there is little doubt that, with the system we play, BJ is the weak link at the moment. Could Martin play that role? Or Whittaker? We need to find an alternative, ASABP.

Sat 135 steps into the clouds at yesterday''s match what struck me the most is how, with just a small amount of managerial savvy, Pardew knew exactly what to aim for.

Within the first two minutes they''d stuck two deep diagonal balls onto Martin, he looked deeply shakey deling with both and to me at least this unsettled him for the rest of the game.

Similarly Ruddy, it looked liked Pardew had told them to shoot from wherever and whenever they could, thankfully they weren''t so hot at this but again his current form suggests he''s going to spill one or two of them.

In answer to the OP, yes absolutely, I''ve always felt SW looks a more composed fullback and we look much better with him in the team.